The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Poll] Are you enjoying PvP so far in Clockwork City Update?

• Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Taking enthusiastic and terrified noobs into IC: still fun.
    Shadow hide you.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console so yet to receive CWC
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Reverb wrote: »
    My expectations are so low, at this point the only bar it needs to clear is "is it more fun than doing the dishes, cleaning the litter box, or listening to my wife talk about work?".

Someone give this man a medal.

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Rickter wrote: »
    Except, I'm not going to see that kind of flexibility because this professional corporate entity would not tolerate it, nor would their customers.

I'm a software development PM, and I tell my guys things like "I know it's really hard, I know it's not our fault, but those people see our name on it and that's all they care about, they don't give a good God-damn about how hard it is to fix or whose end the problem is on because they literally pay us specifically to figure out these problems."

It'd be nice to see a little more of that attitude from ZoS in my opinion.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Except, I'm not going to see that kind of flexibility because this professional corporate entity would not tolerate it, nor would their customers.

I'm a software development PM, and I tell my guys things like "I know it's really hard, I know it's not our fault, but those people see our name on it and that's all they care about, they don't give a good God-damn about how hard it is to fix or whose end the problem is on because they literally pay us specifically to figure out these problems."

It'd be nice to see a little more of that attitude from ZoS in my opinion.

amen. yeah you know, #therealworld , right?

its called SLA - Service Level Agreement - give it to me ZOS!!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    For the most part of the evening, yes.. until the inevitable happens (which might be pretty early in the evening):

- lag lag lag
    - skills not firing anymore
    - CC break getting super delayed
    - sound totally disappearing

and ending in the inevitable infinite loading screen... (which BTW they haven't even bothered updating.. while they updated all the other loading screens in the last patch.. how's that for customer care!)

game (at least Cyrodiil) gets worse and worse each patch.. but what do you expect.. they've been neglecting Cyrodiil for so long now... only thing we ever see is promises and community manager PR telling us they pass info on to the teams.. which basically means nothing happens.

Edited by Docmandu on November 1, 2017 8:19PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really disappointed by the recent change to Clever Alchemist. Still works for ganking/bombing with Magicka NB, but not stam builds.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes.
    OdinForge wrote: »
    When my servers at work start hiccuping and impacting the experience of my end users, my job is to fix it or be replaced by someone who can. It's not acceptable that ZOS is practically sleeping on the job for this many years. The "we're trying our very best" excuse isn't acceptable, just fix your game.

I work in an Enterprise Datacenter environment. This statement by OdinForge is true. As much as I fanboi for ZOS, I would love to see this kind of flexibility in my workplace. Except, I'm not going to see that kind of flexibility because this professional corporate entity would not tolerate it, nor would their customers.

I would love to see some stats from ZOS.

Number of Player Kills
    Number of Hours Spent in Cyrodiil
    Number of Players on Monthly Average
    Number of Keeps Claimed in the Name of Guilds

Shadow of Mordor released a trailer with said type statistics. I know ZOS has the data. Throw your weight around and tell us what's good!

Number of siege engines bought, number of keeps / outposts / ressources captured. Number of scroll runs.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Can't login. The CWC patch broke my eso install. Now I have to redownload the entire game at a whopping 150-170 KB/s.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    My builds have changed around a couple times and I am having fun with them; although I do get my [snip] kicked from time to time trying to figure it out. That’s just fun for me.

That said; Vivec feels awful with sound issues. Didn’t notice on Shor but Shor could use more players. And the shade bug makes a useful ability that is already difficult to keep track of just a waste.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 5, 2017 4:51PM
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    When the pvp community accepts as the norm gap closing into load screens then the bar is pretty low. Thats just one issue.

I do expect better, im spoiled, I remember when ESO had no lag in cyrodiil. We had hundreds of people on the screen at the same time.

The server performance issues are now going on past 2 years. Im unclear what everyone is expecting, its not going to be fixed unless you go into no CP.

Champion system is perhaps the worst addition to an MMO ive ever seen. Its nearly wrecked all of ESO from making things a face roll to to much stress on an already stressed server. The later is the rub, they put it in when we already had bad lag.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does it really make a difference - adapt or don't...

when I was kid I was great at those 'what's wrong with this picture' puzzles...just always been easy to find stuff out of place, not performing optimally...an early profession led to me towards looking even more critically at everything ...

personally - I applaud those of you whom have educated yourself well enough to understand the game mechanics...

I'm grateful for you pushing on zos consistently to improve their product...not my style to complain much (too lazy :#); but, I really appreciate those whom do...

when you log on and into pvp - hopefully you can successfully compartmentalize the myriad of flaws, so readily apparent, to actually take joy in the experience...

some of you all sound truly tortured and miserable...maybe it's just your communication style...i'm sure there's gotta be fun on some level...although for some folks fun is exemplified in grim determination...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 4, 2017 11:33PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    When my servers at work start hiccuping and impacting the experience of my end users, my job is to fix it or be replaced by someone who can. It's not acceptable that ZOS is practically sleeping on the job for this many years. The "we're trying our very best" excuse isn't acceptable, just fix your game.

I work in an Enterprise Datacenter environment. This statement by OdinForge is true. As much as I fanboi for ZOS, I would love to see this kind of flexibility in my workplace. Except, I'm not going to see that kind of flexibility because this professional corporate entity would not tolerate it, nor would their customers.

Number of Player Kills

Shadow of Mordor released a trailer with said type statistics. I know ZOS has the data. Throw your weight around and tell us what's good!

I don't think it's in ZOS's interest to release this kind of statistic.
    It would give insight into the number of active accounts v 10 million registered accounts.

IMO at least 50% of the accounts are either dead or an additional account for a person.
    I also wonder If ZOS counted all the PC accounts that transferred to console twice.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I think it's very fun when you met a person that you can't damage him, but he has super power. He isn't a templar, but he can heal himself to full health instantly. He isn't a sorcerer, but he can teleport to anywhere (I'm a sorcerer, Bolt Escape can't do that). There are more examples I don't list here.

Not to mention that someone can use 3~5 skills in one shot, can hit you 17 more times in 3 seconds and the most bored EP cancer group (spam 1 skill all the time).

It's really balance and joy of PvP. B)

=====

There are so many problems and cheaters we all know, but only ZOS doesn't.
    3 years passed, it's still like the first day of the game (maybe more and more worst). :DB):(

You may say why I still play PvP in this game. I had left for 2 months. Just come back and maybe I will take a rest again.

Edited by EIGHTS on November 6, 2017 9:58AM
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Its probably the first time since playing that my playtime has started to dip, a lot - less likely to log in, and more likely to log out sooner each day.

There are two reasons. One is performance at primetime. queues, sound issues, lag, disconnects, queues when econnecting etc.. this feels worse since CWC.

The other is the meta - which was brewing for a while beforehand - the tanks. Everyone is tanky. No semi-competent player dies vs a single attacker - every death is due to 3 or more opponents focussing 1 - or a zerg.
    When Zerg vs Zerg is so laggy, you go outside of the zerg to find any kind of decent fight - and all you get there are the 3-4 man TS groups - all tanks/tanky healers who'll chase you to the ends of the earth while you're alone and burst with co-ordinated ulti's - or run a mile when they're outnumbered..

Basically, I just can't find any decent fights anymore.

Perhaps the CWC changes will impact the tankiness - but it takes time for the new meta's to shift to the masses. Will wait and see. I doubt it because personally, I think mist-form is one of the main issues.

Edited by Biro123 on November 6, 2017 10:55AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Perhaps the CWC changes will impact the tankiness - but it takes time for the new meta's to shift to the masses. Will wait and see. I doubt it because personally, I think mist-form is one of the main issues.

If anything, players will become even more tanky in general, especially in CP PvP.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Except the infinite loading screens
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Pvp was fun a year and a half ago. It’s progressively gotten worse.
    Cp. gear. New skills/changes.
    Less population spread

They sure do one thing right. Massive epic pvp battles where it’s faction v faction on bridge/gate for hours without sound and less than ideal performance.

