The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Some healing sets need some TLC - Opinion

SiliconShadow
SiliconShadow
✭✭
The following four could be useful PVE sets with a little TLC

Combat physician - Extremely low proc rate, near useless. During testing this shield had a 3~6% uptime during fights over 1 minute long.

Gossamer - Again very low proc chance when coupled with the reduction in dodge chance. This was coming out at around 5~16% per player, meaning the reduction offered was far less than competing sets for the spot.

Twlight remedy - Can only realistically affect one person at a time, most of the time it will be the tank, and he really needs that 10% crit damage buff...

Sanctuary - Situational at best, the way the healing increase stacks means that mending (Preventative damage) is far superior

These sets are just pretty much useless

Healers Habit - Not even worth looking at, minor mending is easily obtained and or just not a priority for content

Almalexia's Mercy - Okay for PvP, but the premise if buffed can be far overpowered, needs some rework

Stendarr's embrace - Quite a niche utility set, the cooldown however is far too large

Redistributer - Very weak heal, would be better to heal 6 targets dividing up the heal that hit you, this would make it a viable pvp set for battle grounds

Monster sets - No monster set is worth taking over any of the top 3 sets below for any reason what so ever, thus only serving as a crutch to until you get those 3 sets.

Healers don't have enough real choice, the top 3 below are all that 99% will run for a very long time now.

At the moment the viable sets are:
#1 Spell Power Cure - Must have set for all healers
#2 Mending - This for me has crept into #2 giving a large damage reduction when needed
#3 Worm Cult - Must have for magicka heavy groups
#4 Kagrenacs - If you presume you have deaths this is a requirement coupled with lights champion for a safe fast res
#5 Eyes of mara - If you really need that springs spam and full power, this is your bad boy

Notworthy mentions:
Dreamers mantle - Nice in PvP but low proc chance, could also become overpowered if buffed, has no use in PVE
Transmutation - Basically useless in most cases, but you can build a battlegrounds around it, has no use in PVE
Trinimacs Valor - Nice niche PvP set, has no use in PVE
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dreamer's Mantle has a proc chance?
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few sets that are also good on a healer:

Infallible Aether (still a must on the first 2 bosses of vAA)
    Master Architect

From all the monster sets maybe one is worth mentioning since it actually can help your gpr with sustain:
    Sentinel of Rkugamz
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    A few sets that are also good on a healer:

Infallible Aether (still a must on the first 2 bosses of vAA)
    Master Architect

From all the monster sets maybe one is worth mentioning since it actually can help your gpr with sustain:
    Sentinel of Rkugamz

A magicka sorcerer or any other class that does heavy attacks (all, basically after Morrowind) can slot that without sacrificing DPS, so I don't see why the healer would.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • SiliconShadow
    SiliconShadow
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

I meant proc rate, not chance, every 20s is a little too low to make it very useful, there are better options to do the same job.

As @asardes stated I didn't even mention infallible since you can use a sorc to slot it, there are just 3 better options to everything at the moment. More dmg, more sustain and less damage.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

there is no proc on that set, people just use the word wrong all the time. it is one of my biggest triggers. "PROC" is short for Programmed Random OCcurance, Dreamer's Mantle is a conditional set with a cool down, if your health is lower then 35% you get a knockback and a heal, nothing chance based about it.

I meant proc rate, not chance, every 20s is a little too low to make it very useful, there are better options to do the same job.

As @asardes stated I didn't even mention infallible since you can use a sorc to slot it, there are just 3 better options to everything at the moment. More dmg, more sustain and less damage.

it is not a proc, so saying "proc rate" means nothing. you mean the cool down is too long, this is true, like most of the cool downs on healing based sets are in the game.

beyond aforementioned semantics, i agree with the heart of the thread, i want more interesting choices when healing, right now, it is quite limited.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 18, 2017 2:29PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt see earthgore mentioned its really strong in pvp, can be an absolute lifesaver.
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These sets are not of the interest of ZOS this PTS, because of that, ZoS will probably not change anything said here till maybe in Q1 or Q2?

I would like to see Trinimac's Valor improved for PvE because it was once better on DK and Sorc prior to nerfing it to 20% chance on casting a shield ability on an ally from 20% chance per damage shield created on allies.
    Not to say revert the change, but it was never a good option on anything that wasn't DK and Sorc to begin with...

Edited by SirMewser on October 18, 2017 5:38PM
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    i personally have found good use out of lightspeaker on nightblade healer, and trinimacs on dk as 2nd sets to spc. we could really use a good healing monster set in general
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, but you might as well talk about it to a brick wall. Way more responsive.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ::sigh:: This thread is a bad idea. Now ZOS is going to nerf SPC and Mending. You see, that'll create more "interesting choices"...
    Edited by Gnortranermara on October 18, 2017 5:46PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sets that are +Healing are pretty much dead on arrival for healers in PvE. I do just fine healing my group without them. They are just overkill.

