The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clockwork city plans

esthervanbezooijen
esthervanbezooijen
Soul Shriven
They made a patch to make the drop rate from factotums be more like intended. Before the change i got like dozens of white, few green, rare blue and very rare 1 purple. Now after the patch they made, i got absolutely nothing after 30min of farming. Not even a white/green.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, I played for hours today, not one furniture recipe or furnishing from factotums, it's Morrowind all over again, I thought we played games to have fun
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • esthervanbezooijen
    esthervanbezooijen
    Soul Shriven
    update, after few hours of farming still nothing. I think they over did the lowering drop rates. The way it was before they changed it, it would still take months to get them all.

And about morrowind. I never really understood why the makers made furnishing plans this rare. I understand that they want stuff to be some bit rare. It also destroyed the market. 1million gold for 1 plan, serious??
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the idea is if the plans are rare not everyone has them and those crafters that do can make money selling the items.

It's about giving the game long term goals and making crafting skills and finds of rare blueprints meaningful.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I think the idea is if the plans are rare not everyone has them and those crafters that do can make money selling the items.

It's about giving the game long term goals and making crafting skills and finds of rare blueprints meaningful.

While I don't disagree with that, @Turelus, I think another part of this is that it's ZOS's way of saying, "Hey, you want this super cool [insert style] [insert item] only available with the new [insert expansion chapter/DLC]? It can be yours! You can obtain the blueprint and craft it yourself! Chances at finding it improve if you play all the time, happen to be in-game rich and can afford buy to buy the plan from another player, and/or you are favored by RNG. Orrrrr you know, you COULD just skip the crafting aspect of it and check out the amazing furnishing items available in our fantabulous Crown Store Furniture Showroom!"

But I could be mistaken.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I don't disagree with that, Turelus, I think another part of this is that it's ZOS's way of saying, "Hey, you want this super cool [insert style] [insert item] only available with the new [insert expansion chapter/DLC]? It can be yours! You can obtain the blueprint and craft it yourself! Chances at finding it improve if you play all the time, happen to be in-game rich and can afford buy to buy the plan from another player, and/or you are favored by RNG. Orrrrr you know, you COULD just skip the crafting aspect of it and check out the amazing furnishing items available in our fantabulous Crown Store Furniture Showroom!"

But I could be mistaken.
    However very few people buy the items from the crown store for the same reasons we don't buy them crafted from vendors, we want to make our own items.

I am exactly this myself. I want all the designs to make things myself, and won't buy anything for crowns or from other players already made, because I want to make it for some illogical reason.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ agrees with @Turelus here. I didn't spend nearly a year finding blueprints, etc only to go buy furniture from the crown store or other players. I have bought a few hard to find plans for my crafter through the guild store, then I go make the furniture myself.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    I really thought the recipe droprates from the factotums were intended, and then... they "fix" it. We don't even have an appropriate farming spot like the Ancestors tombs in CWC. So, again.. endless farming without really finding recipes to complete your recipe book. Thats so.. depressing.
    Seriously, thats not the way it should be. There should be a rewarding effect for farming recipes for hours and hours. One should be able to find more than a single green recipe after an average whole day of farming.
    But it seems thats the way it goes now. We had this problem with Vvardenfell recipes, Dwemer recipes, Ayleid Recipes, Coldharbour recipes.... and nor the Clockwork ones. Thats just.. *sigh*
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almariel wrote: »
    I really thought the recipe droprates from the factotums were intended, and then... they "fix" it. We don't even have an appropriate farming spot like the Ancestors tombs in CWC. So, again.. endless farming without really finding recipes to complete your recipe book. Thats so.. depressing.
    Seriously, thats not the way it should be. There should be a rewarding effect for farming recipes for hours and hours. One should be able to find more than a single green recipe after an average whole day of farming.
    But it seems thats the way it goes now. We had this problem with Vvardenfell recipes, Dwemer recipes, Ayleid Recipes, Coldharbour recipes.... and nor the Clockwork ones. Thats just.. *sigh*
    But you can trade/buy them, so when players find ones they don't need or want there is actually value in that found item.

I would rather that then what we have with the Daedric ones, "oh lol another purple worth 200g, okay..."
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Silly people, ZOS doesn't want you to have fun farming and making a little gold from the furniture plans, they want you to buy everything from the crown store. Haven't you figured that out yet? :)
    Edited by Ashtaris on October 26, 2017 2:43PM
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    normal purples, those you can also get from voucher boxes, are worth about 20k each. The newer plans are sold for about 1mio each, if ever you find an offer. And that's way too unbalanced in my opinion. A system which leads to recipes which are worth 100k, fine, that's much gold. But 1mio for a single furnishing plan?...
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's great, in theory, but basically it just favors the few lucky ones who manage to find purple MW furnishing plans, especially Telvanni. Or have enough gold to buy from others.

I've pretty much resorted to buying from other players, since I can't make these things myself, no matter how much I've farmed the tombs in MW. I have managed a few non-Telvanni purples, but it's things like the tray and meal, plate that no one really wants to purchase. If I had been lucky to score a Telvanni plan, I'd have made bank initially.

A long term goal is one thing, but an impossible one is another. I have a copy of the list of MW furnishing plans, and the majority are purple and all Telvanni are purple. I have like maybe 1/8th of all the plans, with the only methods of getting new ones being farming until I go mad, gray, or die or to farm lots of gold in the hopes that these plans will all be for sale at some point by another player and I can afford the price, which means farming gold until I go mad, gray, or die.

It's just frustrating that all of my efforts still just come down to luck. I do think that purple plans were too easy to get when Homestead launched, due to the 10 WV price of the Rolis RNG boxes, and I think upping it to 25 has helped to stabilize the price on these. But, the extreme rarity of finding furnishing plans in the wild, coupled with the fact that the MW loot table is clogged with the Homestead recipes just means that learning all the MW recipes is all but an impossible task.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I found that the factotums were dropping plans, I spent a few hours grinding them over and over (before the "fix"). It was almost all common green and white plans from the base game. I received just one CwC plan, and it was a green plan for a tree. Yay?

Frankly, I don't really care that they nerfed the Factotum drop because the stuff they dropped were almost all common base game plans anyway. The new things that collectors wanted had a drop rate of almost zero, and when you nerf almost-zero, it's still almost-zero.

The furnishing plan drop rates for the new zones are ridiculous. But I guess that's to be expected when the game designers prioritize monetization over fun.
    Edited by code65536 on October 27, 2017 1:51AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chances at finding it improve if you play all the time, happen to be in-game rich and can afford buy to buy the plan from another player, and/or you are favored by RNG

Crafting is intended to stimulate the economy....it’s why furnishings aren’t bound even after use. Why are people obsessed with collecting the recipes? You’re going to farm 100 hrs so you can, what? Make two of the items in your life?

Almost every craftable furnishing can be bought in guild stores in ample supply. I’m playing less than I used to, so I wanted guild store items that move slower. I stocked my three stores with furnishings. The going price for pre-made furnishings right now is 8-15k for purple items...I’ve set prices so that I make about $2k per item after the cost of the mats. I farmed one super desirable recipe...a Hlaalu shelf with books included. It’s a recipe people would complain about wanting, but I sell these for $11k and move about 20/week.

It’s weird...in the old days people used the guild stores and economy a lot more readily. Now people have a lot of gold and mats and all they do is gripe about the need to barter and exchange things.