Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Do you get nirn when deconstructing a transmuted nirnhoned item?

lientier
lientier
✭✭✭✭
I would be interested if someone tested this (on PTS).
I read, that transmuting something doesnt use a trait-item. So you 'only' need 50 transmutation crystals to transmute for example a weapon to nirnhoned.
What happens if you deconstruct a transmuted item.
I see a new economy opportunity (or exploit?) when it would give nirncrux when deconstructed.
PC-EU @lientier

Best Answers

• lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    would be nice to get some transmutation crystals back though ;)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt do it, but there are probably people with no use for their transmutation crystals. ;)
    on PC EU last I checked nirncrux was 15k
    PC-EU @lientier
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't you get nirncrux back? The item has been transmuted so the original trait is gone. It's a stupidly expensive chance of getting one nirncrux but it should work.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that for transmuting an item you first need not only to know the new trait you want, but also to put the wanted trait material. Meaning to transmut something into nirn you have to know the trait and you have to put a nirncrux.
    Isn't that so?
    I haven't tried the system yet.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    FastBen wrote: »
    I always thought that for transmuting an item you first need not only to know the new trait you want, but also to put the wanted trait material. Meaning to transmut something into nirn you have to know the trait and you have to put a nirncrux.
    Isn't that so?
    I haven't tried the system yet.

You do not need a nirncrux. I have no transmuted 3 items to nirncrux and used none of my potent nirncrux items. I have not tested it but I do not think that deconing transmuted items will result in getting a trait item back unless its the original trait item. I think this is a great present from ZOS and I hope it doesnt change.

This is SO wrong, I mean that you don't need the trait item :o It can be explained by "you transmute the trait itself, not exchange it", but still - totally not how it should be.
    I'm sure however it won't be like that regarding Transmog system - no need for Mimic Stones? Won't happen :P Unless the Mimic Stones don't sell and they just gave up on them.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why you wouldn't get back the retraited trait item after the item is transmuted. I say this because of the existing mechanic in place for deconstructing Grim Harlequin and Stahlrim gear. To the best of my knowledge the deconstruction of those items is the only way to get the style items intact. Use a mimic stone to make it initially, then deconstruct it to get the style item. Seems as if the same would apply to deconstruction of retraited gear.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why you wouldn't get back the retraited trait item after the item is transmuted. I say this because of the existing mechanic in place for deconstructing Grim Harlequin and Stahlrim gear. To the best of my knowledge the deconstruction of those items is the only way to get the style items intact. Use a mimic stone to make it initially, then deconstruct it to get the style item. Seems as if the same would apply to deconstruction of retraited gear.

Cuz you don't use a nirn in the firstplace - plus doing this would be HIGHLY STUPID with 50 transmute crystal for 10-14k max.
    Edited by Mureel on November 13, 2017 12:06PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also, I read somewhere and cannot find it now; that the mimic stone thing is unintended and will be patched - but I can't find the reply now, so carry on.

I wouldn't with the new and improved banhammer they seem to have bought - but since I can't find the post it must not be that big a deal or it would be pinned or sth. Right?
    Edited by Mureel on November 13, 2017 12:09PM
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Also, I read somewhere and cannot find it now; that the mimic stone thing is unintended and will be patched - but I can't find the reply now, so carry on.

I wouldn't with the new and improved banhammer they seem to have bought - but since I can't find the post it must not be that big a deal or it would be pinned or sth. Right?

If it was unintended it wouldn't drop the proper style item... Also, deconing Harlequin or Stahlrim only to get the style item is stupidly inefficient. As for Nirncrux - again, why would you transmute something (50 crystals!) to get an item so easy to find?
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »

If it was unintended it wouldn't drop the proper style item... Also, deconing Harlequin or Stahlrim only to get the style item is stupidly inefficient. As for Nirncrux - again, why would you transmute something (50 crystals!) to get an item so easy to find?

The question is not whether it would be cost effective - it isn't. The question is whether it would work. And it should. Once you've changed the trait you've changed the trait, and you should always get back the trait stone of the current trait.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am still interested if someone tested it actually
    PC-EU @lientier