Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A lot of negative discussion about Argonians and Khajiit.

• skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    As a Dunmer, High Elf and Imperial player, I find that Khajit and Argonians are a necessary and integral part of society..... for free labor. I mean think about it for Skyrim, Khajit joined the evil Thalmor and Argonians sacked Morrowind. How dare they? I don't have beef with Argonians anymore though, we cool. Khajit on the other hand....
    Options
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattL: Thank you!
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of discrimination in this game reflects IRL prejudices imo in a large portion of people, not everyone, but a big chunk.
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it has to do with people associating khajiit and argonians with the furry community, and unfortunately there are A LOT of incorrect and negative stereotypes about the community.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    I can understand hatred toward any race in ESO. But comments about boots and rugs are just sad. I would call those who use such comments a lowlife scumbags, but that would get me banned, and also do not describe them nearly as bad as they are.

I prefer book covers made of softer hairless skin like man or mer
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    The amount of discrimination in this game reflects IRL prejudices imo in a large portion of people, not everyone, but a big chunk.
    This one is happy to be in an alliance with no stupid humans, yes we get snotty Altmers and Bosmer with mystery meat and far worse drinks but you can not get everything.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yarlenzey wrote: »
    Of course, the real evil and low-life scum in this game are Palomino-riding high elves with poncy names and long grey hair. It isn't silver, stop fooling yourselves.

Beastfolk belong out in the stables with the rest of the beasts of burden. Just stay on the opposite side of the stable so as not to get their stench on my Palamino horse. Its worth more than a pair of argonian boots made from the feet of a shellback.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on November 2, 2017 12:41AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it has to do with people associating khajiit and argonians with the furry community

How is an Argonian furry? :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on November 2, 2017 12:36AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it has to do with people associating khajiit and argonians with the furry community, and unfortunately there are A LOT of incorrect and negative stereotypes about the community.
    Particularly dumb since beast-headed people ... particularly lizard people ... have been a staple of science fiction since at least the 1950s, if not earlier, long before furries were even a thing.
    Real furries are pretty rare. I am 100% sure that the vast majority of the people playing the beast races are not furries.

Edited by SydneyGrey on November 2, 2017 12:49AM
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the internet. It's always been a haven for people who can only function in society because there are consequences for behavior to let out their true, horrible selves. And, of course, people who display the worst of human nature are kind of culturally ascendant right now, so things are worse than ever here in the land of anonymity.

Troll. It's apt that we use the name of a monster for someone who says deliberately provocative things in order to take pleasure in having upset others. Best not to feed them.

(Full disclosure: I'm often terrible at not feeding them. My overactive conscience gets the better of my good sense.)
    Edited by MasterSpatula on November 2, 2017 1:16AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

yeah I've been thinking the same for as long as I've been playing TES games
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the internet. It's always been a haven for people who can only function in society because there are consequences for behavior to let out their true, horrible selves. And, of course, people who display the worst of human nature are kind of culturally ascendant right now, so things are worse than ever here in the land of anonymity.

Troll. It's apt that we use the name of a monster for someone who says deliberately provocative things in order to take pleasure in having upset others. Best not to feed them.

(Full disclosure: I'm often terrible at not feeding them. My overactive conscience gets the better of my good sense.)
    This. Such a wonderful post. Love it.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
    Options
  • Kozato
    Kozato
    ✭✭✭
    I think people misunderstand. Some people like to joke about in-game lore and the aspects of it. If you don't like it just move along as it isn't for everyone. But please don't start begging zos to look into it - the game has all kinds of problems to fix regarding content which is more important. Don't turn their attention away from it to your feelings.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could of sworn this was a game. :confused:
    Options
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    TheMaster wrote: »
    701_B6340_4_BD5_46_C4_93_FC_A0_C48_ADC418_C.png

I'll admit it. My eyes were drawn to...something else first :blush:

Ughhhh, you're not sweet anymore cadbury!
    Options
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see just as much negative talk about Dunmer and Altmer. Beast races are just professional victims.
    Options
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP has culturally appropriated the Argonian and Khajiit races and I find this offensive.

Eh? Watchu talkin bout Willis? For clarity:
    • Currently playing Bosmer, as I got tired of the 'Watch your step' advice.
    • My crafter is a Breton.
    • I normally play Redguards. But someone gave them fat heads when Murrywand came out.
    • Cats pee on everything.
    So there, ner.
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

Options