Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Increase?! Where is it?

wizzard
wizzard
✭✭
Before Clockworkcity was released they promised a fps increasement but the whole game covered now with the topic Longloadingscreens... Trials especially on consoles are laggy (PS4 Pro 100Mbts)

Zenimax u promised a fps increasement will it happen on consoles or is it just a promise to gain time to don’t lose players?
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Framerate is a lot better for me on XB1.

In big nasty Trials fights (e.g., Rakkhat, The Serpent), I was running at maybe 2-5 FPS prior to CWC.

Now I'm running at ~15-20 FPS on my XB1S and smooth as butter on my XB1X.
  • wizzard
    wizzard
    ✭✭
    Think u play a different game bruh or Xbox performance is too op cuz even pc players get those fps so Idm believing u but it’s not that good on ps4
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play 4k at a pretty solid 60 fps. Not seeing any issues with fps
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA - pre CWC was nornally running with 95 - 100 fps, and since CWC its still running about this except heavy populated areas where it drops to around 60 fps
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wizzard wrote: »
    Think u play a different game bruh or Xbox performance is too op cuz even pc players get those fps so Idm believing u but it’s not that good on ps4

I'm having trouble translating this into English, but, everyone in my Trials guilds has seen better performance in raid since CWC.
  • wizzard
    wizzard
    ✭✭
    I m talking about CONSOLE PS4 (pro) FPS PROBLEMS they promised it to get an increase of fps pvp/pve
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

I'm having trouble translating this into English, but, everyone in my Trials guilds has seen better performance in raid since CWC.

Yeah, this is worse than cave painting. At least that was more understandable.
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    What ever they did increased mine but I'm pc so I don't matter here
  • VizigothAlaric
    VizigothAlaric
    ✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »

I love when ppl who have 3k$ worth gaming rig writing these words...

2.4GHz Intel Core i7-4700
    16GB DDR3L (2x 8GB, 1,600MHz)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 860

I am end-game player and I have max 15-18 fps in Vmol Hm Rakkhat fight If I don't overclock my cpu.
    So please tell me should I spend 2.5-3k$ to able to play 3 years old MMO with 60fps ?

What about they learn which game engine they need to use before creating a game and coding and optimize the game ?
    Vizi - PC EU
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2.4GHz Intel Core i7-4700
    16GB DDR3L (2x 8GB, 1,600MHz)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 860

I am end-game player and I have max 15-18 fps in Vmol Hm Rakkhat fight If I don't overclock my cpu.
    So please tell me should I spend 2.5-3k$ to able to play 3 years old MMO with 60fps ?

What about they learn which game engine they need to use before creating a game and coding and optimize the game ?

I'd say, save up three hundred bucks, get an xbox, and buy something worth a crap instead of this game.

Though there's no reason that hardware should be having these issues from what I can see.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol this guy doesnt pvp ^
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol I'm one of those people with a crazy PC and this makes me mad. I see posts about new budget hardware and there is always someone who says "I'll stick with my 1080 Ti" or something along those lines. Like, really?

Also I call BS on a constant 60 FPS unless you never PvP, never do new dungeons, and never stay logged in for more than an hour or two.

This game's FPS tanks over time for whatever reason. It's like a memory leak. PvP and the new dungeons exceed the game's capabilities and FPS is awful in them.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My FPS goes down to 12 or less in nSO, but at least it isn't freezing up like before.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue that ESO has it is more dependent on CPU than GPU. This was something they discussed in a few articles.
    They talked about moving more of the game to be processed by the GPU as updates come out. This over all should make the game perform better as they do this. Most games are very dependent on the GPU, ESO is different in that respect.

XB1X user here and I can say that the games runs very well. I have run a few trials since CWC and the frames have been good. I hope to see more improvements as time goes on.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a FPS boost in the major cities since the last big update.

I still get the occiational lag and die in PVE and the all the time lag and die in PVP.
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    The biggest issue that ESO has it is more dependent on CPU than GPU.

Can't confirm this.
    Only in loading screens my i5-7600k @4,8 core, @4,5 cache is at max load.
    Especially in PVP or Raids both CPU and GPU are at low load when FPS drops to 30.

I think it has more to do with RAM speed and CPU cache speed.

PTS-EU
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    HuawaSepp wrote: »

Can't confirm this.
    Especially in PVP or Raids both CPU and GPU are at low load when FPS drops to 30.

It is. The problem is that it's dependent mostly on single core performance. The highest I've seen was ~15% usage (which is roughly 2 cores at 100% on 8700k with HT). I'm yet to see a part, where my GPU is at 100% or near (usually it's close to 20% on gtx1080ti and to 28-35% per GPU on a 2x gtx970 OC in SLI). So it is CPU bound, but it's better to have fewer, better performing cores rather than a multicore monster, so intel CPUs will perform better in ESO most of the time). The game just can't use all the cores modern CPUs have.
    Edited by tommalmm on November 21, 2017 2:57PM
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's in the crown store :blush:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On Xbox One I'm getting some VERY neat FPS in raids. Before CWC to get decent FPS in any raid I had to do the following:
    - turn off sound and music
    - turn off health numbers and percentages
    - turn off buff trackers
    - turn off combat text
    - use a polymorph (a skeleton, a xivkyn, a baron or a cadavrous assassin)
    - restart the game once ported inside an instance (vMA and vDSA included)

We had everyone in our raid group do the above steps and no one was complaining about bad FPS.

