Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

SnB mag dk???

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
So why do people use sword and shield on mag dks? Like I could understand if they were doing a perms block build, but almost all the builds I've seen aren't even focused on trying to block damage. So why do people use sword and shields on mag dk? Like they don't even use the abilities from the sword and board skill line and all the passives are useless for a mag dk.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sword and board gives you 2 set pieces as well as another armour enchant.
    It also gives you the fantastic block passives.

However most importantly, it gives you access to the ultimate, which gives you 6 seconds or so of free blocking, which is insanely powerful, especially when coupled with Battle Roar.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

However most importantly, it gives you access to the ultimate, which gives you 6 seconds or so of free blocking, which is insanely powerful, especially when coupled with Battle Roar.

Yeah but like I said almost all the builds I've seen don't 1. Use any of the sword and shields skills including the ultimate and 2. The builds aren't focused on blocking. So wouldn't it be better to use like dual wield or even a two hander cuz atleast they give you a damage bonus.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah but like I said almost all the builds I've seen don't 1. Use any of the sword and shields skills including the ultimate and 2. The builds aren't focused on blocking. So wouldn't it be better to use like dual wield or even a two hander cuz atleast they give you a damage bonus.

I honestly don't know why you wouldn't run Shield Wall right now, the skill is fantastic.

Additionally, I'd say they would go S+B over dual swords because it gives more defensive ability. Shields give a lot of resistances, as well as the option to get another piece of Impen to further mitigate crit damage.

Oftentimes you will also see DK's run something like Back-Bar infused shield with a health enchant to help boost the healing of Dragon Blood as well.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭

I honestly don't know why you wouldn't run Shield Wall right now, the skill is fantastic.

Additionally, I'd say they would go S+B over dual swords because it gives more defensive ability. Shields give a lot of resistances, as well as the option to get another piece of Impen to further mitigate crit damage.

Oftentimes you will also see DK's run something like Back-Bar infused shield with a health enchant to help boost the healing of Dragon Blood as well.

Oh yeah good points! See I'm trying to find a mag dk pvp build but they are all so different. So I'm not sure which one to choose.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh yeah good points! See I'm trying to find a mag dk pvp build but they are all so different. So I'm not sure which one to choose.

I've been playing with impregnable armour + burning spellweave with endurance 2pc on the back bar.
    Seems to work alright, but I am an awful DK player, so your milage may vary.

• Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP-

My mDK runs SnB on the front bar to complete 5 BSW, 5 Sun, 2 Valkyn on a 5l/1m/1h setup. On the back bar, I give up my 5th piece of Sun because I run an inferno staff.

When running in PVP, mDKs will be a crowd control/damage dealer. Often, we have to proc the Eye of Flame ultimate on the destro staff bar and then swap to SnB and run into a crowd (which you'll want more blocking/survivability).
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    OP-

My mDK runs SnB on the front bar to complete 5 BSW, 5 Sun, 2 Valkyn on a 5l/1m/1h setup. On the back bar, I give up my 5th piece of Sun because I run an inferno staff.

When running in PVP, mDKs will be a crowd control/damage dealer. Often, we have to proc the Eye of Flame ultimate on the destro staff bar and then swap to SnB and run into a crowd (which you'll want more blocking/survivability).

Exactly the same set up as mine on my mag dk, works so well.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used it for the sets

Back bar BSW to proc the damage front bar willpower sword and shield for more max magic and damage.

Gear I use is bloodspawn and shacklebreaker.

It's more about the sets and that ult is real nice
    Edited by FloppyTouch on October 17, 2017 5:22AM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why do people use sword and shield on mag dks? Like I could understand if they were doing a perms block build, but almost all the builds I've seen aren't even focused on trying to block damage. So why do people use sword and shields on mag dk? Like they don't even use the abilities from the sword and board skill line and all the passives are useless for a mag dk.

because they are playing the mechanics...not playing the game.

besides, all they do is talon, whip, whip , whip, talon, whip whip whip...

yawn..
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yawn..

I know right, game mechanics are such a crutch, only scrubs use them, real pvpers light attack enemies to death.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »

yawn..

I know right, game mechanics are such a crutch, only scrubs use them, real pvpers light attack enemies to death.

With poisons
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »

yawn..

heavy, sir, heavy! :-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.