Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Enough "Long Skirt" Robes. Make New Designs.

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the long symmetrical robes, but I guess they could change the jerkins on most motifs (don’t touch Buoyant Armiger, Glass because they are awesome).
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats wrong with slimfit dresses/robes/shirts ?

too much baggy ooutfits imo
    PC
  • Zimbugga
    Zimbugga
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was this era's style to have long robes? I always thought that.
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, have you guys seen the Mercenary Heavy Legs?
    That thing is LITERALLY a skirt.
  • Zimbugga
    Zimbugga
    ✭✭✭

I thought it's a kilt.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On first sight, the game appears to be fairly diverse, but after a while you realize most of the stuff is blatant "copypaste" :(
    Edited by Octopuss on November 16, 2017 12:19PM
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a "robe"? How can you tell?

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aDwbGdN_700b.jpg
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for this :smiley:
  • LordSylvestrion
    I agree!
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I really liked the sixth house robe but the skirt it kinda ruined it for me.

Would be nice to have less of that in the future.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Solexe
    Solexe
    This one would personally love terry cloth robes, yes. Channel ones inner Arthur Dent
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My favourite look for heavy legs, that mercenary gear..

Tell these fella's they're wearing skirts!
    008-gladiator-theredlist.jpg

Edited by Biro123 on November 17, 2017 3:52PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree about the light armor skirts.

I try not to look at what my male high elf magicka templar is wearing. Sigh. I should of just picked female at the character creation screen. :)
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Biro123 While I do understand where you are coming from. That up there is just a single garment.
    The mercenary Skirt/Kilt However is an entirely separate thing from its chest piece. They aren't even made of the same stuff.
    Edited by madeeh91rwb17_ESO on November 17, 2017 4:01PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ While I do understand where you are coming from. That up there is just a single garment.
    The mercenary Skirt/Kilt However is an entirely separate thing from its chest piece. They aren't even made of the same stuff.

Summer frock. I'd call it a summer frock.

But I do like the 'armor over robes kind of look - even historically..

but don't like how the longer robes flow in eso.. Shorter like the merc set is perfect :-)
    Edited by Biro123 on November 17, 2017 4:09PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Almost all the robes in the game, including the many new ones, have no "aesthetic cuts" in them.
    I am talking about the lower/bottom part that covers the legs.

These robes are all generally just totally round and tight "long skirts" with a different pattern on each of them.

And for some reason they seem too feminine to me to use.

The motifs like Mercenary and Dark Brotherhood etc are some nice exceptions, and only ones on my light armor characters.

The said "aesthetic cuts" are not merely aesthetic, but also have an "athletic" purpose to them.
    I would imagine one would find it rather struggling, to sprint and jump in such a confining attire.
    Any sort of "cuts", whether in the sides or front or back should help solve both the lack of mobility and beauty that these robes offer.

Therefore, I just wanted to request a small dose of creativity in the future designs and end to dastardly "tight long skirts".

Now I am no fashion designer. But here is little something from Skyrim to seed your imagination:
    5657210-1368564200.jpg

ESO robes look like a running burrito. It’s all I can think! I too, like the shape of the Skyrim ones.
    Edited by Mureel on November 17, 2017 7:46PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, the mercenary light chest piece is a longcoat. Of course, someone already linked Ebony and Hollowjack has been mentioned.

There are a lot of non-robe looking robes in the game now. Though, granted, a lot of those are squirreled away on motifs you might not see very often.

Looks awesome too, except the flaps.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    I prefer the long symmetrical robes, but I guess they could change the jerkins on most motifs (don’t touch Buoyant Armiger, Glass because they are awesome).
    I also prefer long robes, but more variations had been nice. Other longer skirt than the daeric, perhaps split up the sides.
    Main annoyance is the hip flaps there most look bad at least on light armor
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.