The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should ESO become cross-platform?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This *assumes* it is possible, which it probably isn't. Basically in response to the "Should NA/EU Servers merge? Yes/No/Idc,why?" thread.

Cross-platform means that Xbox, PS4, and PC players can all play with one another regardless of platform, although there would still be an EU and NA server.

Curious to see what people think about this!
Edited by Vaoh on November 13, 2017 9:38AM

Should ESO become cross-platform? 294 votes

Yes.
36%
IcyDeadPeopleSolarikenGilvothDeadlyRecluseArobainotis67Animus-ESORedTalonZapzarapLadyAstrumDhukathSigunothomas1970b16_ESODaiKahnZunaRoathMilvanfalcasternub18_ESOKorah_EaglecryTanis-StormbinderIdinuse 106 votes
No.
49%
SBCMojmirAcrolasBigBraggGreyleafCpt_Teemowenchmore420b14_ESOYulsBam_Bamdennissomb16_ESOKharnisAuriellePasdevDredlordanitajoneb17_ESOmakrethidkkickback120ub17_ESOkkravaritieb17_ESOYukon2112 146 votes
Maybe
5%
ValveHidesFromSunSpearDuskReverbFodoreshadelonVaohOh_SkrivvaCadburyParaNostramUrbanMonkTrinotopsReaver-StormhamreMJalldayDunnnApostateHobo 16 votes
I don't care
6%
Uriel_NocturneIruil_ESOTurelusWillhelmBlackmakerofthingsRomoMgghoolEirellaValrienThe_SaintSevalaricgirlku5hKaspyNaughty_RyderSheenazSaturnanaBbsample197Daedric_NB_187 18 votes
Other
2%
jedtb16_ESOCaffeinatedMayhemJade1986Davormr_wazzabitheher0notDracan_FontomSaintSubwayy 8 votes
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Console and PC should never merge due to the gameplay difference caused by Gamepad/Mouse controls and due to the fact that Console don't have addons and probably never will.

XBox/PS4 cross play hinges on Sonys and Microsofts approval and currently Sony doesn't like that.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    dunno how performance would turn out if this is technically even possible

BUT PC users would be on such a huge advantage with Addons ect, that for console players it would prob be hard to get into competitive PVE guilds.

also as in PVP with miats atm beeing allowed it'd be an unfair adantage for PC due to console not even able to use the addon (if youre using or not doesnt matte rin this chase, only the possibility of ppl having it installed and ruunning woul dbe unfair)
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    More scrubs for us PC players to destroy in cyrodiil would be greatly appreciated. Rek them while they are turning their canera around :D
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I don't care personally but it won't happen and would be unfair if it did.

Sony/Microsoft are impossible to get to work together most of the time.
    PC players will have the advantage of FPS unless they restrict PC to 30 FPS as well (follow ESO live talk about FPS lock on console for balance).
    PC players will still have add-ons whilst console players won't.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    It would be fun to play with PS4 players some really good pvpers but I’m okay with playing with the pc cheater race
    Edited by FloppyTouch on November 13, 2017 9:44AM
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    It would be fun to play with PS4 players some really good pvpers but I’m okay with playing with the pc cheater race

So much scrubby salt.
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    No, we don't need the "console war" to become a thing that can become a verbal argument in chat. And it's also unfair with all the add-ons that PC users have.
    Leave it as it is with the respective servers for each platform. Some aspects of the game are already toxic as it is. We don't need cross-platform to make it any worse.
    (In my experience, anyway. Some areas of the game social wise are extremely toxic)
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    If they do(which they wont they are way too lazy)they will likely:
    1.ban addons(good)
    2.bork the Pc version in favor of the console version( bad but I couldn't really care I wouldn't get the pc version due to cheat engine and the current addon problems)

They would be better off just adding server transfer.
    Edited by Countcalorie on November 13, 2017 9:50AM
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    It would be a good think, but some addons then must be a part of the game and not only useable for pc user. But first they should fix performance.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it could be nice, it is not possible for many reasons, including the obvious advantages PC players have:
    • The mouse is faster than a joypad.
    • The keyboard is faster than a joypad.
    • Add-ons.

