The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Frequency and severity of crashes increasing

Doctordarkspawn
Doctordarkspawn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever since the Clockwork city update, crashing has been rampant. We just had an entire group in the Alikir crash simaltaniously, sometimes straight to Windows blue screens.

For me personally windows just says that ESO stops working. It used to just kick me to the login screen, now it just flat out crashes to desktop.

PLEASE, ADRESS THIS ASAP. I'm on NA PC, and given the sheer amount of people who crashed, I doubt it's a hardware issue.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it’s happening to everyone. It’s a new type of crash. The game stops and you get “ESO.EXE has stopped working”

I don’t know of anyone who is immune to it, but it seems to happen to some people more than others. Frequency for me is about once a day.

It drives me insane because I’m a BG player and I get the deserter penalty when it happens.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Yeah it’s happening to everyone. It’s a new type of crash. The game stops and you get “ESO.EXE has stopped working”

I don’t know of anyone who is immune to it, but it seems to happen to some people more than others. Frequency for me is about once a day.

It drives me insane because I’m a BG player and I get the deserter penalty when it happens.

Well at least it isn't just us.

Some of our mates flat out get windows blue screens when it crashes, it seems to be some sort of deep windows issue.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of our mates flat out get windows blue screens when it crashes, it seems to be some sort of deep windows issue.

Did it start for them with the CWC launch too? The “performance improvements”?

They work and the performance is better but I can’t help but think that it’s related to the crashes since the crashes tend to happen within 1 min of zoning.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this sometimes.

The weirder part is I get the "ESO.exe has stopped working" crashes when I quit the game sometimes too.
    PC-NA Goat
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard a lot about this but I haven't been disconnected once since clockwork. Regardless, they need to address this
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did it start for them with the CWC launch too? The “performance improvements”?

They work and the performance is better but I can’t help but think that it’s related to the crashes since the crashes tend to happen within 1 min of zoning.

No one started talking about these before Clockwork city. So, Yes.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ereboz wrote: »
    I've heard a lot about this but I haven't been disconnected once since clockwork. Regardless, they need to address this

Neither have I, and that's great.

But I'd trade it for the potential blue screens.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    most of crashes of mine happen shortly after I teleport/enter a new location
  • Zyjin
    Zyjin
    ✭✭
    The only logical conclusion of any crashes would technically be related to the new loading changes and stuff.

Perhaps since this new loading overhaul changed a lot it (as with the introduction of anything in coding) introduced some new issues as a result of trying to fix old.

I would submit some bug reports and hopefully, ZoS is looking into figuring out the cause of these and is planning to fix them.

As an aside, I haven't really had any crashes much myself, only about one that might have been related to my addons.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep right around when they said they were doing 'Performance Improvements' my game started doing all manner of wonky crap.

Mobs desynchronized with me meleeing my face even though they are standing 20 meters away (happens almost every time my DK chains something in CWC), animations for entering doors or talking to NPC's seems super delayed or just completely non-existent so as a result instead of waiting for a NPC to turn and actually.. you know react to me pressing E, I just mash E like a madman until something finally happens. Last but not least the "ESO has stopped working" message, never saw this once since I started playing ESO (2013), this week it happened twice, two days in a row.

Too many sudden issues to just be a mere coincidence.
    love is love
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭

178252.gif
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same goes for me, since CwC I've been crashing at the most stupid moments.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Reclaire
    Reclaire
    Me too! Disconnects more frequent since CWC. And I hadn't noticed but yes often after porting to another location. Often enough to be VERY annoying
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm CwC and Windows 10 fall creators update came at the same time. Maybe win messed up ?
    I also had Problems in ESO just before CwC like game crashes, fps Drops, freezers.

I installed win 10 new directly at Version 1709 and all my Problems with eso are gone.

Edited by Irfind on November 5, 2017 10:24AM
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not crashed a single time since CWC.....
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you all using Windows 10? Some posters have attributed it to a very recent Windows 10 update. If so, you might find this relevant:-

https://askwoody.com/2017/throttling-cpus-in-win10-fall-creators-update-version-1709/
    Edited by Tandor on November 5, 2017 10:59AM
  • sabretalon
    sabretalon
    ✭✭
    Last few days I have crashed pretty regularly on Xbox eu every time I try going to a crafting station. Used to have it about once a week but now get it daily. Logged back in straight after and it sometimes allows me to craft something or it just crashes again.

Xbox One EU servers

GamerID: Sabretalon

Also have it on PS4 but not my focus console

Casual play, explorer and altaholic. ESO+ member

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get ESO.exe stopped working as well, and a loss of sound in both PVP and PVE
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far no crashes, but got a lot of endless loading screens in PVE OVerland zones, and my fps is overall worse everywhere If I dont rep my client once or twice a day
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of references to ESO.exe. Are you not running ESO64.exe?

I run ESO64.exe. I have no crashing, no disconnections, no long loading screens. I'm on Windows10, patched up-to-date.
    PC EU
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    I get this sometimes.

The weirder part is I get the "ESO.exe has stopped working" crashes when I quit the game sometimes too.

This is most often what happens to me as well. I'd say 25-50% of the time, I get the "ESO.exe has stopped working" "crash" when I've just exited the game. I've only actually crashed once that I can remember, and it was in the middle of a BG.

Started after CWC release. Never had a crash or error report before then.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be false advertising if devs say they are fixing this lag issue and nothing happens?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

I've had that two or three times over the past three and a half years including once a couple of days ago. The game exits perfectly normally and I wouldn't know about it without the error message/prompt to send a report. PC EU here, with Windows 7.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't often have crashes or infinite loading screens (outside of Cyrodiil, anyway) until CWC. The saving grace is that when my game crashes the server must hear about it, so that I'm not waiting five minutes for the server to let me back in.

Windows 8, using the Steam launcher.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they push back console release of CWC on console until this and the sound issues are addressed. Xbox version of this game crashes more than enough in its current state we cannot handle any more! Please keep this broken update off of our systems until you address these key issues.
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    I've had more frequent crashes since the CWC release as well, generally specifically when porting to a new location or exiting a loading screen (entering a building or instance, for example).
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Are you all using Windows 10? Some posters have attributed it to a very recent Windows 10 update. If so, you might find this relevant:-

https://askwoody.com/2017/throttling-cpus-in-win10-fall-creators-update-version-1709/

Apparently yes this exists, but I used a default power plan before the update, so most of this shouldn't effect me.

However, if the game was being further bottlenecked, I'd wager it'd run -much- worse than this seems to imply. And it does not. I still get consistant, good FPS. And no other games I play suffer from massive performance decreases.

This game specifically is allready CPU bottlenecked. So if we'd see further bottlenecking, I'd wager we'd know.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on November 5, 2017 8:17PM