Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Too many bugs. Why are there still so many bugs?

Jayman1000
Jayman1000
✭✭✭✭✭
Im still seeing way to many bugs, especially with boss fights. That bear, Foulhide, in Selenes Web will often jump up on the roots to the left and become untargetable by direct damage abilities and ground AOE (but can still be hit by for example templar jabs, it just takes forever to take it down).

Varaine Pellingare will often not jump down but stay up on the little wooden platform; but somehow she will still be able to hit with melee attacks.

And many more that I don't remember right now and didn't write down... but am sure I will encounter again soon :(
Edited by Jayman1000 on October 30, 2017 5:51PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These are not bugs, they're now features. And I must say there's quite a few of them in this game, with new ones added every patch...
  • Drakhaon
    Drakhaon
    ✭✭✭
    The best one is in vAA. There is no need of two tank for the hm now because there is only one axe on all the fight.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about the fact that mounts still have problems traversing non-flat terrain when it has been a problem for almost 2 years? Why when readying up for an activity in the activity finder it will say someone declined the invite or exited the queue when no one did any such thing and we have to sit there readying up 50 times? Why sometimes when I try to join a dungeon and there are only 4 people in the group and it says instance is full? Why am i getting pulled out of the imperial city when my game crashes and the campaign isn't full?

I could go on for hours.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I though this was about thunderbugs, nix-hounds, and other insectoids. ESO has too many for my tastes, they give me the heebyjeebies :^p

But you're right, and it's normal: everytime you change software versions, some issues are gone while some new ones are introduced, with various degrees of severity.
    Edited by Khenarthi on October 31, 2017 2:17PM
    PC-EU
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “The guys” try to get these down but because of “stuff” these “things” just “happen.”
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA. Soon. We dont have to be here.

But seriously the mount bugs with stopping for pebbles every 15 yards is brutal!
    PC-NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are bugs in any MMO. Some that create big issues yet never get fixed.

Heck, in another major MMO there is an instance at least 4 years old that has an intermitttent but that guarantees a player will die. Certainly not intended yet hasn't been fixed.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What made Elder Scrolls online different from a WOW clone was the engine that was built from the ground up. The engine was created by ZoS developers to fit what they wanted ESO to act like. Now this accomplishment is an amazing feat for a studio that didn't have any other titles under thier belt, it created a problem. There was a mass exodus of developers and programmers as well as layoffs. This left an engine that isnt familiar to anyone currently. In other words, Fluency in ESO engine is rather rare.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • LordSock
    LordSock
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of bugs in this game is why I stopped playing it. The game is awesome, but the bugs make it so frustrating.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is by far the buggiest and crash prone "finished" game I've ever played.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Too many bugs. Why are there still so many bugs?

too_many_bugs_uaidfb.jpg

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    “The guys” try to get these down but because of “stuff” these “things” just “happen.”

Finally someone who can explain stuffs! :D I believe though it's because they can't see the stuffs as we see it. Like they try to but it's like milk that never boils over if you watch it. But you look away one second!

Keep reporting them bugs, 'tis all we can do.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played games far buggier than ESO. WoW's first five years. SWG. FFXII. MxO. EQ2. The list goes on and on. And that's just MMOs. DayZ probably takes the cake as the buggiest multiplayer game I've ever played. Yeah, ESO has some bugs, but really guys. You don't know a "Freck from A Scanner Darkly" world of bugs if you think that ESO has a lot of bugs.
    Character Profiles:
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played games far buggier than ESO. WoW's first five years. SWG. FFXII. MxO. EQ2. The list goes on and on. And that's just MMOs. DayZ probably takes the cake as the buggiest multiplayer game I've ever played. Yeah, ESO has some bugs, but really guys. You don't know a "Freck from A Scanner Darkly" world of bugs if you think that ESO has a lot of bugs.