There's a reason why SPC is considered standard issue for healers, even though it does't actually offer any healing.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almalexia with the new agony seems nice. Combined with Dessert Rose even better... throw argonian in the equation and you'll have the full package.

Other options include HA sets like imperium, Leeching, Livewire...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ::sigh:: This thread is a bad idea. Now ZOS is going to nerf SPC and Mending. You see, that'll create more "interesting choices"...

just use them and shut up
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All trial healing sets other than mending need a serious looking at.
    they should be better than they are.

All trial tanking sets are trash. All of them.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    All trial tanking sets are trash. All of them.

Almost all dd sets from trials are better tanking sets than the actual tank sets. :D
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've been seeing a lot of complaints that healers arent having to work very hard in PvE.
  • SiliconShadow
    SiliconShadow
    ✭✭
    it is not a proc, ...

Nope. It doesn't just mean programmed random occurrence, it can also mean procedure or process, or procedure. The term groups all together.

In this case it means that there has to be an input to produce an output. Even if it is an 100% chance of occurrence. This processing we call a procedure or a function.

If you want to know more why not attend one of my many lectures around the world on programming, I'm sure you can get to one. I mainly speak about performance and security in Enterprise programming and designing best practices for Microsoft Office related development, but I don't mind getting out a white board for you.

Just in case you want to question or argue the above my credentials (BSc Comp Science and Diploma Games dev) are below, thanks for listening.

https://twitter.com/HughAJWood - https://www.linkedin.com/in/hugh-wood-6b74b458/

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it is not a proc, ...

Nope. It doesn't just mean programmed random occurrence, it can also mean procedure or process, or procedure. The term groups all together.

In this case it means that there has to be an input to produce an output. Even if it is an 100% chance of occurrence. This processing we call a procedure or a function.

If you want to know more why not attend one of my many lectures around the world on programming, I'm sure you can get to one. I mainly speak about performance and security in Enterprise programming and designing best practices for Microsoft Office related development, but I don't mind getting out a white board for you.

Just in case you want to question or argue the above my credentials (BSc Comp Science and Diploma Games dev) are below, thanks for listening.

https://twitter.com/HughAJWood - https://www.linkedin.com/in/hugh-wood-6b74b458/

you are cute. nice resume but you are focusing on the wrong part of the acronym, the important part is the "R", ie "random" there is nothing random about the set in question. if you get below 35% health, you get a heal, everytime, as long as the cool down is up. nothing random about that.

this https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-proc-2483498 is a good website explaining the term, it actually explains what i think you were trying to explain but you come off as an self selling plug machine.

lol at your twitter account name too, huge wood.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 19, 2017 10:31AM
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭

Combat physician - Extremely low proc rate, near useless. During testing this shield had a 3~6% uptime during fights over 1 minute long.

I am curious how you tested this set? I have found that the shield activates nearly every time on cooldown. The set does not operate on a proc rate. If you critically heal a friendly target, that target will get a shield every 6 seconds. This can affect every friendly target it hits with a cooldown of 6 seconds per target. I do not know if there is a target limit.

Your friendly target must have taken damage for this set to function. The shield will not activate on a friendly target at full health. Transmutation works this way as well.

Your critical chance is important for this set to function. If you have a low crit rate, then you will not get shields as often.

That, of course, does not mean that this set is the best out there, but it is certainly better than many. In normal damage scenarios such as dungeons and even in PvP, it has value. For trials where the amount of incoming damage can be huge, the shields will get eaten up quickly. Mending will probably outperform this set significantly. On the other hand, it is sure nice to give your stam builds some shielding.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can make gossamer work in small group pvp, but only front bar on a destro/resto mageblade where you're spammable is proc'ing it. And then its only worth slotting if your group has trans, riposte, and SPC covered, which is unlikely.

Also, for pvp you should run BS/Troll(small group) or Earthgore(large group) on your healers.

Calling trans "basically useless" is a joke. Its a consideration for BiS on a lot of solo/small scale PVP builds and has use in large scale. Its one of the best PVP sets in the game since it has a very long proc with a very simple requirement and on some builds it will add all the additional sustain you need, meaning you can back bar the 5th piece and front bar a 5pc damage set on a double staff build. Or back bar the 4th and 5th pieces on SnB with a masters/malestrom resto/destro and another full 5pc on body.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 19, 2017 3:14PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Capsaica wrote: »

I am curious how you tested this set? I have found that the shield activates nearly every time on cooldown. The set does not operate on a proc rate. If you critically heal a friendly target, that target will get a shield every 6 seconds. This can affect every friendly target it hits with a cooldown of 6 seconds per target. I do not know if there is a target limit.

Your friendly target must have taken damage for this set to function. The shield will not activate on a friendly target at full health. Transmutation works this way as well.

Your critical chance is important for this set to function. If you have a low crit rate, then you will not get shields as often.

That, of course, does not mean that this set is the best out there, but it is certainly better than many. In normal damage scenarios such as dungeons and even in PvP, it has value. For trials where the amount of incoming damage can be huge, the shields will get eaten up quickly. Mending will probably outperform this set significantly. On the other hand, it is sure nice to give your stam builds some shielding.

One bubble each 6 secs makes it weak. It could be a nice combo with trinimacs if the shield granted procs trinimac, but it doesn't. A shorter CD would make it viable
    Edited by Xvorg on October 19, 2017 3:28PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's actually the trouble with Gossamer and Combat Physician: they only activate if you actually heal damage. If you heal at full health they don't proc. Changing that would suffice to make them viable. In PvE often the damage is one shot so that shield or dodge can be a lifesaver.
    Edited by Asardes on October 19, 2017 3:42PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

One bubble each 6 secs makes it weak. It could be a nice combo with trinimacs if the shield granted procs trinimac, but it doesn't. A shorter CD would make it viable

You are correct, procs do not proc procs. :smile:
    I would argue, however, that 1 decent size shield every 6s per person is pretty solid. I wouldn't run it for trials, but for most other content it is ok. Not BiS, of course, but not trash.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

That's actually the trouble with Gossamer and Combat Physician: they only activate if you actually heal damage. If you heal at full health they don't proc. Changing that would suffice to make them viable. In PvE often the damage is one shot so that shield or dodge can be a lifesaver.

Good point, however, keeping a HoT going on your group will activate Combat Phys. the moment they take damage. If it is one-shot damage, it is not going to help. But for everything else, its not bad. As I mentioned, certainly not a trials set, but not trash either, IMO.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would argue, however, that 1 decent size shield every 6s per person is pretty solid. I wouldn't run it for trials, but for most other content it is ok. Not BiS, of course, but not trash.

Depends on the proc. CP procs health regen in Permafrost

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭

Depends on the proc. CP procs health regen in Permafrost

Bah! ZoS logic. :wink:
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Notworthy mentions:
    Dreamers mantle - Nice in PvP but low proc chance, could also become overpowered if buffed, has no use in PVE

This set is not nice in PvP. It gives you, what, a free breath of life every half minute, on the condition that someone gets you into execute range? I would equip this on someone else's character, while they were in the bathroom, as a prank.

Transmutation - Basically useless in most cases, but you can build a battlegrounds around it, has no use in PVE

This is almost unequivocally the most important healing set available for group PvP. The only scenario in which I would run a group without Transmutation is if my guild time traveled back to the prehistoric era; I do not believe cavemen can crit.

Trinimacs Valor - Nice niche PvP set, has no use in PVE

This is not a nice niche PvP set; this is a set you could technically make a build around, but you would probably only do that if someone publicly dared you to, and there was also either a consequential amount of money on the line, or you had to wear the set in order to prevent a local orphanage from closing down. You would wear it, begrudgingly, to save the lives of multiple orphans.

Your observations about the limited practicality of most healing sets in PvE is worth consideration, but I do not think you understand how things work in PvP -- you completely dismiss the most ubiquitous PvP healer set, and don't even mention Earthgore. I recommend narrowing your focus.
    Edited by heystreethawk on October 20, 2017 5:54AM
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Notworthy mentions:

This set is not nice in PvP. It gives you, what, a free breath of life every half minute, on the condition that someone gets you into execute range? I would equip this on someone else's character, while they were in the bathroom, as a prank.

It's one of several lifesaver sets. This one is one has one of the weaker effects, though still a CC, unlike what you said. It competes due to it's comparatively low cooldown.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Notworthy mentions:

It's one of several lifesaver sets. This one is one has one of the weaker effects, though still a CC, unlike what you said. It competes due to it's comparatively low cooldown.

(5 items) When you take damage while you are under 35% Health, you knockdown all enemies within 4 meters of you for 2 seconds and heal for 7000 Health. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds.

It is both a CC and what I said. That's 3500 health after battle spirit, which is a nothing heal, and a knockdown dependent on the people around you not having CC immunity when it goes off, once every 20 seconds, if you are close to being dead. That is saving nobody's life.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still run old-school TBS set ) Ritual + Atronach enough for me to sustain BoL like infinite, otherwise i prefer to help my group with humble 15-20K DPS, glad Magplar can do both things.

Anyway, current healing sets are all junk, not worth to farm, even SPC and Worm.