The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Poll] Are you enjoying PvP so far in Clockwork City Update?

IxSTALKERxI
IxSTALKERxI
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Everywhere I look on forums all I see is negativity but I'm actually having some fun. Aside from the few bugs, I am enjoying the patch so far from a combat and balance perspective. I find the few tweaks have helped but there is still a long way to go. Transmutation system makes gearing up really easy now which is nice. The sound bug is really frustrating, plus there were a couple of other bugs but I'm willing to look past these issues so long as they are resolved asap.
Edited by IxSTALKERxI on October 30, 2017 2:01PM
NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel

[Poll] Are you enjoying PvP so far in Clockwork City Update? 148 votes

Yes.
41%
GlorySolarikenGilvotharkansas_ESODeadlyRecluseArobainTaonnorSarousseSodanTokanitajoneb17_ESOIxSTALKERxIRinaldoGandolphitechnohicElongrimmidimdimRickterninjaguymanglaviusVilestridefrozywozy 61 votes
No.
58%
MorbashJoy_DivisionBelegnolecalitrumanb14_ESOAzuryaIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOWillhelmBlackthemdogesbiteKnootewootAshannemanny254Dominion_MiragesmertustaEIGHTSMalthorneStillianAnazasibooksmcreadRohausDocmandu 87 votes
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    sound/lag issues aside, it has been fun so far.

The new Unstable Core ability has not been figured out by the general enemy so I have been getting funny clips of people hitting themselves to death. Mostly Stamblades going full yolo lol. They will figure out what to do (the good players already know the counters.)

Rin and I had a few good fights so far. And trying out a few different sets.

I haven't done BGS yet, but will be doing those now that the unblockable spell bugs have been worked on.

The new zone is beautiful, so those that want a break from PVP check it out! the robots sound soothing and the gold trees are shiny.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I'm enjoying PvP a lot mechanically at the moment, not loving the continuing decline of population outside of Vivec. Hoping that picks up again once DLC+event hype wears down a little.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Are we so beaten down and just accustomed to terrible performance that we are willing to overlook the fact that sound does not work and continues not to work and tell ZoS that PvP is fun besides that?
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Having good fights does not mean the PvP is good. There have been many good fights over the last couple of patches.

ZOS is very behind on their promise to fix bad Cyrodiil performance. As long as sound continues to cut or servers routinely crash or bad lag remains persistent during prime time, I will never accept PvP in ESO as good.

When my servers at work start hiccuping and impacting the experience of my end users, my job is to fix it or be replaced by someone who can. It's not acceptable that ZOS is practically sleeping on the job for this many years. The "we're trying our very best" excuse isn't acceptable, just fix your game.

They still didn't fix the bugged animation problem where you sometimes get stuck in a basic attack animation, and your skills fire off on a delay. This was introduced in Dark Brotherhood, literally over a year ago. Every time they release patch notes the bugs section is practically always empty.

Such a joke.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD players voting they are enjoying PVP - zerging must be at an all-time high in gameplay enjoyment.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    as long as you die mostly due to performance reasons on the ZOSside everything is not discutable,
    but at least the new cries for nerfs are already handed in
    nerf NB cloak, for whatever
    nerf Valkyn, for whatever
    and so we go for the next downgrade of the game
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Playing pvp in the evening is not possible to enjoy. Played 15min without sound, extrem lag and other nice bugs and then rage quit
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Lag is much worse than prior to this patch and when using shade it locks out all your skills. How did performance get worse when Vivec is rarely pop locked anymore?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Are we so beaten down and just accustomed to terrible performance that we are willing to overlook the fact that sound does not work and continues not to work and tell ZoS that PvP is fun besides that?

Yes, yes we are. My expectations are so low, at this point the only bar it needs to clear is "is it more fun than doing the dishes, cleaning the litter box, or listening to my wife talk about work?".
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had fun with PVP because my guildmates are really awesome, but I have mixed feelings about the state of the game itself.

It's too procy. I don't just mean single target burst sets. I mean every proc set as a whole including VD and Earthgore. I use them, but I preferred ESO PVP before the incredible influx of new and updated sets starting with 2.3.