Come on, that is whataboutery... pointing out that other games have massive problems, and that some games are even outright *** (DayZ) doesn't change the fact that there are still a plethora of bugs that have been around for years. No matter what game we are talking about, there's always a ton of games that are even far worse. So you can always come up with the excuse that you should be happy with the bugs in this game because but whatabout those other games, they are far worse and much more full of bugs... I don't accept that and I don't accept year old bugs in boss fights.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 31, 2017 5:15PM
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on, that is whataboutery... pointing out that other games have massive problems, and that some games are even outright *** (DayZ) doesn't change the fact that there are still a plethora of bugs that have been around for years. No matter what game we are talking about, there's always a ton of games that are even far worse. So you can always come up with the excuse that you should be happy with the bugs in this game because but whatabout those other games, they are far worse and much more full of bugs... I don't accept that and I don't accept year old bugs in boss fights.

Eh, it's not an excuse. I'm not sure what you want. Some validation of your frustration? Yeah, there are some bugs here and there, but I've played through some downright frustrating non-stop bug infested games and, son, ESO just ain't that. Even when I encounter something in ESO that really jars my jibbits, it's nothing compared to my history of frustration in encountering bugs every where you turn, like Freck tripping hard on Substance D. ESO just ain't that, son.

The other thing to widen your perspective on is the massive, I mean super massive scope of what an MMO is what fixing bugs entails and draws resources away from. It's like trying to manage a manufacturing process and make everyone happy. You can't do it. All people see is their pain-point, what's immediately affecting them, and nothing else, not how processes are affected down or upstream from them.
    Character Profiles:
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    good question sherlock! why? whyyyyyyyyy??????,
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, it's not an excuse. I'm not sure what you want. Some validation of your frustration?

An explanation would be nice, why are year old and fairly common boss fight bugs not fixed yet? Is it lack of skills on the part of ESO devs? Are ZOS generating so little revenue that they have not enough resources to employ (enough) people with skills to fix them? Or do ZOS simply not agree that these mentioned bugs are actually bugs? Or perhaps they don't consider them disruptive to gameplay? Also I was curious if I were the only one being annoyed by this, which I can see from several posts that I am not. Someone here mentioned that after the game was done initially there was an exodus of people with skills from the studio which might explain the reason for a potential lack of knowledge of their own engine.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 31, 2017 5:30PM
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

"when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

my dear watson.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't say what server you're on.
    I've been playing on the EU server lately, when I usually play on NA. I've noticed a lot more bugs on EU. I never had that many bugs on NA, personally. The difference has been noticeable to me.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »

"when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

my dear watson.

like timetravel! it's possible if it's not impossible!
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    You didn't say what server you're on.
    I've been playing on the EU server lately, when I usually play on NA. I've noticed a lot more bugs on EU. I never had that many bugs on NA, personally. The difference has been noticeable to me.

I play on EU server. I would have expected somewhat the same amount of gameplay related bugs on both servers, so this is surprising to hear.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 31, 2017 5:35PM
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, it's not an excuse. I'm not sure what you want. Some validation of your frustration?

An explanation would be nice, why are year old and fairly common boss fight bugs not fixed yet? Is it lack of skills on the part of ESO devs? Are ZOS generating so little revenue that they have not enough resources to employ (enough) people with skills to fix them? Or do ZOS simply not agree that these mentioned bugs are actually bugs? Or perhaps they don't consider them disruptive to gameplay? Also I was curious if I were the only one being annoyed by this, which I can see from several posts that I am not. Someone here mentioned that after the game was done initially there was an exodus of people with skills from the studio which might explain the reason for a potential lack of knowledge of their own engine.

I tried to offer some perspective, but all you're focused on is your pain-point.

I can tell you this, if this is breaking your enjoyment, you would not have been able to play MMOs ten years ago.

Unless you and I are experiencing totally different gaming experiences right now in ESO, I consider my play pretty smooth sailing, bugwise. Sure, I might get knocked inside the geometry once a week, but again--that's nothing compared to how these massive games used to be. You wouldn't have made it.
    Character Profiles:
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Now, now, there's not that many bugs."
    guy-swllowing-bugs.png?w=636
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to offer some perspective, but all you're focused on is your pain-point.

