The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should ESO become cross-platform?

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    As cool as it would be, it will likely never happen. PC would have to give up add ons, or console would have to adapt them. Neither of those things will happen. Especially with Sony. Look how much of a struggle it was to get mods for Skyrim.
  • Fallconn
    Fallconn
    ✭✭
    Yes.
    There was an interesting article about cross platform today. Not necessarily ESO but pretty close. I personally would love to be able to play my characters from both PC and XBOX as I own both and sometimes I like to just sit on the couch and relax on the XBOX rather than sit in front of the PC.

5b1ad7d61ae66218008b4ec6-960-480.jpg

https://businessinsider.com/ps4-bethesda-crossplay-elder-scrolls-legends-2018-8

• Becky617
    Becky617
    No.
    I don't think it'll happen due to Sony being hostile to the idea of cross play.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    But only between xbox and ps4 PC would have an unfair advantage with addons and macros
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I voted "Other". Reason is as was said the PC has "advantages" :P While they may be quality of life issues, it still gives an advantage over console players. That said, why not? Are these advantages really there? I can't say from experience so I dont know. While I keep reading that PC has the advantage with the mouse, controllers have the advantage with movement. So it will need to be tested out.

So if it's not an issue, I say do it. If it is an issue, then let it be done with PvE then. PvP will be disallowed but people can still play with friend in PvE where the advantage is not to get an edge on another person.

Davor
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No. Never. There are enough difficulties running the platforms as they are. Making such a sweeping change would be disastrous.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    Oh man. I was hoping this was a discussion about the Necromancer class :'(
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Ps4 & Xbox absolutely should. I don't know the feasibility of it given sonys reluctance but it seems the natural direction online gaming needs to go in, especially console or they will lose further ground to PC.

PC is a different kettle of fish but I do believe that you should be able to pay to swap your account over. It surely to christ can't be too much work for ZOS, especially if they get to suck more money out of consumers wallets. (Read one time transaction = ££..£)
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    Between ps4 and xbox yes, pc would definitely have an advantage with add ons and all that crap so Idk about pc being in the mix with consoles. Would also depend on how the performance would be, kinda feel like they'd somehow break the game even more, and if they'd have an option to opt in/out of it because I know some people would end up complaining about it endlessly if they didn't have a choice. Idk if that'd even be possible but I know people would ask for it. Sony is a huge pain when it comes to cross-platform though, so it'd all depend on if they stop being so difficult and pull their heads out their butts.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fallconn wrote: »
    There was an interesting article about cross platform today. Not necessarily ESO but pretty close. I personally would love to be able to play my characters from both PC and XBOX as I own both and sometimes I like to just sit on the couch and relax on the XBOX rather than sit in front of the PC.

5b1ad7d61ae66218008b4ec6-960-480.jpg

https://businessinsider.com/ps4-bethesda-crossplay-elder-scrolls-legends-2018-8

Unfortunately this is entirely irrelvant. Legends is fundamentally different. At its core its built to reach a broad audience based around mobile accessibly as well as pc as Pete Hines explains. None of the principals for why its so vital that legends be cross platform apply to eso. Not to mention how logistically impractical it would be.

Frankly, my guess is the only reason they are raising a stink about legends is to garner more exposure for it, since cross platform play and sony is a very hot topic atm, its easy marketing.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    can you imagine sony and ms agreeing on anything?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    In its current state eso cannot become cross platform. Reasons should be pretty obvious.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Would be nice, but we all know ps4 will have none of that.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Not possible, you think Sony and Microsoft want to mix players? That's whta determines this.

And for everyone who thinks that there's a huge play difference between gamepad and kbd/mouse... a lot of PC players use controllers and gamepads.

Yeah given the aiming and so in this game apart from some siege weapons, wouldn't really be a huge difference
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Not possible, you think Sony and Microsoft want to mix players? That's whta determines this.

And for everyone who thinks that there's a huge play difference between gamepad and kbd/mouse... a lot of PC players use controllers and gamepads.

Yeah given the aiming and so in this game apart from some siege weapons, wouldn't really be a huge difference

Yes it would. It would be VERY huge. Camera speed alone on mouse allows for snapping 180 streaks and lining up shalks with a precision that is physically impossible to replicate on gampad due to camera speed limitation settings. That reason alone would put pc players at a significant advantage. Ofc you CAN play on gamepad mode on pc, but there is a very real objective disadvantage in pvp.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 14, 2018 9:51PM
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Cross platform and merge the servers. Europe an NA server should be merged to be one english mega server
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I always support cross platform for non-shooters.

Sony won't ever allow cross platform with MS though.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 15, 2018 2:13AM