The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

How to Achieve +70% Damage done to a Trial target without using Minor/Major Berserk for 3 seconds.

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
Weapons needed: Asylum DW
Class Needed: Nightblade
Passive Needed: Catalyst II
Set Needed: War Machine
Ultimates Needed:
Thrive in Chaos (DW Lascerate Morph)
Death Stroke (Assassination Ultimate)
Opponents Needed: 6+ (including target, non-player)

Assumption: % are additive and not multiplicative with one another.

War Machine Minor Slayer: 5%
Apply Thrive in Chaos to the 6 targets, gaining +30% damage done for 8 seconds, and +15% for 10 sec from War Machine Major Slayer.
Ulti is now at 0. Use a potion, Ulti is now at 20. It will take 16.6s of 3ult/s to reach 70 ultimate.
Use Chaotic Whirlwind while Thrive in Chaos is still active. It will now last for 20 seconds total. Use Death Stroke as soon as it becomes available, this will be around the 17s mark of the total duration of Thrive in Chaos.

Against the Target you used Death Stroke on, You now have these buffs: Thrive in Chaos +30%, Minor Slayer +5%, Major Slayer +15%, Death Stroke +20%

Assuming these are additive, and not multiplicative with one another, you will be dealing +70% more damage to this target. (+50% to all other targets)
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 seconds of 70% extra damage will be a sure way to assert your dominance over the raid group.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus

This is just theorycrafting, and min/maxing at that.

Overall the time-stamps will go similarly to this:

+5% (Passive)
    +15% (10s each ult use)
    +0-30%(20s)
    +20%(6s)

On Mob Pulls it would be easy to get a +50% damage increase for at least 10s that falls down to +35% for the remaining 10s through good use of the Thrive in Chaos Ultimate. AKA, Great for Steel Tornado Spam in AoE Situations.

What I want to see someone try out (Since I'm using a crappo computer right now for this) Is DW Asylum With Thrive in Chaos and War Machine to get the +50% damage on 6+ targets , then barswap into a Master's 2H, and see how much AoE damage you can pull off with that empowered cleave.
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    Death stroke increases dmg taken by the target, so its multiplicative, and asylum dw doesnt increase the duratiin of the aoe dmg buff.
    Edited by Ultimate_Overlord on October 23, 2017 8:17AM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ultimate_Overlord

They fixed that. (At least as of 3.2.4), It just wasn't mentioned with Thrive in Chaos, only Rend (the heal)

Though now that I look at i, I'm noticing a bug with Thrive in Chaos, as it only seems to grant a +20% damage increase to the LA even though the tooltip says that It can reach +30%.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on October 23, 2017 6:44PM
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alpheu5

Yeah, I've been digging into it a bit further, it seems that it's because it skips over CP points somehow. No CP allocated, per target it gives roughly a 4.75% damage boost per target hit. (Which means there must be something else that it isn't multiplied against as well). With my standard CP that I had on the PTS, Per target was roughly... Well that was weird as well, since Hidden blade got more of a damage boost that a DW Light attack, So I have no idea what's happening there.
    Vid 2: Six Targets Base Values:
    LA non-crit: 2589
    Hidden Blade Non-Crit: 4493

Thrive in Chaos Values:
    LA non-crit: 3100 (3100-2589)/2589 ~ 19.73% Increase
    Hidden Blade Non-Crit: 5530 (5530-4493)/4493 ~ 23.08% Increase (This is the weird Case)

Though it may be a result of them not including the information with changed CP Stars (the Master-at-arms CP was introduced after Thrive in Chaos was)

I'm going to be dumping points into each CP star and figuring out which ones it scales with correctly, if any. And posting it on the Bug Report Forum, either tonight or tomorrow, whenever I get the time.