The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Pausable or Learning Mode Trials

Mureel
Mureel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
It would be nice, if there was a way to have a pausable or training mode of each trial and version to be able to pause it (the crown could be the one with the ability available) so that when you see people making same errors, bad positioning etc, it can be paused and pointed out. No scores, loot, clears, or any achievements would be given other than perhaps a linkable ‘I’ve graduated the training version’ Type thing like ‘Gone through the motions’ - but not even that necessarily.

It would just be nice to pause before a mechanic and go ‘This is where XYZ will happen and this is what we do’ or ‘guys, see this? You’re on the wrong side, this is what you look for and where you need to be’ or ‘ok get in position again for shield phase, look, you’re too far out’ and things like that.

I know the good raiders don’t need it; but it would be a great tool to help raise more good raiders and I can’t see any down side.

I’ve tried using normal for training but they really are too forgiving and with vet trial level of dps - everything is just burned too fast.
Edited by Mureel on November 12, 2017 12:21PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For another example: a lot of people wipe the group on twins because they don’t interrupt Jesus beams or new to vmol healers aren’t seeing when to purge etc- you could pause it and go look: that guy is gonna die - this is when you need to interrupt. Or look at that bad negate; this is why you need to park the boss at the wall and no one stand far back, etc.

It’s I think where people have the most frustrating time - and when you understand the why and where - it’s much easier to know what to do.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't get the point. You can just go into a vet trial and train and pause all day long. You will get no good score, but neither would you in a training mode. If you mean actually stoping time in a fight, I doubt the game could even do that.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I don't get the point. You can just go into a vet trial and train and pause all day long. You will get no good score, but neither would you in a training mode. If you mean actually stoping time in a fight, I doubt the game could even do that.

The point is to be able to go around the room for example (if the ones I’ve posted above aren’t enough) and teach positioning without agroing the boss, you can show a new to trials tank where to stand without parking a cake outside and roughly doing a mock positioning.

Position training for HM and stopping to point out mechanics before the occur, etc.

I could give several more examples- but either you understand how it would help or you don’t. More examples won’t make that any clearer.

There are many reasons for, and none against.

Yeah, I don’t know if it’s possible or not and it’s pretty far down the list beneath other issues like bugs/performance in game; but I think it would be a really great thing to have.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Videos are the most useful. Particularly from the perspective of the role that you are trying to teach.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Videos are the most useful. Particularly from the perspective of the role that you are trying to teach.

@code65536
    At the moment yes :-) It would be nice though if that weren’t the only option given the fact that videos are most often done by ‘pro streamers’ with little to no talking throughout the raid other than ‘my horn’ and ‘X mechanic’ etc.

People in the videos returned by google aren’t going through step by step etc and also, there are good written guides on Late Nite Dungeoneers website - but a training mode would still be a nice QOL thing.

Aside from that, thank you for the vhof add on! (not to mention the plunder skulls one lol)
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    title made me think you were talking about pausing the progress when you log out,which would be nice in some cases.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Record a video of your run and annotate it later.

The hard part will be getting people to actually watch it though :D
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Record a video of your run and annotate it later.

The hard part will be getting people to actually watch it though :D
    That won’t do anything more than explaining in advance of each fight/mechanic/placement or watching other vids really....but I’m sure my idea will never happen so *shrugs*
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Discovering mechanics is part of the experience. It’s not meant to be spoonfed to players.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Discovering mechanics is part of the experience. It’s not meant to be spoonfed to players.

That is your opinion.

Also Spoonfed? because raid notifier and 65366 vhof addon isn't spoonfeeding mechanics - pls. You cannot even possibly screw up VSO HM anymore because of that and you talk to me about spoonfeeding because I would like to have a different way to train new raiders? xD I lol.
    Edited by Mureel on November 20, 2017 12:41AM
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Woeler wrote: »

That is your opinion.

Also Spoonfed? because raid notifier and 65366 vhof addon isn't spoonfeeding mechanics - pls. You cannot even possibly screw up VSO HM anymore because of that and you talk to me about spoonfeeding because I would like to have a different way to train new raiders? xD I lol.

Then don't open a topic on public discussion forums if other opinions trigger you. "xD I lol."
    Edited by Woeler on November 22, 2017 12:37AM