Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Get rid of crotch flaps.

• platonicidealgirlfriend
    as someone who never has and never will grow out of their punk phase i live for crotch flaps.

from another perspective and with the recognition that TES is fantasy, not history, flaps or codpieces are more accurate to the garments of the time that the fitted crotches we have on a lot of motifs. for most of history trousers took two forms; one style had a lot of extra fabric in the crotch, which was cut more square than fitted, and the other more closely resembles a hybrid of chaps and women's stockings, with the gaps being covered by flaps or codpieces. The fitted crotch we expect on our pants today dates to the 18th century.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate them myself just ugly
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me that really hates these things? Not only are they not mix & match-friendly, but they also often clip through the armor/costumes they were designed for. The designers clearly don’t take personalities or weight into consideration either, since both can cause the flaps to clip with the outfit when they otherwise wouldn’t. Take this for example.

EE03296_A_3_AF8_4_E6_C_8_C35_DE930_AAE2_B7_D.jpg
    Pretty decent screenshot, right? If I were to somehow beat the astronomically low odds and win that sweepstakes for the NPC character, this is the shot I’d want them to use for any promotional material (assuming I chose this character). Except...right at the bottom, if you look closely, you can see where that bone crotch flap is clipping ever so annoyingly. This is due to the personality. Otherwise, it hardly clips at all.
    893_A3_FC6_5_D41_41_EF_855_F_96_F3_CA4_E719_F.jpg

Weight is also a factor, as I tested in the character edit screen with another character (neglected to take screenshots, unfortunately). It’s really not as big of a deal as I might be making it sound; there are obviously much more pressing issues at the moment and with that considered, this probably isn’t even worth an entire topic. It just nags and nags at me, because (to me, at least) it’s almost perfect. Like 99%. I hate almost perfect more than not perfect because I know that chances are, I won’t find something I think is superior. My biggest problem with it, though, is that I just don’t understand why they keep designing the armors to include this. SWTOR does the exact same thing. They’re completely unnecessary and look tacky on most styles I’ve seen anyway.

I recommend removing them altogether or at least making it so they don’t appear without the full style set. And remove it from Cavalier of the Sworn Oath PLEASE. How about a toggle? A toggle for whatever the hell they're actually called.

At least your familiar is sporting a flapless look, lol. :smiley: Sorry I couldn't resist. Though I think they do this so you will buy costumes.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toggle hips, toggle shoulders... and make people run naked while, in fact, fully armoured. Like it wasn't enough to have a towel costume available for exhibitionists.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna start it's own thread for this, but I'll leave it here too, since it relates.

ZXKgCcW.png

CLIPPING.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like my characters junk protected.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been begging for the removal of crotch, butt and the oh so hated hip flaps since forever. Yet they keep slapping them on nearly every new motif. They KNOW they clip. They KNOW players don't like them. They keep right on making them. I honestly don't understand it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want more flaps. Flaps everywhere.
    Maybe even one on your back. It could start at your shoulders and go all the way down.
    Yeah, a whole body back flap. That sounds great.

Totally not a cape. I know you can't add those ZOS, but I know you like flaps ...
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to get rid of crotch flaps, you can always send her to the kitchen.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I want more flaps. Flaps everywhere.
    Maybe even one on your back. It could start at your shoulders and go all the way down.
    Yeah, a whole body back flap. That sounds great.

Totally not a cape. I know you can't add those ZOS, but I know you like flaps ...

"Back flap" FTW!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then what would I protect the family jewels with? I need my flap! :)
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine they do it because its hard to make pants Baggy, or look natural in that area. so they cover it up! epecailly if SWTOR does it as well I'm sure its a designer 101 trick they learn in school
    Edited by magictucktuck on December 8, 2017 10:22PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of my toons have junk.

I try to keep Bosmer jacks on all my characters because they have no crotch flaps. However the higher the level the goofier the hip flaps. When I need to run a different chest piece I wear a costume. I would wear the ashlander costume on every one of my toons if it weren't for the shoulder pieces.

By the way, Mix-a-Lot was right but Freddie Mercury told us first.
  • oriondean
    oriondean
    ✭✭
    I agree, I want the option to hide hip flaps, if that includes crotch flaps so be it, I posted another topic that mentioned this and got laughed at by fellow players. but hopefully the devs are atleast reading these posts if they aren't acting on them. maybe someday they will take a pole themselves and see there is a large group of players that want this to get fixed.