Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Domihaus - How do you break his damage shield?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve faught Domihaus many times now in Veteran Falkreath Hold. A handful of times I have noticed that his damage shield (which he is prompted to activate at < 26% health) drops while fighting him, but I have no idea how this is triggered.

Does anyone know how to purposely break his damage shield? It would help me a lot with this boss lol.

Ty
Edited by Vaoh on November 4, 2017 10:35PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it goes away after he does a shout. Not sure, though... the end is usually so chaotic that I don't always pay attention to details like that.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was told it is not a damage shield like we're used to, because as you said, you can kill him through it. The way it was explained to me is that it is added mitigation.

My guess is they wanted to make the burn phase harrowing and essentially shut off your crit, but then again that is added theory I've yet to test.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I think it goes away after he does a shout. Not sure, though... the end is usually so chaotic that I don't always pay attention to details like that.

Yeah that’s my issue too. It gets so chaotic I can’t tell what drops his shield.

I recorded a clip where he shouted at 5.5% health, but the shield did not go down unfortunately (and I died at 2.8% -_-).
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I was told it is not a damage shield like we're used to, because as you said, you can kill him through it. The way it was explained to me is that it is added mitigation.

My guess is they wanted to make the burn phase harrowing and essentially shut off your crit, but then again that is added theory I've yet to test.

You are correct, but on a few occasions the damage shield did drop off, and it wasn’t from it having a duration that ran out from stalling between 20-25% health for awhile.

There is either a way to drop the shield or a rare bug :/
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could you ask if this is actually a bug that the damage shield occasionally drops? I’ve asked players in-game and no one seems to understand how to break it either, though I have broken it twice now. If a mechanic is involved it’s too obscure.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could you ask if this is actually a bug that the damage shield occasionally drops? I’ve asked players in-game and no one seems to understand how to break it either, though I have broken it twice now. If a mechanic is involved it’s too obscure.

You'd probably want to ask @ZOS_Finn yourself, though I doubt he would reveal the underlying mechanic.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »

You'd probably want to ask ZOS_Finn yourself, though I doubt he would reveal the underlying mechanic.

True. My friend mentioned that it might have to do with the adds and the totems :/ still though no one seems to know what this mechanic is
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it's just to prevent you from critting him
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it prevents crits, and about 90% of the damage that you put on him is also directly negated by the shield as well. It's a million+ strength uncrittable imperfect damage shield. It's pretty OP honestly.

I would bet that the shield clears when the 4 adds are killed, but I'm not 100% sure.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

Well it prevents crits, and about 90% of the damage that you put on him is also directly negated by the shield as well. It's a million+ strength uncrittable imperfect damage shield. It's pretty OP honestly.

I would bet that the shield clears when the 4 adds are killed, but I'm not 100% sure.

You can still critically strike the boss.

A large portion of your damage is redirected toward his damage shield. The rest hits the boss and can critically strike as usual.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't done this fight in a while but I always thought it was tied to the adds. I believe there was a banner for each element type that spawns with them and the one that's glowing needed to be killed? I'm too fuzzy on the details now.. I got my helm and got the hell out so that's all I kinda vaguely remember about it.
    love is love
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done this fight in a while but I always thought it was tied to the adds. I believe there was a banner for each element type that spawns with them and the one that's glowing needed to be killed? I'm too fuzzy on the details now.. I got my helm and got the hell out so that's all I kinda vaguely remember about it.

That sounds like it could be it! Not sure though. Need it to be tested to be sure. Honestly I only cared because wanted to solo this boss, but have decided tonight I don’t have enough time before CwC launches on console (Tuesday) to keep trying. I’m gonna accept defeat on this one :disappointed:
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    His damage shield is connected to Atronachs. They spawn based on his HP % till something like 25%, then they spawn based on time. So it is best to have your ults ready by that time, stack atronachs with the boss and AOE everything
    Rawr
  • Make2k15
    Make2k15
    ✭✭
    I’ve faught Domihaus many times now in Veteran Falkreath Hold. A handful of times I have noticed that his damage shield (which he is prompted to activate at < 26% health) drops while fighting him, but I have no idea how this is triggered.

Does anyone know how to purposely break his damage shield? It would help me a lot with this boss lol.

Ty

It probably cannot be broken just like that. The way it seems to work is that the first damage mitigation shield goes away faster than the health and usually about 10% boss health it is completely gone. At this point you have about 10 sec or so to do dmg without boss having shield (and it is possible to kill him during this time if group dps is high enough). When the 10 sec (might be more or less don't know excatly) is gone new shield appears which has much much more damage mitigation like 10x. This second shield goes away too after a while is it just after certain amount of dmg done or boss shout or certain duration I don't really know.
    Edited by Make2k15 on November 27, 2017 12:37PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »

You'd probably want to ask @ZOS_Finn yourself, though I doubt he would reveal the underlying mechanic.

Which is one of the main weak points of ESO. All the important stuff is shrouded in layers of obscurity to the point I’m not sure even the devs know the subtle differences in some cases.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would ask another basic question: what is the pattern/timer of getting that dmg shield by the boss? Because it is not true that it always appears at around 25% of the boss. From my experience, sometimes it is indeed around 20-25%, but I also saw this appearing at 8% or even not appearing at all (on HM). I've done this dungeon countless times and I still haven't figured that out.
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    All I know is when he gets that shield everyone in my group starts beating the cow pies outta him and he dies lol. Closing your eyes when he shouts also helps so you don't get dust in your eyes lol
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    I would ask another basic question: what is the pattern/timer of getting that dmg shield by the boss? Because it is not true that it always appears at around 25% of the boss. From my experience, sometimes it is indeed around 20-25%, but I also saw this appearing at 8% or even not appearing at all (on HM). I've done this dungeon countless times and I still haven't figured that out.

The timing is "any point after about 25%" but if you DPS him too hard, he'll get delayed or outright skipped mechanics. Which is great, until he remembers to do them all at like 15%.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I've fine this dungeon we just pound on him till he dies. I bet the shield has something to do with the atros. A good way to figure it out would be to go in normal mode and don't kill him until you figure out just what is dropping the shield.