The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Tpis on how do get into group dungeons fast as DD

zaria
zaria
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Pick pledge pick up the undaunted delve quest, queue as DD, travel to delve and continue to quest boss, wait for boss to re-spawn, obviously you now have an high chance of getting into the dungeon and nobody will refuse invite. You have to do the delve again afterward but that is fast :)
This has happened twice for me
Grinding just make you go in circles.
Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice :)

PC
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and you can try by queueing as healer or tank and just do your DD-thing.
    you will not get an sympathy but who cares
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    and you can try by queueing as healer or tank and just do your DD-thing.
    you will not get an sympathy but who cares
    Has two cp590 healers for that :)

I just found this funny, leveling an NB and DK and yesterday this happened on both.
    For PC-EU I found random normal wait time to be around 10-12 minutes but it was faster then I combined with delve quest.
    Wonder how people get hour long queues? specific dungeon? Vet has shorter queues at least as healer I almost always end in vet then selecting multiple.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Pick pledge pick up the undaunted delve quest, queue as DD, travel to delve and continue to quest boss, wait for boss to re-spawn, obviously you now have an high chance of getting into the dungeon and nobody will refuse invite. You have to do the delve again afterward but that is fast :)

Am I the only one that can't follow the steps laid out here? How do delve quests relate to group dungeon finder?
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are assuming correlation from coincidence.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting that really often. I jus take the delve quest to fill the time. The thing is vet queues are much shorter, so usually I get a group the moment I enter the delve, or while approaching the boss. During prime time random vet is usually less than a minute, vet pledges up to 5 minutes (unless very unpopular dungeons like vCOA2 or vFG2). Sometimes I get the random in like 10-15 seconds. Had I not taken the quest, I would wait the exact same time, but it feels much shorter when you have actually something to do. For some reason it doesn't work that well on Saturday and Sunday (queues up to 15-20 minutes - probably more DDs online).
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, i always pick up the delve quest and i am pretty sure it wont help other then having something to do while waiting. The average waiting time for me is 45 Minutes, sometimes i am lucky and i am in in 5-10 minutes but thats rarely the case, Weekends are are crazy, finding a random group in the last couple of weeks took more then 3 hours...often i just quit and gave up if none of my guildmates were available.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »

Am I the only one that can't follow the steps laid out here? How do delve quests relate to group dungeon finder?
    code65536 wrote: »
    You are assuming correlation from coincidence.

I know that its no collaboration, that outside of DD queue time is 10-15 minutes, I tend to queue in rawl'kha check research, go to elden root pick up quest, then off to delve, if I have to wait a long time for boss its likely it rake 10-15 minutes.
    Yes waiting to queue until just outside delve would be smarter as I would join dungeon just after returning and sell / deconstruct stuff but its less fun

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    Hmm, i always pick up the delve quest and i am pretty sure it wont help other then having something to do while waiting. The average waiting time for me is 45 Minutes, sometimes i am lucky and i am in in 5-10 minutes but thats rarely the case, Weekends are are crazy, finding a random group in the last couple of weeks took more then 3 hours...often i just quit and gave up if none of my guildmates were available.
    Who platform is you on? I run random normals on an 24 and 42 DD PC-EU, longest queue time was 20 minutes.
    Have only run healers outside of guild runs the last half year, was far more problems with group finder back then and my dps back at cp200 was not impressive either.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tommalmm wrote: »
    I'm getting that really often. I jus take the delve quest to fill the time. The thing is vet queues are much shorter, so usually I get a group the moment I enter the delve, or while approaching the boss. During prime time random vet is usually less than a minute, vet pledges up to 5 minutes (unless very unpopular dungeons like vCOA2 or vFG2). Sometimes I get the random in like 10-15 seconds. Had I not taken the quest, I would wait the exact same time, but it feels much shorter when you have actually something to do. For some reason it doesn't work that well on Saturday and Sunday (queues up to 15-20 minutes - probably more DDs online).
    Makes sense, normal dungeons has lots of players who level or are casuals and only DD, vet has more tanks and healer builds. Weekends you get more casuals so more DD.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sorry, but that's got nothing to do with anything. You've just stumbled on one of the Murphy's Laws of dungeon queuing.

So following that line of 'logic,' you can increase your chances further by:
    • Being right in the middle of the longest (step for step) quest you can find, preferrably main line or guild related for sheer duration purposes.
    • Choosing an area that has the absolute largest map size prior to your current quest objective.
    • Complete all steps, right up to the last quest giver. Engage in final conversation and expect the queue to pop right before full completion.

This can be further enhanced by have the quest be as far from any known wayshrines as possible, preferably in rugged or difficult to navigate terrain. Make sure you walk, not mount to arrive at your destination.

Also, having near full inventory is ideal. Best if you have to destroy a single item to make room for the quest reward. Second best if you have to travel (again, no mounts, shrines, or merchants/bankers allowed here.) to empty inventory prior to queue.

Also, if you're almost out of food, potions, or soul gems (inventory), ideally all three, your chances of the queue popping increase.

You've simply experienced coincidence and it feels like it takes less time because you're actually doing something while you wait, vice just standing around the enclave like the local celebrity homeless guy.

It's why I tell people, "Queue, then do (something/anything)" It pops when it pops.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS