The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PVPERS*

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say, stop this 30day nonsense.. 1 guy on each side hold the emperor for 30days and no chance for anybody else to reach his AP...

2 7days campaings for CP and 2 7days campaings for no-CP would be much more fair!

But true, we need to push other campaings. Vivec is just laggy... i really dont enjoy to zerg guys down to death for 50-200 AP i get only..
    Edited by DeHei on October 16, 2017 7:58PM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Well, you've got to lead by example.

Just saying "we as a community yadda yadda feelgood QUEUE SHOR" doesn't mean ***. People want to PVP and if there is no PVP in Shor then people will not go to Shor. That means you may have many a boring night where you fight the same 2-3 people over and over and over because there is nothing else. It will eventually catch on, but it won't just 'happen'.

100%. People should think of Shor as an investment.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Well, you've got to lead by example.

Just saying "we as a community yadda yadda feelgood QUEUE SHOR" doesn't mean ***. People want to PVP and if there is no PVP in Shor then people will not go to Shor. That means you may have many a boring night where you fight the same 2-3 people over and over and over because there is nothing else. It will eventually catch on, but it won't just 'happen'.

2-3 people? That's a zerg in Kastav.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter at all how many campaigns there are, just look at the PvP double AP events. At one point vivec had a queue over 1000 whilst 2 campaigns were nearly empty and the last had maybe a 30 man queue. Pugs just robot the auto campaign. The best solution is simply not have an auto campaign and reset from there
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its cause so many players need a zerg to surf for pvp, they can only play where there is zergs E.G. Vivec
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The few times I have been in Shor lately it seems to come down to which faction actually showed up that night. You wind up with a very small population of randoms coming to where the fight is to meet the one guild that decided to run Shor at that moment with a nice organized group. I prefer the middling size fights I guess when it does happen but if Im going to run into a zerg, I supposed I'd like to also have a zerg get my back.

That said; if we can somehow get just a moderate amount of people to shor away from Vivec to where it is just healthy fighting and the less zergyness of Vivec; I'd be all for it. Will try to go there from now on, but I do live in the land of no fun where I have been working a lot both at the office and at home lately.
    Edited by technohic on October 17, 2017 12:40PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of 7 day campaign only events and maybe better 7 day rewards would fill the other campaigns.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor had a trifecta of pledged guilds to "INVEST" in it at go-live date.

DC: Requiem 6-12 man

EP: Bruma City Council 4-8 man (not sure they were under that alias at that time but their forum representatives advocated for Shor more than i did at the live date)
    Dreadlords 6-20 man - no forum representative that has been vocal, but they provided a semi-consistent generally dominant presence on the server

AD: DEAD WAIT 3-6 man (they are still there but not consistently and their forum representative ( @Durham ) has gone radio silent (we miss you bud, I like @Takuto too though)

So there you have it. Out of the three guilds listed, Req also had the most inexperienced and newest team meaning: we hadnt been playing with each other for YEARS aside from maybe 4-5 of us due to a split that occurred in Nov of 16 so i had to rebuild through my own sweat, hard work and iron will of persistence.

So what's everyone else's excuse?
    Edited by Rickter on October 17, 2017 4:38PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    The few times I have been in Shor lately it seems to come down to which faction actually showed up that night. You wind up with a very small population of randoms coming to where the fight is to meet the one guild that decided to run Shor at that moment with a nice organized group.

This is somewhat true, because there aren't enough guilds on Shor to necessarily have consistent fights each night, and the ones that are there every night tend to be very small or very, very small (Rusty Old Dragons, Dead Wait, Chaos Crew, For Real). The only guilds that seem to have a set raid schedule are Requiem (DC) and Outlanders (EP), and ironically Outlanders runs big groups the 2 nights Requiem isn't on.

BCC... all 12 or so of us... is scattered over the globe with varying schedules. We can only show up as an actual group when the stars align.

Mostly this is a prime time server right now. AD needs people the most -- one or two small guilds would be great. And DC needs some help weekends.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

EP: Bruma City Council 4-8 man (not sure they were under that alias at that time but their forum representatives advocated for Shor more than i did at the live date)
    Dreadlords 6-20 man - no forum representative that has been vocal, but they provided a semi-consistent generally dominant presence on the server

AD: DEAD WAIT 3-6 man (they are still there but not consistently and their forum representative ( @Durham ) has gone radio silent (we miss you bud, I like @Takuto too though)

So there you have it. Out of the three guilds listed, Req also had the most inexperienced and newest team meaning: we hadnt been playing with each other for YEARS aside from maybe 4-5 of us due to a split that occurred in Nov of 16 so i had to rebuild through my own sweat, hard work and iron will of persistence.

