The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Spoilers CWC] Please change the quest reward (you know the one)

strebor2095
strebor2095
✭✭✭
Just completed the CWC main questline. Typical length of these mini DLCs, pretty cool aesthetic.

However, upon completing the second last quest you are offered a choice - save the Proctor, or get some Power. Choosing power results in a 150% exp boost named Sotha Sol's Codex of Infinite Possibility. Why on earth is this bound to the character?? Its a massive troll moment from ZOS, there is no indication that CWC is for people who don't have a bunch of CP or levels. This would be fine and even more thematic if you could give it to any of your characters - infinite possibilities, after all. As it is, it's a useless item that I'm gonna have to just destroy. Can't vendor it, don't need to grind CP.

I would love an official response as to why this item is bound to character backpack? I believe this was also raised during the PTS but nothing was done.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Remove.
    Edited by Dragonnord on October 26, 2017 5:02PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t destroy it, use it. Even if you don’t need the CP it’s still useful to get them in advance.

That said I do agree, I was hoping for a skill point like the mages guild questline.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler alert!

I saved the proctor and got a scroll of 150% XP. Is the power version permanent?
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you get the same reward no matter what your choice is? Wow. I always knew quest choices don't mean a lot here but this...
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    @rotaugen454 , I believe the one from Sotha Sil lasts 2 hours.

@Chilly-McFreeze , see above
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this should be an exploit prevention from generating new chars and focusing on the questline to gain xp scrolls, but how long is the questline in hours?

Would it be worth rushing with a lowlevel?
    Edited by sdtlc on October 27, 2017 11:58AM
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spoiler alert!

I saved the proctor and got a scroll of 150% XP. Is the power version permanent?

when you save the proctor it's 100% ...
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sdtlc wrote: »
    I think this should be an exploit prevention from generating new chars and focusing on the questline to gain xp scrolls, but how long is the questline in hours?

Would it be worth rushing with a lowlevel?

Then it would be enough to make it not sellable but still usable by every char on your account. You can only delete a fixed amount of chars per day (?), so you can't hoard these xp scrolls that fast. And even if, you have to subscribe or buy the DLC anyway. It's not like Zeni seems to care how fast you can level from 1-50.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Spoiler alert!

when you save the proctor it's 100% ...

I just looked and yeah, Luciana;s Codex of Mastery gives 100% for two hours. 50% more, or feel better about my choice? I probably save her on other characters as well.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I chose power, as the Proctor was a real prick. Turns out that moment of decision was worth....nothing. Should be a pet, a costume, SOMETHING....but NOT an XP scroll. I guess in this case the journey was the reward. A short, meh questline, but admittedly in a pleasing atmosphere. There were a lot of neat little things that brought out the unique feel of this zone.