The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A niche,fun idea on DK wings

Ragnarock41
Ragnarock41
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So yesterday my homemate bought the new Wow legion expansion, and started playing the ''demon hunter'' class.
The class has wings, but not just for cosmetic purposes, he could actually double jump or dash in any direction, which really seemed fun.

So we were like, ''dude this like like eso Dk, but actually cool''
Saying that made me sad but also gave me an idea.
I know it sounds so childish but what If DK wings acted like a magicka version of dodge roll, while also giving you the reflect buff for 6 seconds.
and spamming it too much would give you a fatigue like dodge roll/streak.
Everybody knows wings is not doing what it was intended for. A dash combined with dodge or stun effect will give us a reason to take it.Then again DK has too many stuns in their kit so I'd say with the shuffle removal, dodge roll effect will be a good choice.

This would also make wings at least considerable for stamDK too.(unlike what some folks say, StamDK actually has magicka issues since the major mending nerf, and they wont be able to spam the *** out of this without sacrificing their igneous shield)

PS: was meant to post this on combat&character mechanics, my mistake.
Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 20, 2017 9:50PM
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, you lost me at WoW
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea but only jumping backwards, like a gap opener.

It can be used with chains
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Guess what, I tried to introduced him to ESO myself years ago. He was also a Dk player like me, in fact he started playing after watcing me play.
    at some point got bored of stupid nerfs, he complained about it in morrowind

Do you know the answer he got?

''If you don't like it, move on. We don't need you''

And he moved on to a game where he has fun. Are you gonna blame him for it?
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Guess what, I tried to introduced him to ESO myself years ago. He was also a Dk player like me, in fact he started playing after watcing me play.
    at some point got bored of stupid nerfs, he complained about it in morrowind

Do you know the answer he got?

''If you don't like it, move on. We don't need you''

And he moved on to a game where he has fun. Are you gonna blame him for it?

If you consider pushing a button and getting loot fun, sure. They've taken ALL character customization out. Every class is the same spec. That's why I stopped playing. At least with ESO, you are constantly changing your build to get around all the nerfs.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Such a thing would have to be targeted, like Magnum Shot. Otherwise you'd have a lot of DKs chasing their targets hopping backwards... ^^
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

Such a thing would have to be targeted, like Magnum Shot. Otherwise you'd have a lot of DKs chasing their targets hopping backwards... ^^

I don't see why a magDk would like to push himself backwards. You need to hit your target to heal as a magDK, pushing yourself back is only gonna help your opponent.
    And Im not even gonna talk about how garbage chains and Its morphs are.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 20, 2017 10:23PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

I can just imagine a gif of a hundred DKs awkwardly hopping backwards after one sorc like the skyrim dragons. Maybe even a webm with benny hill music.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 20, 2017 10:24PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather see Reflect work more broadly again while simultaneously only working vs. 20% of attacks struck. The buff could go back to its former duration of approximately 30 seconds, with unlimited targeting. If that is too powerful drop it to 10-15%. This would be a Tanking skill as it was meant to be in this instance, while allowing people to put a DK under pressure in PvP.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, Im all in for working wings but you gotta admit ,they just don't want to buff it.
    They even gave warden a proper one, but not for Dk.
    Not to mention Its cost makes it impossible to run on a stamDk.
    Unlike the warden wings which is very useful for both toons.
    So I thought maybe adding some better utility to it would make it more useable.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Im all in for working wings but you gotta admit ,they just don't want to buff it.
    They even gave warden a proper one, but not for Dk.
    Not to mention Its cost makes it impossible to run on a stamDk.
    Unlike the warden wings which is very useful for both toons.
    So I thought maybe adding some better utility to it would make it more useable.

That's why I offered the suggestion I did. It would make it truer to the series (usually reflects are not 100%) and secondly it would make them more valuable to ALL DK builds without being overwhelming or overpowered. This is an old suggestion of mine.

P.S.: After they did something like this it might give them reason to add a short minor spd boost buff or something similar to DK. Unrelated but similar to this, I would like to see them release a Cloak skill in Thieves Guild and Blinding Powder to Dark Brotherhood as active skills. I do not think Thieves Guild cloak should be as good as the Nightblade one, but by offering this they could free up some benefits for Nightblade and open up a new world of sneaking to everyone else. This latter opinion I know is less popular than my Reflect suggestion. I'm all for a proliferation of abilities, with some classes being better at certain types of abilities than others. Actually, I'd rather this game was just a skill based game with no classes at all (Spell schools, weapon schools, etc).
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on October 20, 2017 11:45PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭
    Will never happen. ZOS takes abilities from DKs and gives them to sorcs (see petrify and flames of oblivion), not the other way around.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame. At Its current state the only instance where I will use wings is maybe a fight vs a snipe spammer.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, bolt escape for DK?
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    So, bolt escape for DK?

Since Sorcs got Petrify and Inferno, sure why not?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    So, bolt escape for DK?

I mean why not at this point?
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think wings should do anything more than cause snare immunity as far as movement goes (I would also remove the bonus dmg for DFS and make nonflectable ranged attacks be deflected, so the ability isn't useless to 2/3 of the most used ranged attacks). It keeps to the DK playstyle by avoiding expeditious buffs (At least when they would be useful, such as not AFTER a gap closer).

But if you are going to make it an actual movement effect, make it work as a magicka based dodge roll. Flap the wings, brief liftoff in the direction you "roll". Cost is increased if used too often. The mechanic is built in already, just a graphic change. I think the snare idea is more balanced but either would make the ability much more desireable.
    Edited by Vynn on October 25, 2017 3:22PM
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there!

Here are my proposal for three skill that are used by dks to get into their oponents, and how i think they would improve magicka dk experience in PvP trying not to unbalance or reduce effectiveness of pve tanking.
    Assuming that gap closer aren't used as much in pve, and overral dks are commonly played without it, let me propose some changes and adjusts:

STONEFIST

A) Stonefist - slam enemy with solid Rock dealing X damage and stunning them for 3s (skill base). Range 28m - cost same as live.

A1) Obsidian shard - punch the ground, dealing X magic damage(half or less of skill base) and setting 3 closest enemies off balance in the range and heals alies in around the caster for x amount over 5s. If the target is a player it Doesnt off balance and instead knocks them back . Cost same as skill base - radius 8 metters.

A2) Stone Giant (rename pls)- slam enemy with solid Rock dealing X damage and stunning them for 3s, gives major expedition for 6s and has lower cost. Range 28m.

PETRIFY

B ) Petrify - encase enemy in stone stunning them for 3s. - Range 8m - cost same as cwc and you cant cast it on cc immune targets.

B1) Fossilize (maybe rename it) encase enemy in stone stunning them for 3s, range increased - Range 15m - cost same as cwc, cannot cast on cc immune targets.

B2) Shatering rocks (maybe rename it to defiling rocks) - encase enemy in stone stunning them for 3s, if enemy break free he/she is contamined by the fragments of stones in his veins and receive less healing for the next 5s (major or minor defile). - Range 8m - cost same as live and you can cast it on cc immune targets (for the effect only).

CHAINS

C) Fiery grip - launch a Fiery chain to grasp and pull enemy to you, dealing x fire damage.
    Range 22m - cost same as live.

C1) Poisonous Reach - this skills now costs stamina and launch a poisonous chain to grasp and pull enemy to you, dealing x poison damage over x seconds. Range 22m

C2) Extended chains - launch a Fiery chain to grasp and pull enemy to you, dealing x fire damage over x seconds and applying minor breach, reducing enemy physical and spell resistance by 1320, if target cannot be pulled, you're refunded for the hability cost.
    Range 22 m - cost same as live.

@ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    I will comment below.

Obsidian shard edited****
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm... housemate...ok... WoW... k'bye!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Hmmmm... housemate...ok... WoW... k'bye!

I don't care. Bye.