I don't have a good excuse.

I'm lazy. I'm impatient. I get bored easily. And I'm old enough that I already feel I've wasted enough of my life on idealistic hopes. I've sweated enough in my life that I don't want to be bothered doing that in what is supposed to be a leisure pursuit.

This doesn't mean I don't admire what you are trying to build. I do. It's just not for me. I've played the "off" server before and did not find the experience to be as fulfilling.

I'm going to log into Vivek because there is constant action, immediate gratification, different types of fights and not always against the same 30 people. While I have many criticisms about the game and its (lack of) development, I am not a masochist that chooses to subject myself to misery to derive some weird form of satisfaction. I log onto Vivek because more often than not, I do enjoy the experience. Because I enjoy it, I log into it. So, it a pattern that reinforces itself. Yes, I was part of the original Wabbajack campaign where the ESO habit of PvP concentration began.

For all it's flaws and frustrations, I have come to enjoy the Wabbajack-Dawnbreaker-Truflame-Vivek mass PvP server a lot more than the others. It is what it is. I may not be able to articulate why that is so in a manner that will convince you I am a rational or sane person, but I promise you I am not a robot, not someone obsessed with the CPs I "earned", not someone who passively accepts the "easy mode," not someone who hasn't experienced the alternatives, and not someone who is afraid of breaking a habit.

I can't speak for anyone else, though I do find it hard to believe 3+ years of consistent contraction of PvP players on a single server, despite the repeated attempts by ZoS and some dedicated members of the PvP community, is somehow random, a product of player ignorance, or is suggestive of something other that's how a lot of folks want to play.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Joy here .You can always find action on Vivec. Also personally I don't care about pvp politics I just want to pvp (all types of group sizes/types). i also don't find it fun to pvp with the same few people every fight. I even tend to abandon resources early even if I don't wipe because the same guys keep coming up to it over and over

On vivec I'm still ocassionally seeing brand new faces (at least for me) and sometimes I get REKT by that new face and I'm like who in the world is that....and it makes it exciting and still kind of fresh.
    Edited by Mazbt on October 17, 2017 7:30PM
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 day shor on PS4 is fantastic at certain times

This weekend saw a 5 hour battle at robeck trying to retain emp from both reds and blues

Totally outnumbered though it was fairly even numbers for each faction it was fun

And was how PvP should be in fact the whole weekend was a great weekend for PvP all 3 factions paying together at the same time providing real competitive PvP and all with out the lag of the zerg of vivec for the most part

Please don't force us into this 30 day lagfest of vivec by asking zos to close the 7 day campaigns

Instead ask them to add 4 hour challenge campaigns where you challenge two other teams and have 4 hours to see who gets more points...

Claiming emp should increase the score earned in this campaign to stop resource flipping to push one team out of the competition
    Edited by SugaComa on October 17, 2017 7:48PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm lazy. I'm impatient. I get bored easily. And I'm old enough that I already feel I've wasted enough of my life on idealistic hopes. I've sweated enough in my life that I don't want to be bothered doing that in what is supposed to be a leisure pursuit.

This doesn't mean I don't admire what you are trying to build. I do. It's just not for me. I've played the "off" server before and did not find the experience to be as fulfilling.

I'm going to log into Vivek because there is constant action, immediate gratification, different types of fights and not always against the same 30 people. While I have many criticisms about the game and its (lack of) development, I am not a masochist that chooses to subject myself to misery to derive some weird form of satisfaction. I log onto Vivek because more often than not, I do enjoy the experience. Because I enjoy it, I log into it. So, it a pattern that reinforces itself. Yes, I was part of the original Wabbajack campaign where the ESO habit of PvP concentration began.

For all it's flaws and frustrations, I have come to enjoy the Wabbajack-Dawnbreaker-Truflame-Vivek mass PvP server a lot more than the others. It is what it is. I may not be able to articulate why that is so in a manner that will convince you I am a rational or sane person, but I promise you I am not a robot, not someone obsessed with the CPs I "earned", not someone who passively accepts the "easy mode," not someone who hasn't experienced the alternatives, and not someone who is afraid of breaking a habit.

I can't speak for anyone else, though I do find it hard to believe 3+ years of consistent contraction of PvP players on a single server, despite the repeated attempts by ZoS and some dedicated members of the PvP community, is somehow random, a product of player ignorance, or is suggestive of something other that's how a lot of folks want to play.

I work long hours and my comute time is 1.5 hours each way. I'm not joining a dead campaign because I don't have time anymore to.

In fact, I'm so much more lazy, I couldn't stand Vivec and instead have been playing BGs more.