I alwayts appreaciate perspective, but you asked what it is I wanted, and I gave you and in-depth explanation of what I want.
    I can tell you this, if this is breaking your enjoyment, you would not have been able to play MMOs ten years ago.

For every 10 dungeon I run there is at least one boss fight bugged that either result in the fight taking much longer, or even making the fight impossible in some cases (fortunately this last one is more rare, but it still stinks when it happens because you have wasted precious playtime). I believe the ratio of bugged to non-bugged boss fights is too high. And the rate that my mount slows down for apparently no reason is also way to high. But is the rate of these bugs so high that I can't otherwise enjoy the game? No. And I never claimed so.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 31, 2017 5:55PM
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the hell would you want bug fixes when you can buy next season’s crown crates?!
    D7664_EF1_5_DBE_4925_8_F1_A_8_D6856_F5_EB3_D.jpg
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »
    "Now, now, there's not that many bugs."
    guy-swllowing-bugs.png?w=636

This looks like Tywin Lannister or is it Vladimir Putin? (I have yet to complete GoT season 1 so I don't hope this is a spoiler for Tywins death, assuming he gets killed).
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I alwayts appreaciate perspective, but you asked what it is I wanted, and I gave you and in-depth explanation of what I want.

For every 10 dungeon I run there is at least one boss fight bugged that either result in the fight taking much longer, or even making the fight impossible in some cases (fortunately this last one is more rare, but it still stinks when it happens because you have wasted precious playtime). I believe the ratio of bugged to non-bugged boss fights is too high. And the rate that my mount slows down for apparently no reason is also way to high. But is the rate of these bugs so high that I can't otherwise enjoy the game? No. And I never claimed so.

So, I do 5 random dungeons a day, 7 days a week, for the past three months, since I started hitting it real hard this season. I've encountered one bugged boss in all that time. It was bizarre. I'd never seen it before.

I play on the North American megaserver. Not sure if that has anything to do with anything.

I might be as frustrated as you if I had to reset the boss every 10 dungeons, but then again, still probably not. That would be one boss every two days at my pace and with my scheduling. I have played games with way more bugs than this frequency.

Regardless, there appears to be a noticeable discrepancy in the bugs I am encountering and the bugs you are encountering.
    Edited by Storymaster on October 31, 2017 6:03PM
    Character Profiles:
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're talking about the spiders outside Davon's watch you can just light attack them & they go away, you get crawlers too. Watch out for the two bigger ones though they might be a bit harder to kill
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the game never changed or had a longer period of no change and all ZOS did was focus on the bugs... then people would complain and the bottom line would be impacted due to lack of new content.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Director of this game Matt F came from a prior game Dark Age of Camelot by Mythic now with EA Mythic.

Oddly the two games and very similar in many ways, in addition to bugs. Its a top down issue unfortunately that seems to have followed his leadership. Not idea on why but just an observation. Notice any similarities? Look at the comments in the first article

http://massivelyop.com/2017/06/12/elder-scrolls-onlines-matt-firor-on-morrowind-dark-age-of-camelot-and-the-old-days-of-mmos/

“In the old days, what we did is we brought out an expansion, and the only people that bought it were experienced players because you had to be X level in order to buy it an enjoy it,” Firor explains. “That’s the difference between Morrowind and those days. Anyone can just jump in and have fun.”
    He also touches on the differences between the era of Dark Age of Camelot and Elder Scrolls Online (hint: It’s about grind). It’s a long stream but worth it for Firor’s commentary.

https://mmos.com/review/dark-age-of-camelot

Release Date: October 10, 2001
    PvP: Realm v. Realm
    Pros: +Huge catalog of classes/races. +Loads of content to explore. +Epic RvR combat (Pioneered the genre!)
    Cons: -Tedious and clunky UI. -Steep learning curve. -Dated graphics may turn away new players. -Some balance issues.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 31, 2017 8:01PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501