The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Skoria and Nerein'eth's one piece bonus

SadnessInSolace
SadnessInSolace
✭✭✭
With the new monster helm sets like Grothdarr and Illambris having one piece maximum magicka bonuses and the brand new change to the Nightflame monster set having the same bonus.
I see it only as fair that Valkyn Skoria and Nerein'eth get a one piece maximum magicka.
These sets may be used in PvP but they are still heavily used more in PvE.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skoria's also used by some stam builds, so the healh bonus benefits the person either way. Nerieneth should have a magicka bonus tho. It really only suits magicka builds and certain magicka builds at that.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skoria should have a 1 piece spell penetration bonus.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria's also used by some stam builds, so the healh bonus benefits the person either way. Nerieneth should have a magicka bonus tho. It really only suits magicka builds and certain magicka builds at that.

In all honesty 2 years ago nerieneths was bis for stam builds, not even joking.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one piece health bonus is actually really nice in endgame content.

As a DPS you'll want to hit 17-18k hp before team buffs. With max CP and blue food and no other bonuses you'll get 16k or so. Running Skoria or Nirineth means that you hit that ideal number and not need to invest attribute points in HP, and also opens the door to running purple food.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the health bonus in pvp for skoria
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

As a DPS you'll want to hit 17-18k hp before team buffs. With max CP and blue food and no other bonuses you'll get 16k or so. Running Skoria or Nirineth means that you hit that ideal number and not need to invest attribute points in HP, and also opens the door to running purple food.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoria should have a 1 piece spell penetration bonus.

I use skoria on my stamden and my stamplar sometimes, it is a great set for either Stam or magic because of the autohit mobs part, and nerienith is useful on races that don't have health bonuses and are not pet sorcs, my Breton magblade runs it, so I can run Witchmothers comfortably.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The necessity to make everything the same is mind boggeling.

I know this is going to shock a lot of forum folks but some people like the health bonus.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »

Huh, well, 2 years ago was when i began really playing and didn't even know what sets were xD
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1 pc bonus allows niche builds that use the bonus HP and still have competitive DPS. There is a reason everything is not completely streamlined.
    I play how I want to.

• wolfxspice
    wolfxspice
    ✭✭✭
    skoria is fine, Nerein'eth just needs the proc chance upped to 20-25% or it needs to be changed to proc off something else.
    I'm a casual now
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The max health is actually pretty great.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about 1 pcs monsterset with 2 bonus like:

Domihaus Set

(1 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (1 items) Adds 1096 Max Magica

isnt that better then lets say 1 pc Ilambris:
    (1 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka

:/:/

PC
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

^
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB Bogdan buff
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To be honest this isn't surprising since it works better for a melee setup than it does a ranged setup.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest this isn't surprising since it works better for a melee setup than it does a ranged setup.

Yea I actually was told to use it by Gil, I laughed. After realizing he was serious, I went and tested it on a few parses and it blew my other setup out of the water... Was extremely suprised.
  • Joshua261
    Joshua261
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty 2 years ago nerieneths was bis for stam builds, not even joking.[/quote]

Huh, well, 2 years ago was when i began really playing and didn't even know what sets were xD[/quote]

When i started on ps4 from day 1 up until just after wrothgar release i didn't even know that you could craft gear sets.... XD
    Joshua Doom- Imperial Templar
    Mr Altmer- High elf sorcerer
    Silent Destroyer- Khajiit nightblade
    Heals-with-scales- Argonian Templar
    Cat Sorc-- Khajiit sorcerer
    The poison expert- Imperial Dragonknight
    Templar Destroyer- High Elf Templar
    Nooby Warden- High Elf Warden
    Poisonous Noob- Redguard Dragonknight
    Death-by-Magicka- Dark Elf Nightblade
    Sinisterblade- Redguard Warden
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, for what then? I like they way they are!
    And if you want something else then go and get it, but don´t change the stats of sets which are in use now, I hate that!
    You want that just for your convinience so you don´t have to farm other gear!
    Edited by Azurya on October 16, 2017 9:30AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »
    what about 1 pcs monsterset with 2 bonus like:

Domihaus Set

(1 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (1 items) Adds 1096 Max Magica

isnt that better then lets say 1 pc Ilambris:
    (1 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka

:/:/

The point of health is to have the health, not Stam or mag, just health.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both Skoria and Nerienth are excellent because their 1 set bonus allows me to run Witchmother without having to invest any points into health.