BGs have no lag, no performance issues, no zergs. Think about it; they did fix PvP but then locked it behind a dlc wall.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

I work long hours and my comute time is 1.5 hours each way. I'm not joining a dead campaign because I don't have time anymore to.

In fact, I'm so much more lazy, I couldn't stand Vivec and instead have been playing BGs more.

BGs have no lag, no performance issues, no zergs. Think about it; they did fix PvP but then locked it behind a dlc wall.

But BGs are a diluted form of PVP. In BGs, you have to worry about something other than defeating enemies by using your abilities to deplete their health bar. I don't want to run a ball around or capture a relic, I want to fight other players. Period. BGs dilute that experience by scoring me according to how well I and my team perform at activities other than fighting players.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Plenty of room for players in Shor, especially AD on the weekdays. But please don't bring your 16-24 plague doctor ball group.
    We had 10, and the EP we were trying to fight on Shor were in a tower hiding from us with 6-8 including emp?
    No plague doctor either. We then queued for Vivec since no one would fight us.

I challenged your raid lead for a 5 v 10 open field. Received nothing but boastful empty talk, and no acceptance of my challenge while you all cowered on your own resource(after I wiped half your group in Ash and you all retreated to drop a camp and cap the mine) with a siege line. And you talking a big game "no one would fight us" idk, your "organized" guild seemed very scared to fight us without the odds stacked in your favor... while blatantly outnumbering us... But... no one would fight you?

I played leap frog with your organized group as if you were NPCs for me to do a rotation on, and you all just rezzed up as fast as you died for another coordinated ult bomb. Easy. I felt like I was doing a skyreach run on you all. If you did not have free port at nikel, we would have wiped you there and then.

If you are going to make snide insinuations, at least make sure you aren't omitting important convenient details. :)

You can't be serious with this. We were in campaign literally 5 minutes before your salt started flowing. So you finally have a group show up on the server that you can't just blow through and this is how you treat them? Doesn't sound like to me that you actually want competitive fights on this server at all. You had several opportunities to "wipe" us and failed every time. If you took off the zerg goggles you would have noticed there were more EP at those fights than us. This is why you can't have nice things.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

But BGs are a diluted form of PVP. In BGs, you have to worry about something other than defeating enemies by using your abilities to deplete their health bar. I don't want to run a ball around or capture a relic, I want to fight other players. Period. BGs dilute that experience by scoring me according to how well I and my team perform at activities other than fighting players.

By this logic cyrodiil has no keeps, outposts or resources. Cyrodiil is also objective based (besides killing) despite many of us, including me, just going for kills in cyro.
    Edited by TBois on October 18, 2017 10:29PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Well no one has really given ZoS serious feedback on BGs. The forums are mostly pro-BG and anti-BG, with neither discussing ways to make PvP easily digestive but highly competitive.

For example, you instantly state that relics/ball fights mean you'll never actually conduct pure-PvP. But you kinda don't do that in cyro anyway. You either are on a seige in a keep to help kill huge zergs, running from zergs till you find 1-2 of them to fight (which is that 1v1 you'll find in BGs the entire time you are in one), gank, or ride horses. Out of all of that, how many times have you actually competitively pvp'd a player? Maybe guild vs guild this will be actual pvp, but I've seen some of them go after pug farms than guild vs guild.

You haven't actually pvp'd,and most have not as well. We just think we have and are. Cyro was at it's best when fights were everywhere, and even then you were still only conducting some aspect of competitive play.

Now for why BGs offer what you want:
    - you'll never find a stealth zerg. In fact, at most you'll find 8v4 as the outnumbered metric. Didn't we all agree PvP is best balanced for this size?
    - Relic fights, while you need to outpace the enemy team, is still about killing off players. The only time relic fights are dumb are when players follow your intent for PvP to be about pure-killing and start yoloing on the team that isn't in first letting the other team capture relics uncontested. Same for chaosball, if you don't 8v4 the team in first, it will be harder to have fun.
    - lag is basically gone in BGs. In fact the only time I experienced lag in a BG, was when cyro was so laggy I was feeling it for a minute in one fight. Didn't we agree lag removal to be number one priority?
    - many of us like our CP now that zos front loaded the system too help newer players. It still needs help balancing but that's not abgs problem.

How do you want to see BGs changed so you'd want to play them?
    Edited by Minno on October 18, 2017 11:25PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    You must be talking about Shor on NA. On EU its too easy to farm emp there. LoL i had emp 3 times last campaign, me n my friend who was 2nd left to let a nice person get emp who never had it before. We rejoined, he overtook her and got emp on the last day. Campaign is a joke.