I feel like ZOS really dropped the ball with the sound bug as CWC probably brought back a lot of players who were immediately turned off by PVP because of it. It speaks to the importance of PVP in the eyes of ZOS.

We're numb to ZOS in this community, but I think the sound bug is game-breaking to most gamers. It sucks that @ZOS_BrianWheeler or @ZOS_GinaBruno haven't acknowledged it. I feel like its time to resolution is also RNG based between 2 weeks and 2 years. This can be said about so many major issues.

Edited by zyk on October 30, 2017 3:23PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Should be noted that the performance fixes this patch have not been explained by a PVP dev nor has the performance fixes for cyro been explained in detail.

As far as I know, the change to scene graphs effects which elements are rendered first on your client so that impacts loadscreens/FPS. The second change to animation priorities was stated as a way to pre-save animations to reduce performance problems. I assume the animation changes might impact lag but the way it was explained was by PVE devs on a stream so I have to assume it effects load screens/FPS and not the persistent lag PVPers face.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well yes, but less fun than before the update...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Its been fun so far.

FPS is def better then it was, but the sound bug is annoying. The new zone looks pretty good from what i saw, folks should be happy about that.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    We haven't received the update yet on ps4 but by looking at the changes no I won't be enjoying this update pvp wise I used clever alchemist for my stam blade and had it already golded out I've wore this set for almost 2 year's now I'm forced to have to find another set that's as good and have to buy wax to gold something else out clever alchemist was alright the way it was and didn't need changed
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I'm having loads of fun, but there are some severe performance issues that need to be addressed pronto. We need our sound to function and not cut out for half an hour at a time. And we need our skills to be more responsive, not have two seconds between button press and in-game effect. Now those two problems generally only occur in large extended battles... but that's where most of us are having our fun!! Definitely needs another round of prioritization before things get really bad again.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    OdinForge wrote: »
    When my servers at work start hiccuping and impacting the experience of my end users, my job is to fix it or be replaced by someone who can. It's not acceptable that ZOS is practically sleeping on the job for this many years. The "we're trying our very best" excuse isn't acceptable, just fix your game.

I work in an Enterprise Datacenter environment. This statement by OdinForge is true. As much as I fanboi for ZOS, I would love to see this kind of flexibility in my workplace. Except, I'm not going to see that kind of flexibility because this professional corporate entity would not tolerate it, nor would their customers.

I would love to see some stats from ZOS.

Number of Player Kills
    Number of Hours Spent in Cyrodiil
    Number of Players on Monthly Average
    Number of Keeps Claimed in the Name of Guilds

Shadow of Mordor released a trailer with said type statistics. I know ZOS has the data. Throw your weight around and tell us what's good!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I will always make my fun, lag, load screens and sound going out are worse now not better.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

Rickter wrote: »
    OdinForge wrote: »

I work in an Enterprise Datacenter environment. This statement by OdinForge is true. As much as I fanboi for ZOS, I would love to see this kind of flexibility in my workplace. Except, I'm not going to see that kind of flexibility because this professional corporate entity would not tolerate it, nor would their customers.

I would love to see some stats from ZOS.

Number of Player Kills
    Number of Hours Spent in Cyrodiil
    Number of Players on Monthly Average
    Number of Keeps Claimed in the Name of Guilds

Shadow of Mordor released a trailer with said type statistics. I know ZOS has the data. Throw your weight around and tell us what's good!

difference being, your industry signs contracts that would mean litigation against your company if they failed to provide the service agreed on by both parties. Though you guys don't have complex "requests for proposals/fee structures" like the rest of us lol.

ESO exists in a weird place of "interact-able artwork that's a service yet a product" with a TOS that basically gives away your rights to claim for a refund because you "signed" it (i think it still does this? or maybe that was for crowns only I cant remember).

In general, I wish gaming consumers, regardless of the games they play, had more power with regards to getting back money on products they do not like (like if I bought a coffee maker at target and returned it because I did not like the way it worked.) But that "service/artwork" aspect of ESO mucks this water and the DRM pollutes it further.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Pvp before the patch made me feel like I was trying to guide an intoxicated Helen Keller through Cyrodiil. After this patch, Helen Keller is no longer intoxicated. It's improvement, but not the kind I was hoping for after such a long time.

Lag is, and always will be, the primary crux of performance in this game. Either zos is unable to pinpoint the problems or is simply unwilling to expend the resources. FPS is moderately better, even though there are random drops when too many effects are on screen, but we shouldn't have to trade our sound for a couple more frames during fights involving more than 10 people.
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Never seen that many NB’s in one place... Overall it is good
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    I hate sorcs abusing the crap out of their new CC... Otherwise It's been pretty good so far
    Edited by NyassaV on October 30, 2017 8:18PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    It's better, but it's not fixed. Promises to actually address some of these issues are now older than same of the bugs which need to be fixed. DO SOMETHING.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    AD players voting they are enjoying PVP - zerging must be at an all-time high in gameplay enjoyment.

Coming to a server near you. Watch live! :)
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    There are some good changes, like having to wear 5 armor pieces of the same to get the armor uber skill. Yes, PvP might improve some day, but for every fix/balancething more bugs and imbalance is introduced.

I loved to play on non-CP but Sotha sil is dead for DC (on PC-EU)

I joined Vivec and had a bit of fun, but loading screens and even more annoying now is disappearing music/sounds it does not make it a good experience. I tried this week 2 times and left because of the sound issues. It's in pretty bad shape tbh.

Some might see improvement, but it got worse over the past 4 years. Sometimes a good patch/fix mostly followed by desctruction.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Sound issues, more tanks, lack of players outside of 40-50 man zergs.

Not been good so far, last patch was better!
    PC EU
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Being limited to only 1 campaign now due to lack of PvPers elsewhere, the horrible performance during prime time making it nearly impossible to land single target abilities (even jabs is a total stutter fest), and now the lack of sound while playing has really bitten into my personal enjoyment of Cyrodiil PvP.

It's been said countless times... but I am willing to state it again... ZOS NEEDS to implement incentive for people to spread out amongst the campaigns.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmutation system makes gearing up really easy now which is nice.

@IxSTALKERxI Have you seen a transmute stone container thingy from any reward mails other than the first of the day? Have you ever gotten more than 5 at once? We've seen about 1 in 10 reward mails after the first (sample size of 140 reward mails), and out of them all, one person ggot 25, three people got 10, and the rest were 4 or 5.

It's awesome that this is now a possibility, but it's still a LONG grind before most of the excess gear we have stored will be usable.
    Edited by Crown on October 31, 2017 4:44PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Crown wrote: »
    Transmutation system makes gearing up really easy now which is nice.

@IxSTALKERxI Have you seen a transmute stone container thingy from any reward mails other than the first of the day? Have you ever gotten more than 5 at once? We've seen about 1 in 10 reward mails after the first (sample size of 140 reward mails), and out of them all, one person ggot 25, three people got 10, and the rest were 4 or 5.

It's awesome that this is now a possibility, but it's still a LONG grind before most of the excess gear we have stored will be usable.

Don't think of it as a gear replacement, think of it helping to lower the grind.

And each toon you have with rank 3 rewards will be getting the 50 some geode (unless I read that wrong). So if you get those requirements set for 3 toons, you'll have 3 item resets each month. And if you use them on old monster helms/Vma/main weapon that sell for 200k gear, you'll see less time grinding and more time playing.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Lagg and server performance is at an all time low imo
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.
    @Crown I currently have 193/200 transmute crystals. That's after retraiting 3 items already, so in total I've earnt 343 crystals since patch. My CWC build is already full impen so I'm not even sure what to spend the crystals on and I am almost at cap.
    Have you seen a transmute stone container thingy from any reward mails other than the first of the day?
    Nope, because I haven't opened any more than 1 per day per toon. :p
    Have you ever gotten more than 5 at once?
    My highest So far is 20.