After CWC, no one does the above and everyone is getting 25-30 FPS in most raids. I still personally turn off combat text and health % but that's just because I want to keep my screen clear of everything and frankly, most of the time, my game is very smooth.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • wizzard
    wizzard
    ✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    On Xbox One I'm getting some VERY neat FPS in raids. Before CWC to get decent FPS in any raid I had to do the following:
    - turn off buff trackers
    - turn off combat text

We had everyone in our raid group do the above steps and no one was complaining about bad FPS.

After CWC, no one does the above and everyone is getting 25-30 FPS in most raids. I still personally turn off combat text and health % but that's just because I want to keep my screen clear of everything and frankly, most of the time, my game is very smooth.

Turn off the whole game Yh? Is it not the function to use everything which is possible properly? I want to have a sound when I play
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - turn off buff trackers
    - turn off combat text

Turn off the whole game Yh? Is it not the function to use everything which is possible properly? I want to have a sound when I play

Do you have reading comprehension problems? I said that was LAST PATCH. Do I need to bold that out for you?

In fact, I'll quote it:
    Before CWC to get decent FPS in any raid I had to do the following:
    After CWC, no one does the above and everyone is getting 25-30 FPS in most raids.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    tommalmm wrote: »

Can't confirm this.

It is. The problem is that it's dependent mostly on single core performance. The highest I've seen was ~15% usage (which is roughly 2 cores at 100% on 8700k with HT). I'm yet to see a part, where my GPU is at 100% or near (usually it's close to 20% on gtx1080ti and to 28-35% per GPU on a 2x gtx970 OC in SLI). So it is CPU bound, but it's better to have fewer, better performing cores rather than a multicore monster, so intel CPUs will perform better in ESO most of the time). The game just can't use all the cores modern CPUs have.

Hm I can't belief this.
    My 4 cores are always equally loaded.
    Also a friend tried to OC his i5-4690k to 4,8ghz but only could OC core clock and his system had ddr3 1600 ram (I have ddr4 3000). He got 20 fps less at raid boss fights.
    Also how could the xbox one perform so well with only 1,75 (2,3 for X) core clock?
    PTS-EU
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    tommalmm wrote: »

Can't confirm this.

Hm I can't belief this.
    My 4 cores are always equally loaded.
    Also a friend tried to OC his i5-4690k to 4,8ghz but only could OC core clock and his system had ddr3 1600 ram (I have ddr4 3000). He got 20 fps less at raid boss fights.
    Also how could the xbox one perform so well with only 1,75 (2,3 for X) core clock?

I'm just describing my own experience with hardware and ESO, because I've been upgrading pretty much all my setup recently (not for ESO, for other games mostly). Getting a CPU that had better single core performance did much, much more for the game than getting a top notch GPU. But, I already had quite a decent GPU config (in many cases 2x OCed gtx970 was close to gtx1080 performance and ~30% worse than 1080ti, except when you were running out of vram).

If you think about it for a while, you can always get a GPU that is so fast that the CPU will be a bottleneck... And you can get a CPU so fast, that GPU will be bottleneck (or the other way around, you can get a GPU so slow, that it will be a bottleneck).

As for consoles, IDK about Xbox One X, but on everything else it was capped at 30fps. My 6 years old notebook can do 30fps in eso at mixed high and ultra settings. What I talk about is 100fps+, not 30.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they meant 'Decrease' and made the mistake of spelling it wrong
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    I heard of a guy who OCed his I7 7700k Processor to 5.0 Ghz, and is running a GTX 1080 TI card with 4266MHZ of Ram, and is able to get 60 fps at 4k in trials. But man, taking a core to 5.0 GHZ, gotta have some reliable LC for that.

I will have a build similar to his built around February.

All The Kek
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before Clockworkcity was released they promised a fps increasement but the whole game covered now with the topic Longloadingscreens... Trials especially on consoles are laggy (PS4 Pro 100Mbts)

Zenimax u promised a fps increasement will it happen on consoles or is it just a promise to gain time to don’t lose players?

You have to buy it in the Crown Store!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

lol this guy doesnt pvp ^

Just because PVP is having issues right now doesn't mean the game itself is. There is more, a LOT more to ESO, than just PVP.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL they arent fixing the lag, frame rates and load screens.

No matter how many times they tell you they will, they wont.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I7-6900k OC'd to 4.2 ghtz, 1080 ti OC'd by 20%, 32 gig of 3200 ram running xmp at 3000. Yes I do get 60 fps at 4k. I do though see a fps drop over time usually around 3 hours of gameplay.
    I do pvp but not recently, just kind of fell out of pvp and prefer pve for now. Fits my work life balance.

Oh and my rig was a bit more than 3k lol

What is really impressive is I get almost the same performance on No Man's Sky but that game uses every core / thread it can. I am stunned how NMS can ramp up all 8 of my cores and push them to 72C against a 240 push-pull radiator.
    Edited by Skwor on November 22, 2017 12:52AM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol they are reverting the console build that would improve this anyway.