Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Finally, a food that's better than Witchmother's Potent Brew!

• Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the stamina version?
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do we get this recipe? Questing in CWC or something else?
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lardvader wrote: »

Yeah. At the end of a series of quests for a cook.

And I have to agree that the perfect roe requirement makes it kind of lame. I think I'll stick to my standard blue food and heavy attack.., especially since Magicka regen is hardly ever an issue.

Even if it was stamina which needs regen help more than magicka typically I still wouldn't blow perfect roe on this.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    lardvader wrote: »

Yeah. At the end of a series of quests for a cook.

And I have to agree that the perfect roe requirement makes it kind of lame. I think I'll stick to my standard blue food and heavy attack.., especially since Magicka regen is hardly ever an issue.

Even if it was stamina which needs regen help more than magicka typically I still wouldn't blow perfect roe on this.

Thx @Iselin :smile:

Yeah probably won't be making a stack of this any time soon... :wink:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    So it's like withmother's... with health recovery? ZOS... buddy. Health regen is borderline useless. I'm not burning a perfect roe to add 300 health recovery over withmother's especially considering vampire is a thing.
    Why is health recovery 'borderline useless'?

For us non vampire, non grouping, solo PVE types, who don't do 25k+ DPS, it is a good thing. I get frustrated with people making general statements, simply because they see no benefit in something for themselves and their characters.
    Because in majority scenarios, if you have to count on holding out 2 more seconds for that extra 350 HP to save you, you're likely already dead...

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • skoomatrait
    skoomatrait
    ✭✭✭
    where does it dropes?
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    319 health regen, with my NB in 5 hvy is 221 healed per second. Thats equal to buffing my vigor by roughly 500 weapon damage in pvp. Would hardly call it pointless.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an equivalent recipe for stamina users?
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    Is there an equivalent recipe for stamina users?

Well, dubious camoran throne was added quite a few months after witchmother's potent brew. Sooo... maybe during a summer event next year?

Seriously, though, I have no idea. Was farming transmute crystals yesterday XD.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anyone know what other food is in this update? cant find a list.. or is that it
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    So it's like withmother's... with health recovery? ZOS... buddy. Health regen is borderline useless. I'm not burning a perfect roe to add 300 health recovery over withmother's especially considering vampire is a thing.
    Why is health recovery 'borderline useless'?

For us non vampire, non grouping, solo PVE types, who don't do 25k+ DPS, it is a good thing. I get frustrated with people making general statements, simply because they see no benefit in something for themselves and their characters.

300 health recovery is not going to help you in any way shape or form, specially because it will be uber expensive to use it in PvE... get real, please
    You make wild statements without any basis in facts - I currently have 7 stacks of uncut fish (all caught myself) and 40 perfect roe (all from fish cought and cut myself). It would not cost me a dime if I chose to use this recipe.

All these assumptions - 300 health regen is useless to ME, so it must be useless to everyone, I would have to buy the roe, so everyone else must have to as well, etc. Please keep generalizations and assumptions to yourselves.

Maybe I'll add mine - I believe the people who bought a million gold worth of Potent Brew recipes off me were wasting their money. I didn't think much of the recipe but people were willing to pay 50k+ for it, so my opinion differed from theirs and I accept that. WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OPINIONS.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Most recipes are never going to be used, why should this be any different?

I would certainly use this recipe if it suited my characters needs, as being well over CP cap I have no use for Ambrosia. I'd suggest there are a lot of players who might use it.

"A lot of players" - no. It's a very, very, very small percentage of players that would be willing to use this. Don't kid yourself.

As for it not being used, it's a brand new recipe. If they are putting out new content, it should be usable. Instead this recipe is now in the same trash bin as Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch.
    So it is nearly as useless as all of those burnt trees and branches the Halloween festival is giving us, along with 99.99% of all recipes in the game.

You have your opinion, I'll stick with kidding myself.

Talking about recipes, not the useless burnt *** you get in the event. :) It's a fact that the overwhelming majority of players will not use this.

This is a gold level recipe, it should have been made usable by the majority of players.

They need to stop putting perfect roe in as an ingredient in these recipes so that people will actually use them.

thank you for representing me and all the other players in the game with your 'overwhelming majority' statements. Please actually ask people next time before doing so, since many of us do not agree with your opinion. Yes, an opinion, with no basis in facts. Just because you would not use something, and you know one person who wouldnt, this is not an overwhelming majority.

By definition, if you disagree, that makes you the minority. So I didn't misrepresent you. It's not an opinion to state that the majority of people won't use this recipe. It's a fact.

How do I know this? Because the majority of people don't use Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch. That, my friend, is what we call compelling evidence. It's happened before and it's going to happen again.

Compelling evidence would be something you could actually show us. Something like a chart that tracks recipe use over a period of months representing a diverse and large section of players. What you have is opinion. Doesn't mean you are wrong you simply lack any data required to prove what you say to be true.

That aside there happens to be right around 500 recipes in the game and only one of them can lay claim to being the recipe used the majority of the time. If the recipe fills a niche use better than any other recipe in the game then it is worth having in the game. Fun thing is we then get to decide use it or not.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given the rarity of Perfect Roes (It took me thousands of Fish to finally get my first Roe) I can't see why such food is being made. Who is going to use this? The only people who are going to be able to use this are the people who spend most of their time wheeling and dealing. If they lowered the drop rate on perfect roe this would be an interesting recipe though.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why people are up in arms over the Roe.

It costs 10k. You will craft four items with this, so you have 8 HOURS of buff uptime for 10k. That means it costs 1250g per hour to maintain. I generate 50k gold per hour farming mats. This 1250g/hour upkeep cost is pennies.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally OP food that favour non-vampires.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what the OP is saying is that I should sell more Perfect Roes to non-fishers? B)
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Compelling evidence would be something you could actually show us.

Here's something I can show you.

1308916332_dog_vs_girl_car_race.gif

Now stop derailing my thread.This is a thread about the new recipe. Not your semantics.
    PC-NA Goat
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is better than that gold food is the purple raw stat drink, no regen just like a purple tri-food, but a little lower.

Add bone pirate to it an emmmm nice
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why people are up in arms over the Roe.

It costs 10k. You will craft four items with this, so you have 8 HOURS of buff uptime for 10k. That means it costs 1250g per hour to maintain. I generate 50k gold per hour farming mats. This 1250g/hour upkeep cost is pennies.

It may be pennies to you, but that doesn't mean it's pennies to everyone.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People use witch mother's in pve? The drop in health does not seem worth it for the regen.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compelling evidence would be something you could actually show us.

Here's something I can show you.

1308916332_dog_vs_girl_car_race.gif

Now stop derailing my thread.This is a thread about the new recipe. Not your semantics.

I'm not derailing your thread I am participating in your conversation. Your position is that this food should not be in the game because it takes a Perfect Roe to make it meaning it will not be used.

My position is that there is a niche of people that will use this recipe so having it in the game as another choice is a good thing.

Both our arguments are based on our personal opinions and not on any facts nor compelling evidence.

There is of course a chance you just want something in game that is really good but don't want to have to put in an effort to get it. That would be an entirely different argument but I'm guessing we would be on opposite sides of that one as well.
    Edited by kargen27 on October 24, 2017 11:07PM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is making way for additional fishing features. Soon we will be able to buy roods even have a fishing group finder! Also the title Master angeler will reward you with double roe drops.

...dreams

@ZOS_RichLambert think about it? ;)
    Edited by Tasear on October 25, 2017 6:23PM
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hard pass.
    I wouldn't use it even if it was free.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan. Probably only use it on my Imperials.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    As an endgame PvEer who wants to min-max their build..... I’ll pass. This new gold food is better in every way that Witchmother’s Brew (more of each stat), and adds that Health Recovery which is actually pretty decent.

.... but to require Perfect Roe? That’s ridiculous. Maybe I’ll keep like 20 on me for the rarest of score run occasions. Otherwise I really wish they never added this new recipe. It’s essentially a stat boost to rich players. Spell pots being so pricey was bad enough.

It's like 1500 gold/hour... I'm a poor pvper but I could sustain spell power pots and this food easily
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 25, 2017 6:36PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Most recipes are never going to be used, why should this be any different?

I would certainly use this recipe if it suited my characters needs, as being well over CP cap I have no use for Ambrosia. I'd suggest there are a lot of players who might use it.

"A lot of players" - no. It's a very, very, very small percentage of players that would be willing to use this. Don't kid yourself.

As for it not being used, it's a brand new recipe. If they are putting out new content, it should be usable. Instead this recipe is now in the same trash bin as Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch.
    So it is nearly as useless as all of those burnt trees and branches the Halloween festival is giving us, along with 99.99% of all recipes in the game.

You have your opinion, I'll stick with kidding myself.

Talking about recipes, not the useless burnt *** you get in the event. :) It's a fact that the overwhelming majority of players will not use this.

This is a gold level recipe, it should have been made usable by the majority of players.

They need to stop putting perfect roe in as an ingredient in these recipes so that people will actually use them.

thank you for representing me and all the other players in the game with your 'overwhelming majority' statements. Please actually ask people next time before doing so, since many of us do not agree with your opinion. Yes, an opinion, with no basis in facts. Just because you would not use something, and you know one person who wouldnt, this is not an overwhelming majority.

By definition, if you disagree, that makes you the minority. So I didn't misrepresent you. It's not an opinion to state that the majority of people won't use this recipe. It's a fact.

How do I know this? Because the majority of people don't use Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch. That, my friend, is what we call compelling evidence. It's happened before and it's going to happen again.

Other than for hybrid builds, this is much better than smoked bear haunch. I won't use it in PvE, but it's going to be a primary food for PvP. Is there a stam version?

Although gold recipes use perfect roe, you make 4 per roe and they last for 2 hours. Fish for 25 perfect roe and your set for 200 hours of playtime. Sure, it's a time sink, but I completed the fishing achievement in I think 2-3 zones and and had about 30 perfect roe to show for it. Came close to poking my eyes out, but not THAT close.

Edit: That was before I started using an addon that makes a bell sound when you should reel in. Now I watch movies and fish at the same time.
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on October 25, 2017 6:41PM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not derailing your thread I am participating in your conversation.

The conversation is about the recipe and its usefulness (or uselessness).
    Just stay on topic.
    Edited by AlienatedGoat on October 25, 2017 7:24PM
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than for hybrid builds, this is much better than smoked bear haunch.

The stats are better.

The cost is the same.

So either Bear Haunch is truly terrible for the cost, or they both are. I'm inclined to believe the latter.
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WE ARE ALL ENTITLED.

Fixed that for you. :trollface:
    PC-NA Goat