The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Is anyone playing on PTS ?!

Vanzen
Vanzen
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean ... In 3 days I met ONE person ...

No one in Ciro, and queud for BG to no avail.

Am from EU though.

May be there should be some incentive to participate, like a special hat or some clothing to get on live for playing on pts
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reporting/feedback does nothing, what's the point?
    Options
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Exactly this, I gave up a long time ago.
    I spend less and less time every PTS because ZoS doesn't care about the player's interest.

Most of what we do, say, and ask for is undermined if at the very least... Read.
    I am convinced that with the quantity of content we get, even in DLCs let alone base game changes, is at the decline. I assure you, the price they value their content, will not reflect this.

Either that or they need to hire people that can actually program.
    The graphic design and artwork is fantastic in this game, it's just sad that they refuse to actually develop on what they currently have. We give them how to go about this, many people at this point are informative enough to actually care about what needs to happen.

That is why people get upset, because we want to see this game get better, I am not saying it's getting worse, but it certainly isn't changing for the better.
    Edited by SirMewser on October 16, 2017 7:16PM
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or gets a skill you like nerfed to make a crappy one look better (e.g. petrify).
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or gets a skill you like nerfed to make a crappy one look better (e.g. petrify).

or frags. although the alternative to that one is still ***, imho.
    Options
  • Hamburglarjones
    Hamburglarjones
    ✭✭✭
    No point anymore
    Boone
    Dunmer Magicka DragonKnight
    MagDK raid build guide
    Guild: Dragon's Crest - retired
    World's 3rd vHoF clear & 3rd vHoF HM clear
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I normally spend more time on PTS than I do on live server . I don't anymore . I read forums every day and have a general idea of what people think , what is overperforming and what is lackluster . There are so many discussions and feedback , nothing is being listened or cared about . Taking a small look at today's PTS notes should say more than enough . It is a test server , I go test things . What is the point of my testing if it is gonna go like this ?

Only thing I tested in this PTS is how Asylum 1h/s performs on a mDK for PvP . Answer is good . I managed to find few decent players to duel with and I like the results . Heavy Armor is no good on mDK anymore because losing spell damage means losing healing power too which a mDK cannot afford . My character in live server plays with full Impen items , not a perma block build . Next patch , I am forced to play full Sturdy with Light Armor .

Only 2 Ultimates (trees and resto ulti) in this game that has good potential of making good use of War Machine and Master Architect as tank or healer nerfed hard for PvP reasons . Forced back to use Warhorn and dropping these sets as tanks and healers . So much for build diversity . They could just reduce their healing and/or effectiveness but no . Let's bring down PvE with PvP . I seriously think they are just trolling .

My Warden tank build that excels at healing (20-30% healing done in a trial group) is complete garbage now thanks to removal of Wrath and cost increase on trees . Forced to play the standart Ebon/Alkosh setup with Warhorn all over again . Such fun , using year old items .

Summing up , there is no need to go to PTS . They just do blanket nerfs on everything because they are lazy . No real intention of going to the core of problems . Game gets more nerfs than buffs . Soon , it will become so pathetic , Ashen Grip will be considered as a decent set lol . Not worth bothering .
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If they do a closed beta for the next Chapter like they did for Morrowind, spending time on the PTS makes you more likely to get picked.

If not, it still has other uses. When I get bored of testing I'll mess around with furnishings or armor styling - it's an easy way to try out a style which has hard-to-get trait stones without expending them on live, or buy up a lot of expensive furnishings I'm not sure I'll like to test them out. Or I'll redo quests I've forgotten while enjoying the fact that there's little to no rude chatter in zone chat. Or I'll try out a new set to see if I like it before I craft/grind for it.

Trying to do group content on the PTS is terrible though. The only time I've managed to find a group was HoF before it came out.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    I mean ... In 3 days I met ONE person ...

No one in Ciro, and queud for BG to no avail.

Am from EU though.

May be there should be some incentive to participate, like a special hat or some clothing to get on live for playing on pts

To be fair, there are probably quite a few NA players (like me) that were in on the front end of the PTS window ... when NA character copies were available.

I haven't been in there much since the EU character copy.

But, I did some testing including running the Clockwork main quest ...
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I test almost every day on the PTS servers during a new cycle. I see a few people here and there when I go to main towns to respec morphs or grab stuff, but not as many as I used to. I give my feedback when I have time or fit it into my content creation.

I think a lot of people feel entitled to a response or change when they take the time to write up a post that gets a lot of attention or agrees. Even I in the past used to get upset when I'd take hours writing up an in depth post talking about real issues and not getting a response, but as I started to learn more about the game and the team, I realized that limitations are a big issue. Imagine how many people you would have to hire to go through the verbal drivel that is posted on social media and forums, and how many more would need to be hired to make well thought out responses to anything that got more than 10k views.

People don't really catch on, but a lot of issues that we talk about on the forums are addressed, just not in a timely manner. I see fixes and balance changes for outcries months ago, kind of like an echo effect. They listen, people just don't acknowledge it due to the tardiness.

Biggest fix to the whole situation is to improve on transparency. The Road Ahead needs to come back to a Bi-Weekly (at minimum) appearance, talking about the latest of what is being worked on and the community's input or statistical data (Participation, morph options, consumption of content, etc). People like when developers reach out and share their internal work, but developers get scared because the people too caught up and too bitter lash out with disgusting reactions. It's a two way street.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    Options