Gvg?
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Number of Player Kills

difference being, your industry signs contracts that would mean litigation against your company if they failed to provide the service agreed on by both parties. Though you guys don't have complex "requests for proposals/fee structures" like the rest of us lol.

ESO exists in a weird place of "interact-able artwork that's a service yet a product" with a TOS that basically gives away your rights to claim for a refund because you "signed" it (i think it still does this? or maybe that was for crowns only I cant remember).

In general, I wish gaming consumers, regardless of the games they play, had more power with regards to getting back money on products they do not like (like if I bought a coffee maker at target and returned it because I did not like the way it worked.) But that "service/artwork" aspect of ESO mucks this water and the DRM pollutes it further.

I think you overestimate the threat of litigation has as a motivator to evoke change within a company. For most industries, it's enough of a motivator to know that if the service is not adequate, clients will go to a competitor. MMOs are different because players exhibit behaviorism more akin to addicts than traditional clients/patrons. Game developers know this. They know that players won't just jump ship because of poor game performance like they might if they had consistently bad cell service.

Even if you could, theoretically, sue a gaming company for poor service, establishing damages (a legal term for what could be legally awarded to make the plaintiff whole again, usually money) would be next to impossible. How do you valuate time spent in a video game? I suppose you could seek to recoup the cost of admission (e.g., sales box cost), but that wouldn't do much to deter the behavior of allowing performance to degrade since most of a game's revenue comes from microtransactions and not the initial box purchase.

At the end of the day you can't really compare MMOs to traditional service-oriented industries like cable providers or cell providers. People don't get addicted to Comcast or Verizon. A more apt comparison, I think, would be to tobacco companies but I'll leave that one for another day.
    Edited by Kilandros on November 9, 2017 5:25PM
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Whatever change they made that made it so you have to wait like a second between every skill cast has pretty much ruined it for me. I have to spam each button to make sure it goes off and then it won’t even go off when I want it to. Peace.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    AD players voting they are enjoying PVP - zerging must be at an all-time high in gameplay enjoyment.

Not on our Server were not :-D here its more Ep making life interesting. I don't even defend anymore, pointless when constantly outnumbered 5:1 minimum(because half of the Alliance stacks on 1 keep always. I usually try and get as many kills as possible then sneak out the back door. Then take it back when they are gone.. Its more ap anyway :-)
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on November 10, 2017 5:13AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Yes because why not enjoy it I guess. I’m guessing lag will never go away so make of that what you will. I don’t have sound issues on Mac, I do have the disco lights though. I will say pvp does feel pretty balanced between classes though. I’m seeing most classes being played regularly, with fewer Stam Sorcs and slightly more Stam Wardens in general.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    The new crafted sets, Mechanical Acuity and Fortified Brass, are just what I needed. All my characters are using them.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    The lag and loading screens are in the NEW LEVEL! Absolutely horrific.

ZoS keeps on NERFING mag classes well breaking freaking news it ain't those that are broken!

It all of these unlimited sustain Stamina builds but NO .. you don't give a damn!

Enjoying PvP? Well.. to put kindly F NO because ZoS keeps on screwing and dropping ball.

GG in terms on how screw up yet AGAIN!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    BUGS and LAGGS, as per usual.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No I am not. The simple reason for this is: I play DC on Sotha Sil EU and the population imbalance is extreme here. EP being locked and AD/DC having 2-3 bars during prime time.

I don't blame anyone else but ZOS for this as the game and its PvP are great in general but after all the years they are still not able to manage something like dynamic pop caps that allow a "growth" of all 3 pops in certain borders for a campaign.
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Large scale pvp with no sound is pretty bad. But i still have fun when i play in 8 player plus groups. I Havent played small scale this patch at all. Might play some bg's when My stam warden is ready.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Many problems have been fixed but still the n°1 remains : perma blockers (but I know it's being worked on).
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    The PVE side is pretty, the story good, and the new transmutation system is awesome.

In Cyro however:
    Performance still dreadful, and in some cases worse.
    Same old bugs still not addressed.
    Fossilize nerf finally killed mDK for me.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    It's been 4 days since the patch and we are still unable to pvp on console so I guess my answer would be NO!!