The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Enabling CP has detrimentally changed Battleground playstyle

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that, and never have I said anything to the contrary. In fact I've been pretty vocal over the years that this forum is a tiny minority, in particular of console players (Look at the view stats on Patch notes alone) however it is our only channel to express our views.

I've played BG from launch, regularly, with a number of guys. And I know we all feel the same. 99% of the people I've spoken with about it, feel the same. < there, some context.

And let me be clear, its not about CP, its about CP in BG. I had only played Vivec previously pretty much. I hated the idea of No-CP for BG and needing another build.

Then I played more and more, and felt the buzz of the pace. At first I thought it was just BG tactics and pace. It wasn't untill CP dropped and that pace totally changed, to the same stuff you see in Vivec I realised how badly CP doesn't fit with BG. And honestly, virtually everyone I know and speak to that regularly played BG before and loved it, feel the same.

100% of the low CP players I k ow that hit the leaderboards before have gone, or are at least less regular.

If you love CP and didn't want to play BG with out them and have your wish then that's ace. Good for ya. But honestly, for those of us that wanted BattleGrounds to drop and were enjoying the change of pace its a massive kicking.

Are those of us on the forum vocal - hell yes. Because it's already been said its a test and they will monitor it, so feedback is important. And hell the NerfSorc brigade got their way!!!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add my voice to the choir and say that no-CP BGs were far superior to the current state. I was pretty active on the threads during PTS advocating that BGs be kept no-CP and I still hold by that - please ZOS, revert them to no-CP.

The sad thing is, ZOS obviously knows that no-CP is better for BGs. They made them exclusively no-CP from the beginning which means somebody over there who knows what they're doing did a bunch of testing and determined they'd be far superior as no-CP - he or she was right. But unfortunately they've given into some complainers on these forums and in an effort to placate those voices and try to attract more players, they decided to change BGs to CP against their initial inclinations.

Come on ZOS, you KNOW BGs are better with no-CP. That is why you made them no-CP to begin with. Please change them back.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    Just wanted to add my voice to the choir and say that no-CP BGs were far superior to the current state. I was pretty active on the threads during PTS advocating that BGs be kept no-CP and I still hold by that - please ZOS, revert them to no-CP.

The sad thing is, ZOS obviously knows that no-CP is better for BGs. They made them exclusively no-CP from the beginning which means somebody over there who knows what they're doing did a bunch of testing and determined they'd be far superior as no-CP - he or she was right. But unfortunately they've given into some complainers on these forums and in an effort to placate those voices and try to attract more players, they decided to change BGs to CP against their initial inclinations.

Come on ZOS, you KNOW BGs are better with no-CP. That is why you made them no-CP to begin with. Please change them back.

Spot on @bubbygink and great point that no-cp was the original design for a reason!!

I'm praying @ZOS_GinaBruno chases an update for us. It was a test after all and the countless threads on here are vocal enough to show what we want. 98% of the comments are in favor of CP removal
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem solved!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a great day!!! So happy about this news.

It's a game changer for me, via la No-CP!!

Confirmed by the mighty @ZOS_GinaBruno in this thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388166/we-get-no-cp-bgs-back-1111111111#latest
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP