Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What are you most often asked to craft?

resdayn00
resdayn00
✭✭✭
Fellow crafters!

I started this discussion to know what are you most often asked to craft. What items/sets/motifs/traits, etc.

I have 8 traits on everything, a nice number of motifs learned and I can craft 90% of the orders (I can’t craft like Mazzatun style or Nirnhoned yet.. YET!)

I’d say for me, 90% of all sets requested are either Hunding’s Rage, Julianos or Seducer, the rest are barely ordered, sometimes Night Mother’s Gaze or Magnus’ Gift.

Around 50% of the time, the requested style will be Hollowjack, 30% of the time it’s “any style, I’ll wear a costume”, 10% Xivkyn and the rest are BARELY if ever mentioned.

Most requested traits are Divines, Sharpened, Training, Impenetrable, and sometimes Infused or Sturdy. The rest are almost never requested, only for research. Nirnhoned weapons are very rarely, but sometimes ordered from me.

Foods, drinks, potions and glyphs are very rarely requested.

What statistics or interesting facts can you share, as a crafter?
PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    I think you just about summed it up.

Hundings, Julianos, occasionally clever alchemist or eternal hunt.

Usually impen or divine, occasionally well fitted or sturdy.

I craft for free to help people out. If they start requesting certain style motifs like BA or something I tend to drop it.

Most of the time people just ask for "something that looks cool".
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lately not much unfortunately. I would have to agree with @doslekis for the times I do craft. Mostly I craft for my alts or guildies who are still leveling.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with everything above. As for Styles, Dro'mat is always popular along with your glass and Xivkyn types. BA has been asked for alot though since I got it. I make people have the style mat for the more expensive ones. Also, LOTS of training sets. Contrary to OP I get i decent amount of requests for food with the armor. Especially when it's training armor. I also get alot of people who want me to enchant it as well.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on November 15, 2017 8:11PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a lot of requests, especially by new players or folks leveling alts, for foods/drinks that scale to your level (witchmother's potent brew, Orzoga's stuff, etc). Also, due the cost of CP150 purple, tri-stat recipes, many players don't have these learned and would rather provide the materials for me to craft them.

I craft a ton of training sets, usually on the 6's (level 6, 16, 26....) and enchant them with the "5" level glyph just below them. I'll generally improve it up to blue for free, but request the purple tempers if they want them to that level.

Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for all your answers. I wanted to see what other crafters are asked to craft, and it's just what I expected. Seems like there's not much diversity regarding sets, traits, styles. I wish it wasn't like this though.

I forgot to mention Shacklebreaker, that's sometimes asked too, also Daedric style especially for weapons.
    Feric51 wrote: »
    I craft a ton of training sets, usually on the 6's (level 6, 16, 26....) and enchant them with the "5" level glyph just below them. I'll generally improve it up to blue for free, but request the purple tempers if they want them to that level.

I do it similarly, I upgrade to blue for free, in case of purple or gold I ask for the upgrade mats. Also if the style requires a rarer style material, I ask for those too. For training gear I also enchant them with a glyph, usually a blue one with the appropriate level.

PC EU - Ebonheart Pact

• Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    I agree on the set requests, and i think the style response is usually do to lack of knowledge for the most part. I if able to spare like surprising people with rare styles and some holiday only styles because i love the reaction.

:open_mouth::open_mouth: wtf is that!? I look awesome.
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    That’s a really nice gesture to do, especially considering that holiday-only styles (assuming you meant the crown-exclusive motifs) cost mimic stones to craft. If the cost for those would be lower, like the style material would be available outside of crown store, I’d probably do the same, although definitely not when ppl answer like “Idk what style, what’s the rarest/coolest you have???” (Yes, with tons of question marks.)
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hundings and juli without a doubt get asked the most and they always want it in the new rarest most expensive motif that I don’t have yet. And then don’t tip or give 2k :/

This is why I stop crafting for others, just not worth it. Most of the time they ask for master crafter then ask you for build advice and what style you like. Then when you tell them the cost of items or to go look at gc they don’t want help. I find that most of the people in zone chat are just looking for hand outs. Sorry end rant
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunding's Rage, Night Mother's Gaze, and Julianos are the main sets I'm asked to craft. Almost always divines or training on clothing; infused, training, nirnhoned, or precise on weapons.

For armor styles, more often than not they don't care what style it is because they wear costumes; for weapons people seem to like Hollowjack, Soul-Shriven, or one of the three alliance styles.

I get requests for enchanting glyphs of most types a fair bit, but I'm rarely ever asked to craft food or potions.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    Hundings and juli without a doubt get asked the most and they always want it in the new rarest most expensive motif that I don’t have yet. And then don’t tip or give 2k :/

This is why I stop crafting for others, just not worth it. Most of the time they ask for master crafter then ask you for build advice and what style you like. Then when you tell them the cost of items or to go look at gc they don’t want help. I find that most of the people in zone chat are just looking for hand outs. Sorry end rant

I have a crafting fee which is 2k gold per piece, plus the materials. Most people have no problem with it and will gladly pay that price. I still probably won’t ever get close to making a profit, considering how much gold and effort I put into becoming a crafter (and I’m still missing quite a few motifs and almost all nirnhoned). So I ask for that gold in return for my invested time and crafting knowledge.

Regarding build advice; If I feel like helping people (I usually do), then I’m willing to spend a few minutes giving advice regarding their gear. If I’m in a hurry or just generally tired/pissed, I tell them to look up what gear they want and it’ll be done. Below cp160 if it’s not training gear they’re asking for, I’ll tell them to think about it more, as I generally don’t recommend investing in possibly expensive crafted gear below cp160. Yes, I lost clients due to that. Yes, they thanked me and when they reached cp160 I was the first person they asked to craft them stg.

In more detail, this is how I craft:

1 set piece: 2k gold + base mat + style mat (if rare/expensive) + trait mat (if nirnhoned) + upgrade mats (from epic onwards)

Your item(s) will be upgraded to superior for free, if needed.

If style mats or upgrade mats are missing I’ll charge extra, to compensate for that. If base mats are missing I tell the client to gather their mats and then come back.

If you order a full training set, I’ll include superior quality glyphs for free.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Food & Drink - WMB & DCT mainly!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Usually gear.

Sometimes weapons... :|

(I know....I know...)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most received requests: "something cool for my class/race in an OP set" ...with no further info given.

It was constantly getting requests like that which made me stop offering crafting to most others. I now only craft for good friends, most common being research items & glyphs.
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hunding and Julianos , always

about styles ? Exclusive crown store one ... and when you say them that you don't have ... you know that in their head they are like " Hum, Why he call himself MasterCrafter if he don't know ALL motifs ? " it's one of the thing that i hate about crown store.
    Edited by Apherius on November 18, 2017 5:23PM
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do julianos training gear a lot. Because it's usually sub c160 gear the style isn't an issue.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Julianos.
    I have a crafting station in my house for it. Divines or training depending on the level.

I actually crafted training seducer a lot gear before I had the crafting station in my house (or the wrothgar DLC)

I don't craft weapons for people, i have the awkwardness of having blacksmithing and woodworking on different characters.

The style I make it in is Daedric because I have more of that style mat than any other and most people say they don't care.
    Edited by Narvuntien on November 18, 2017 4:40AM
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hundings and twice born star :)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • AngryOldMan
    AngryOldMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    i sell alot of max stat+recovery food in guild store, have crafted some twice born star on request (maybe 3 times), spell power and immovability pots sell quick. Now a days i mostly craft low level gear for others to research (nirnhoned)