Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Increase?! Where is it?

• itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol they are reverting the console build that would improve this anyway.
    My guess is the performance gains we were promised have been getting canceled out by the strain placed on the servers being constantly queried for textures that couldn't be loaded. If the processing units on the server side are being overwhelmed because they are spending minutes at a time using computation cycles to unsuccessfully try to resolve the "pipeline" pathing conflict the new code created (vs the expected millisecond spent resolving a correct path then moving on to other calculations) it would certainly explain why the game has actually ran worse, which it most certainly has for me, since CWC dropped for PS4.
    Edited by itscompton on November 22, 2017 7:27AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HuawaSepp wrote: »
    My 4 cores are always equally loaded.
    Windows typically spreads the load of a single thread across all cores. Take a quad-core CPU without hyper-threading as an example. It will show as 4 cores in Windows' task manager. If a program is limited to doing work in a single thread, and running at full tilt, you will typically see that as 25% usage of each core.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    Buy better hardware. :p
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • Diversus
    Diversus
    Soul Shriven
    Skwor wrote: »
    I7-6900k OC'd to 4.2 ghtz, 1080 ti OC'd by 20%, 32 gig of 3200 ram running xmp at 3000. Yes I do get 60 fps at 4k. I do though see a fps drop over time usually around 3 hours of gameplay.
    I do pvp but not recently, just kind of fell out of pvp and prefer pve for now. Fits my work life balance.

Oh and my rig was a bit more than 3k lol

What is really impressive is I get almost the same performance on No Man's Sky but that game uses every core / thread it can. I am stunned how NMS can ramp up all 8 of my cores and push them to 72C against a 240 push-pull radiator.

Something tells me you're using a Corsair or some other company AIO for your cooling rather than an open loop system because there is no way an open loop system would be getting that high in temps and 4.2Ghz isn't that high and can be done on a 3rd party aftermarket air-cooler for $30.00 and still run just fine. FYI.. those AIO water coolers suck and are a waste of money.

And why aren't you running your ram at 3200? Using XMP sucks 9 times out of 10. Just do it yourself.

It's honestly not hard to OC anymore like people think it is considering all the safety features of newer tech that won't allow someone to brick their stuff right away.

Posts like these annoy me.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazkyth wrote: »
    Buy better hardware. :p

Or I could just find a better optimized game.

Or, could go back to console, as I have done. Screw PC gaming, too much buck, not enough bang.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Diversus wrote: »
    I7-6900k OC'd to 4.2 ghtz, 1080 ti OC'd by 20%, 32 gig of 3200 ram running xmp at 3000. Yes I do get 60 fps at 4k. I do though see a fps drop over time usually around 3 hours of gameplay.
    I do pvp but not recently, just kind of fell out of pvp and prefer pve for now. Fits my work life balance.

What is really impressive is I get almost the same performance on No Man's Sky but that game uses every core / thread it can. I am stunned how NMS can ramp up all 8 of my cores and push them to 72C against a 240 push-pull radiator.

Something tells me you're using a Corsair or some other company AIO for your cooling rather than an open loop system because there is no way an open loop system would be getting that high in temps and 4.2Ghz isn't that high and can be done on a 3rd party aftermarket air-cooler for $30.00 and still run just fine. FYI.. those AIO water coolers suck and are a waste of money.

And why aren't you running your ram at 3200? Using XMP sucks 9 times out of 10. Just do it yourself.

It's honestly not hard to OC anymore like people think it is considering all the safety features of newer tech that won't allow someone to brick their stuff right away.

I did cheese out on the water cooler and used a corsair, also when I ran my ram at 3200 I kept getting watchdog timer errors, though if I manually adjusted timings probably could have fixed that. Was easier to just XMP it.

On a side not, the corsair is actually doing pretty well, the 6900k series is notoriously power hungry above 4 gig, they are a bit harder to push high into the 4 gig range, but you are right I am sure an open loop system could get me more.

Remember not every chip is alike, at 4.3 I saw my temps skyrocket above 90 during stress testing in under 6 minutes, the 6900k chip-sets have a wickedly high rate of power consumption curve at high speeds making them very hard to tweak for max OC.

I have melted two I-975Es playing around with OCs, I tend to be a bit more conservative now.
    Edited by Skwor on November 22, 2017 1:16PM
  • Diversus
    Diversus
    Soul Shriven
    Diversus wrote: »

I did cheese out on the water cooler and used a corsair, also when I ran my ram at 3200 I kept getting watchdog timer errors, though if I manually adjusted timings probably could have fixed that. Was easier to just XMP it.

On a side not, the corsair is actually doing pretty well, the 6900k series is notoriously power hungry above 4 gig, they are a bit harder to push high into the 4 gig range, but you are right I am sure an open loop system could get me more.

Remember not every chip is alike, at 4.3 I saw my temps skyrocket above 90 during stress testing in under 6 minutes, the 6900k chip-sets have a wickedly high rate of power consumption curve at high speeds making them very hard to tweak for max OC.

I have melted two I-975Es playing around with OCs, I tend to be a bit more conservative now.

They do run hot but people have even gotten over 4ghz running on air using the AMD FX chips which ran much hotter than intel i7 line-ups.
  • wizzard
    wizzard
    ✭✭
    itscompton wrote: »
    Lol they are reverting the console build that would improve this anyway.
    My guess is the performance gains we were promised have been getting canceled out by the strain placed on the servers being constantly queried for textures that couldn't be loaded. If the processing units on the server side are being overwhelmed because they are spending minutes at a time using computation cycles to unsuccessfully try to resolve the "pipeline" pathing conflict the new code created (vs the expected millisecond spent resolving a correct path then moving on to other calculations) it would certainly explain why the game has actually ran worse, which it most certainly has for me, since CWC dropped for PS4.
    That’s one of the most logic and helpfull comment here thanks a lot

Tbh idc about the textures or details I want a smooth gameplay and fast reactions of my character