Let them as they are!
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're just fine thank you very much
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To all these people above who like the idea of keeping health bonus in Nerieneth: do you even use it? Because I can't see anybody using this set in any content. In pvp the proc is just so slow that it can be easily dodged. In pve it is simply a dps loss - every magicka build has much better alternatives. NOBODY uses it. Really. Of course there might be some exceptions who will be defending this set here on the forum but the only place where I see this lich crystal proc is.... the fight with last boss in CoH2.

As for the Skoria - it's mostly a pvp set nowdays so health bonus is okay. But I would prefer to have max magicka instead so it would be more viable in pve while the missing health bonus could be provided with health enchants on armor if someone needs it.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tyrion87 I use nerienith on my magblade, fits just fine into the whole blood magic thing they got going on, with being the head of a lich and all, does okay dps, like 2k dps, like 3-5% of my dps in most fights in pve, not everyone cares about getting 40k dps, I get around 25-30k on my magblade, (to be honest too, that is mostly I am bad at light attack weaving and the spectral bow needs to have that skill to get the most out of it, I only manage 2 per cast most of the time) and that is just fine for the content I run and I look great doing it.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 16, 2017 10:33AM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tyrion87 I use nerienith on my magblade, fits just fine into the whole blood magic thing they got going on, with being the head of a lich and all, does okay dps, like 2k dps, like 3-5% of my dps in most fights in pve, not everyone cares about getting 40k dps, I get around 25-30k on my magblade, (to be honest too, that is mostly I am bad at light attack weaving and the spectral bow needs to have that skill to get the most out of it, I only manage 2 per cast most of the time) and that is just fine for the content I run and I look great doing it.

Well, that's the issue. Wouldn't Nerieneth be more viable for any pve content (like Grothdarr for example) if it had max magicka instead of max health? Wouldn't you want to have this max magicka bonus and at the same time put a health enchant on one of your armor pieces if needed? This way the set would be more versatile...
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

Well, that's the issue. Wouldn't Nerieneth be more viable for any pve content (like Grothdarr for example) if it had max magicka instead of max health? Wouldn't you want to have this max magicka bonus and at the same time put a health enchant on one of your armor pieces if needed? This way the set would be more versatile...

Enchants have smaller values than set bonuses. So one enchant on big piece would not be enough to full cover lost health set bonus.

It would be better like you stated, but only if enchants and set bonuses were equalized.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Enchants have smaller values than set bonuses. So one enchant on big piece would not be enough to full cover lost health set bonus.

It would be better like you stated, but only if enchants and set bonuses were equalized.

Infused large piece is really comparable. And if you need so much health in pve, you can enchant more than one piece. For you it would be no loss in overall health/magicka points. But many other people, who like to stack mag stat, would start using it. Personally I have no health bonuses from sets or enchants and I'm perfectly fine, even in vet trials hm or vMA environments.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Infused large piece is really comparable. And if you need so much health in pve, you can enchant more than one piece. For you it would be no loss in overall health/magicka points. But many other people, who like to stack mag stat, would start using it. Personally I have no health bonuses from sets or enchants and I'm perfectly fine, even in vet trials hm or vMA environments.

This might suprise you but I have more than one toon. I have three mag dps that I share sets between. Instead of wasting inventory space with multiple versions of the same sets, I shuffle the sets around and not all of them need the extra health. Some are just fine with no health enchants.

You say you are perfectly fine with no health enchants, what race are you? What class? What sets are you wearing? Do you use a ward? All these need to be looked at before you can just make a blanket statement of "it is fine for me, therefore it is fine for you".
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 16, 2017 11:58AM
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfxspice wrote: »
    skoria is fine, Nerein'eth just needs the proc chance upped to 20-25% or it needs to be changed to proc off something else.

I think the proc chance is fine on it. Have you tried it with growing swarm? I wouldn't complain if they buffed it, anything to not be forced to use force pulse but, whatever I would prob still end up using it depending on class or what I am doing.
    Xbox One Na
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see it as a sustain bonus since it allows you to use Whichmother's Potent Brew and still hit 17K+ health in 5/1/1 setup.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |