The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Huge FPS increase in Trial on PTS

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
Usually I am around 15-20 FPS in trials. Yesterday however, I had 40-50 FPS all the time.

Can someone else confirm FPS increase somewhere else? Not sure if its only in trial or game overall.
Edited by Alcast on October 19, 2017 7:05AM
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had my normal 30 - 50 haven't heard anyone else say there's jumped up. Did you tweak anything on your pc @Alcast?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did vHRC HM last night and it was pretty smooth, compared to what I was used to. Maybe server load was lower, since I've seen that sales were pretty low too, hinting at less players.

Later edit: didn't realize the topic was PTS related. My bad.
    Edited by Asardes on October 18, 2017 10:58AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I did vHRC HM last night and it was pretty smooth, compared to what I was used to. Maybe server load was lower, since I've seen that sales were pretty low too, hinting at less players.

probably this
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys, I believe Alcast refers to the PTS, not Live.

If so, then FPS increase should be noticeable since ZOS stated that they made some performance improvements for the next CWC patch which should increase the overall performance by X%. But over 100% increase? That's wierd...
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Guys, I believe Alcast refers to the PTS, not Live.

If so, then FPS increase should be noticeable since ZOS stated that they made some performance improvements for the next CWC patch which should increase the overall performance by X%. But over 100% increase? That's wierd...

I was surprised too >.>

@Zagnut123Zagnut123 did not change anything.

I just wonder if its bc small trial thats why I ask if someone else noticed this somewhere else
    Edited by Alcast on October 18, 2017 11:15AM

• vMaick
    vMaick
    ✭✭✭
    Uh zos actually said during the clockwork city announcement at pax west (I think) that there were coming some performance increases for lower end users, including consoles. I believe they said we could expect an increase of at least 15%. Thats probably what you're experiencing here.

Edited by vMaick on October 18, 2017 11:45AM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the original patch notes for this PTS:

"In this update, we’ve been hard at work improving the performance of the client. We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements. Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph. Together, these two additions have resulted in significant gains in frame rate and improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.
    -Made improvements to the overall frame rate.
    -Improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.
    -Fixed a number of infrequent game crashes."

I personally didn't notice anything different wandering around populated areas, but the best test will be when it goes live.
    Edited by danno8 on October 18, 2017 12:56PM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, but because on PTS I have a constant 200-350+ ping
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done trials on PTS but have also experienced more fps'
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    im going to test this...
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do hope consoles will get the performance improvements they promised, the past two weeks it was almost impossible to play in every single scenario.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Usually I am around 15-20 FPS in trials. Yesterday however, I had 40-50 FPS all the time.

Can someone else confirm FPS increase somewhere else? Not sure if its only in trial or game overall.

Running the Master Merchant addon? That kills frame rates for me in Trials

Also, the game was supposed to have some performance tweaks, perhaps they worked.
    Edited by Nestor on October 18, 2017 3:17PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I was plowing through the CWC main quest I noticed higher frames in general, and definitely an improvement over an average trial in AS, although you have a point in that it may be because the trial itself is smaller (like how when you load into the Mage's cell in AA, your frames go way up since it's not rendering the whole damn trial).

Hopefully this is the update that actually improves performance, because I watched a stream the other day of someone with nice, fluid frames and I'm over here with my choppy [snip].

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 18, 2017 4:00PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weps wrote: »
    I do hope consoles will get the performance improvements they promised, the past two weeks it was almost impossible to play in every single scenario.

Just going to offer some friendly advice: deactivate everything. Quest trackers, health numbers and percentages, Combat Text, turn off the sound and once you teleport into an instance restart the game. Most of the raid groups do it on Xbox EU and frankly, the difference is massive, you can actually play the game and enjoy it. Now obviously, for other things, you don't have to go as extreme, you can leave the sound and forget the relogging. But health numbers really hurt the FPS for some reason.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Weps wrote: »

Just going to offer some friendly advice: deactivate everything. Quest trackers, health numbers and percentages, Combat Text, turn off the sound and once you teleport into an instance restart the game. Most of the raid groups do it on Xbox EU and frankly, the difference is massive, you can actually play the game and enjoy it. Now obviously, for other things, you don't have to go as extreme, you can leave the sound and forget the relogging. But health numbers really hurt the FPS for some reason.

Dunno if i should find that funny or sad
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there was an increase to FPS on PTS, just posting to reinforce this experience, very happy, nonetheless! :)
    Edited by SirMewser on October 18, 2017 5:41PM
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think @Alcast is talking about live correct.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Its the PTS forum, its about the pts hehe, I will clarify this on the title.

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    well ... maybe cryo also is affected of this??
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    well ... maybe cryo also is affected of this??

Most likely, will have to wait for the release on live server to check.

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the very first patch notes of the PTS (edit: or was it even before that in the announcements? ... idk, have to look it up) there was a comment from Gina, that they worked on performance. Yielding a boost of 10-30% for FPS (especially for those systems running on the lower edge ) ...

... I didn#t really pay attention as 10% difference would be amazing 2 FPS on average for me.

Adding to it, PTS usually runs better (at least thats what I noticed) - probably to a generally low server load.

second edit:PTS-patch notes (first ones):
    In this update, we’ve been hard at work improving the performance of the client. We’ve overhauled how the client handles animations, significantly reducing memory requirements. Additionally, we’ve made significant optimizations to the Scene Graph. Together, these two additions have resulted in significant gains in frame rate and improved load times into areas with many characters and/or buildings.

Made improvements to the overall frame rate.

-> I do remember a comment from gina with quite exact numbers, tho. Can't find it atm.
    Edited by Elsterchen on October 19, 2017 8:43AM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to see this FPS increase in the fight with the 4rd boss (triplets) in vHoF, especially at the beginning where everybody drop destro ulti xD
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭

Its the PTS forum, its about the pts hehe, I will clarify this on the title.

Oh god my attention to detail is subpar.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is now better on PTS, the real question being if this better performance will transfer over once the population jumps 100fold. Night time VHRC and VMOL are in fact smoother. This is where my group seem to suffer the most.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMaick wrote: »
    Uh zos actually said during the clockwork city announcement at pax west (I think) that there were coming some performance increases for lower end users, including consoles. I believe they said we could expect an increase of at least 15%. Thats probably what you're experiencing here.

Lower end? I have this years PC with GTX 1070 which is rocking any game out there on ultra settings 120 fps constant. Still in vHoF I see under 10 fps sometimes.

And in any case they spoke nothing about "lower end"
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find performance on the PTS is always better than on live just because of how much less of a load the servers have to deal with.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.