Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Too many bugs. Why are there still so many bugs?

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Eh, it's not an excuse. I'm not sure what you want. Some validation of your frustration?

An explanation would be nice, why are year old and fairly common boss fight bugs not fixed yet? Is it lack of skills on the part of ESO devs? Are ZOS generating so little revenue that they have not enough resources to employ (enough) people with skills to fix them? Or do ZOS simply not agree that these mentioned bugs are actually bugs? Or perhaps they don't consider them disruptive to gameplay? Also I was curious if I were the only one being annoyed by this, which I can see from several posts that I am not. Someone here mentioned that after the game was done initially there was an exodus of people with skills from the studio which might explain the reason for a potential lack of knowledge of their own engine.

There will be no explanation from ZOS(lol) but here's one from me instead.

They do not care to fix things that are not taking money away from them. I would bet you my precious laptop that if there was a bug that, say, allowed people to get crown crates for free it'd be fixed within hours at any time of day or night, with urgent server downtime if necessary. Bugged bosses? Bugged skills? Bugged quests? Gee, who cares. They aren't stopping people from buying crown crates or other overpriced junk from crown store.

If you think you can actually send them some kind of constructive message along the lines of "guys this is wrong, we need help, let's talk about this", you're wrong - they already have all the feedback they need. They can screw fixing bugs for years and people still blow thousands of $ on crown crates. That's it. They don't need to fix bugs nor even release quality content to make money anymore and they're more than happy with that.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    If the game never changed or had a longer period of no change and all ZOS did was focus on the bugs... then people would complain and the bottom line would be impacted due to lack of new content.

Which could just as well be another way of saying that ZOS is making so little revenue that they cannot afford to both fix bugs AND develop new content.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless, there appears to be a noticeable discrepancy in the bugs I am encountering and the bugs you are encountering.

Oh I agree, that there seems to be quite a large disrepancy. Did white gold tower tonight and had three different bugs causing either wipes or significant delays:

1. A group member left. When a new player joined he could not enter the instance because "instance was full" even though it was clearly not full since the previous player had left. To fix this I had to fast travel out of the instance, then the new player could enter, and then I could enter. Add to that the time spend to traverse the usual distance through the dungeon to where the group had gotten too. I have seen this bug before. I guess if you never experience any players leaving group then you probably will never encounter this bug....

2. On the Molag Kena fight I got blasted into the flames on the edge and died, which is of course normal. However when I resurrected (and moved away from the firewall) I was still hit and killed by it again, even though I clearly was not standing in the firewall. This bug also caused the "target not in range" error when trying to loot a body even when I stood right on top of it (a bug I have seen before, not only in dungeons). The same when trying to enter a portal or a door. You might say this was caused by lag and my connection? Well, I could chat instantly with the group members, 0 delay in messaging and ingame latency says 40ms, fast travel also worked, both in and out of the dungeon, so connection was fine. Could only fix this by logging out and in again.

3. On the Molag Kena fight one of the adds became unable to be targeted or damaged which eventually caused a wipe because that phase could not be completed. Interestingly enough just found this bug described in a bug report, more than 2 years old. Guess it is still on the to do list then:

qdkir9j8s9t6.png

Edited by Jayman1000 on November 1, 2017 7:13AM
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    This looks like Tywin Lannister or is it Vladimir Putin? (I have yet to complete GoT season 1 so I don't hope this is a spoiler for Tywins death, assuming he gets killed).
    @Jayman1000

This is from Crystal Skull.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    well, this is rich... But, you know, zos always said that they are listening to bug reports. They never said that they will fix them :) This is exactly like top manager who wants to "address the issue" with regular bla bla - they never answer the questions anymore...

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire