The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

ASYLUM WEAPONS LIVE NEXT WEEK!

Shadzilla
Shadzilla
✭✭✭✭✭
Still salty about how horrible most of these weapons still are. Really frustrating how the majority of feedback given by people testing on the PTS goes unheard. GG.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well lets just hope the patch will be like HoTR, last minute changes to everything so it cannot be tested at all xD

thats probably the only hope for some of the weapons :/
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well lets just hope the patch will be like HoTR, last minute changes to everything so it cannot be tested at all xD

Pretty sure Gina explicitly mentioned they won’t be doing that this time.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not everyone agrees with you, i think those weapons are Good as is, no changes needed.
    and i know im not alone in that opinion.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

That was a really sad statement, considering that literally was the only hope for the majority of these weapons.
    not everyone agrees with you, i think those weapons are Good as is, no changes needed.

@dwemer_paleologist So your stance is all the weapons are good as is and no changes are needed? My opinion is the majority of the weapons will not even be considered. Would you be interested in providing any links to threads/videos that support how good all of these weapons are looking? I mean other than the destro 2h s/b I really cannot find a single use for all other weapons.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »

That was a really sad statement, considering that literally was the only hope for the majority of these weapons.

@dwemer_paleologist So your stance is all the weapons are good as is and no changes are needed? My opinion is the majority of the weapons will not even be considered. Would you be interested in providing any links to threads/videos that support how good all of these weapons are looking? I mean other than the destro 2h s/b I really cannot find a single use for all other weapons.

so what you're saying is the bow, dual wield and resto are bad, but the rest are fine?
    Just clarifying.

• Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

so what you're saying is the bow, dual wield and resto are bad, but the rest are fine?
    Just clarifying.

Bow, dw, resto are all pretty bad. I think the 2h will also be unused, though there are some people who think they will be going on extreme 1vX rampages and generating a bunch of ult with it (which most of the time they won't). The destro has a certain place, as well as the s/b. Overall, considering the hype generated to the leadup of the PTS, I think they did not do a good job at all. Frustrating on the lack of communication with people giving feedback from the PTS on these as well. Weapons like this that have their own bonuses derived from certain skills are really important to build diversity. I personally think considering you have to drop either a monster set or 5 piece bonus to run these weapons, they should be much better. The majority of them will be unused.
    Edited by Shadzilla on October 22, 2017 10:47PM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts on the current Asylum weapons in PvE (for what it's worth)

Sword and board and dual wield will both be completely ignored, because as you pointed out they are not as good as 2* 5pc sets and a monster set.
    This is not an Asylum weapon issue.
    This is true for maelstrom and master weapons as well.
    They would have to be godlike for this not to be true.

2 handed will be used for PVE, because it's better than the maelstrom for single target and the master two hander is only good against trash. 2 handed as a skill line still sucks compared to DW for PvE, so it's kind of irrelevant anyway.

No bow is going to be better than the maelstrom bow. Ever. Endless hail is by far the best PvE skill. I would see the asylum bow being used in a Bow/bow build however. Currently I'm using master/maelstrom. I'll certainly try out asylum/maelstrom, but i have a feeling the pinject weapon damage will be better and acid spray is too expensive to use before every snipe.

The new destro staff is good and I expect it'll be BiS for any build that uses force shock as it's spammable.
    Maelstrom on the back, asylum on the front, 2* 5pc.

The resto staff isn't bad, it's just not as good as the master resto for trials, or maelstrom for 4 person. Basically there is no reason to use it, but it's not exactly terrible.
    Put it this way, if you swapped the asylum and master staff around pretty much every trials healer would be using it now, and be planning to swap when CwC goes live.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sword and board and dual wield will both be completely ignored, because as you pointed out they are not as good as 2* 5pc sets and a monster set.

2 handed will be used for PVE, because it's better than the maelstrom for single target and the master two hander is only good against trash. 2 handed as a skill line still sucks compared to DW for PvE, so it's kind of irrelevant anyway.

No bow is going to be better than the maelstrom bow. Ever. Endless hail is by far the best PvE skill. I would see the asylum bow being used in a Bow/bow build however. Currently I'm using master/maelstrom. I'll certainly try out asylum/maelstrom, but i have a feeling the pinject weapon damage will be better and acid spray is too expensive to use before every snipe.

The new destro staff is good and I expect it'll be BiS for any build that uses force shock as it's spammable.

The resto staff isn't bad, it's just not as good as the master resto for trials, or maelstrom for 4 person. Basically there is no reason to use it, but it's not exactly terrible.
    Put it this way, if you swapped the asylum and master staff around pretty much every trials healer would be using it now, and be planning to swap when CwC goes live.

Yea I can't really disagree with anything there. I do think that the s/b will have a spot in a couple specific pvp builds, same with the 2h. Regardless, destro is the only decent looking weapon... Which is pretty sad to say the least. Wish they listened to feedback...
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just clarifying.

Bow, dw, resto are all pretty bad. I think the 2h will also be unused, though there are some people who think they will be going on extreme 1vX rampages and generating a bunch of ult with it (which most of the time they won't). The destro has a certain place, as well as the s/b. Overall, considering the hype generated to the leadup of the PTS, I think they did not do a good job at all. Frustrating on the lack of communication with people giving feedback from the PTS on these as well. Weapons like this that have their own bonuses derived from certain skills are really important to build diversity. I personally think considering you have to drop either a monster set or 5 piece bonus to run these weapons, they should be much better. The majority of them will be unused.

Sssssshhhh ... the more people think they are good weapons and actually use them, then greater the odds are that I will live a little longer in pvp land.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've already tested the Asylum Bow in PVP *PVE* for Bow/Bow extensively and its worse than using any other bow in game outside of a completely non set bow:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4506335#Comment_4506335

I have yet to find a composition that brings any setup with the Asylum Bow over 30k. However I have been able to find several setups doing well over 30k using Master/VMA. Which isn't really surprising if you consider what the Asylum bow actually does.

Arrow Spray
    Cost: 4050 stam
    damage: 557 physical

Snipe
    Cost: 3240
    damage: 1232 physical

The Asylum bow works by hitting the target with Arrow Spray before hitting the target with Snipe, it will then increase the damage on the Snipe by 45-50% depending on which version you have. It only buffs a single Snipe, Poison Injection, Scatter Shot, and it only buffs the direct damage portion of the skill ie not the Dot from Poison Injection.

Casting Arrow Spray+Snipe
    Cost: 7290
    damage: 557 + 1.5*1232 = 2405

Casting Snipe+Snipe
    Cost: 6480
    damage: 1232 + 1232 = 2464

Clearly the Asylum bow is a DPS loss just from that perspective, the only thing it saves you is opportunity cast time by cutting the # of cast time skills used. However once you consider that you could be running a Master bow and gaining 100% up time on 300 weapon damage, the Asylum bow is behind by miles. Add in that you have to drop another skill to slot Arrow Spray, and the Asylum bow is even further behind.

The Asylum bow is worse as a weapon than running any other bow Master/VMA or otherwise. Not running the Asylum bow affords you 100% uptime on either a 1 piece monster set or the Master bow weapon damage bonus. Also not running the Asylum bow allows you to only slot Arrow Spray when needed.

For PVP there is some burst potential gained by running the Asylum bow, which could be useful on console against players not attuned to mitigating Snipe. It will require players using a bow setup in PVP to run Arrow Spray which is generally negative.

I do think the Asylum bow could have some uses in PVP, but considering how bad the bow performs as a main in PVP as it is, I'm unsure how useful it will really be. At least on PC. I think it could be moderately good to great on console, however that is largely dependent the skill of your opponent.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on October 23, 2017 3:40AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Toc de Malsvi That's pretty much what I feared. Arrow spray is just too expensive to use that often.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol even if they were better - PVPers would complain and they'd be nerfed. Skipping the middleman xD