Having all the platforms merged would also mean developing and testing all the content at once. Which is very expensive. What game companies do is developer for a platform and then have a smaller team dedicated to porting the game to another one. A smaller QA team tests the porting.

This is true for all game companies. And this also explains why mobile games are often split into ios and android. Apple has a very rigid and specific hardware. Games are made to exploit it. Android runs on many platforms and the performance is sacrificed to have it running on most devices. If the game involves races to the milliseconds, you can't merge them.

Same happens with ESO.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    No.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    No, we don't need the "console war" to become a thing that can become a verbal argument in chat. And it's also unfair with all the add-ons that PC users have.
    Leave it as it is with the respective servers for each platform. Some aspects of the game are already toxic as it is. We don't need cross-platform to make it any worse.
    (In my experience, anyway. Some areas of the game social wise are extremely toxic)

You make a good point.Xbox Eu is already toxic enough(those who still play I mean).I shudder what to think of what would be unleashed if all the Eu servers merged.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I personally don't really care. I mean, cross-platform could be fun. :)
    But that's easy for me to say as PC players would have a lot of advantages over their console brothers and sisters.
    (and balancing out those differences, on top of balancing the game itself, may be a disaster waiting to happen :P)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    It was fun in Morrowind beta. :'( I miss my EU friends.
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    It won't happen so long as ZoS has to delay patches due to Xbox Live and Playstation Network's verification processes.
    There's a reason consoles get patches several weeks after PC, and that has to do Microsoft and Sony both thoroughly verifying ZoS' content for compliance with their gaming networks.

Once console and PC patches happen on the same day, we might be able to think of Cross-Platforming.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    - The game is already crowded enough as it is
    - Different platforms have different populations with different mentalities, as it obviously shows in the above comments
    - It would require various changes to adjust to the increased population - i.e. more instances of the various game zones, more instances of Cyrodiil, more guild traders, etc.

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    ZOS isn't like Square Enix...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    goodluck on convincing ps4 to do a crossplay
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    LOL no. Console shufflers wouldn't stand a chance.....

Hmmmmm, actuallly yes...yes, let them in.... :trollface:
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    bring the plebs to the slaughter in cyrodiil!

Yes i am a evil person
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I would love to watch them struggle doing their daily writs without add-ons >:)>:)
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Only if addons are disabled from cyro. If not, it just wouldnt be fair.
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Milvan wrote: »
    I would love to watch them struggle doing their daily writs without add-ons >:)>:)

I do mine just fine (on pc).
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    PS4

Not gonna happen. PS4 already does not allow cross-play between Minecraft(which has cross-play between; Nintendo Switch, PC, Xbox) and Rocket League (same thing).

Sony just...doesn't want to play ball with the idea of cross play...I don't really understand why, even after reading up on it.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    PC would have a massive advantage due to addons so the only thing that would make sense would be for both consoles to party together. But good luck getting that agreement between Sony and Microsoft.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    Sure, with the following provisions:

- keep your console UI to yourselves, I don't want it infecting my gameplay experience :D
    - any Player or character name conflicts will defer to the PC account, and the name change will be forced on the console account
    - the console community openly accepts that PC/Mac add-ons will likely create disparity, both in combat and the economy.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Nah. I actually play ESO on PC because I started there and have too much stuff to throw away, but I have actually made an effort to play console more on other games. There's less cheating in some games where that is an issue (which I don't see as much of an issue here in ESO) but one thing I noticed is there seems to be more level playing fields as far as hardware goes. They even mentioned it on ESO live on why they locked the new XBox to 30 FPS. I've played games side by side to my PC and theres definitely something to it. And that is before even considering add ons.
    Edited by technohic on November 13, 2017 3:09PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    hell no cos all the cheating PC Add On's

To be fair even Xbox / PS4 is a bad shout. performance differences etc etc etc will be noted i'm sure.

The joy of console right now is bar connection speed its man v man.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.
    Yes, please! I would love to see 10 or 20 Cyrodiil campaigns all pop locked with raging battles all across the map 24/7/365 .
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Not possible, you think Sony and Microsoft want to mix players? That's whta determines this.

And for everyone who thinks that there's a huge play difference between gamepad and kbd/mouse... a lot of PC players use controllers and gamepads.