The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

(NA) RIP SOTHA SIL, Goodbye no-cp pvp dream =(

• Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    yes the lack of new players is the issue. in the past there was always enough for a healthy exchange of players between campaigns, but no longer. now its dead af. There are alot of reasons why this had happened but its also because of a certain player i dont wanna name.

The one who shall remained unnamed.

Dont worry you weren't the one man, Ive had some of the best fights ever verses your elite grp and its followers. you actually made people want to fight and it kept the server alive, ask anyone in DR about the Fengrush war that **** was lit af. ill never forget the battle of Freddy Mecury good times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0dCsXYl6ow
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    December/January was the height of Sotha Sil PCNA. Good fights, good emps. Now Sotha is a burned out husk, full of self proclaimed 1vXers who zerg. What a change.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was the maturity level dori, those ad 1vXers are so toxic and they freely admit to zerging which goes against the 1vX cause.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    It's not a good sign that non cp is dead. It means that ZOS is not recruiting new pvp players. Remember, non cp was supposed to be the gap between low cp post lvl 50 and max cp players in Vivec. Remember all those people whining about cp gap pre morrowind? My theory is now all those players have reached max cp and graduated from non cp campaign and there hasn't been a backfill of fresh new players. + the balance changes to cp in morrowind has become more appealing to people.

Zos will never kill no cp. they will always need a place for potential new players to go to avoid the cp gap.

it's more the game itself is dying. since the morrowind update ESO is so uncompetitive there's just no reason to take PvP or PvE seriously, players are leaving.
    Edited by Lucky28 on October 12, 2017 9:31PM
    Invictus
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could say all the low CP players are in battlegrounds but I rarely see someone who's not capped in their.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last week of PvP ? I work shifts, so this week my play time was 11am pst for a couple of hours and 11pm pst for a couple of hours.

- Go into less than level 50 pvp. Slow, no groups, no talk. Leave
    - Port into no CP over 50. Slow, no groups, no talk. Leave
    - Port into CP campaign. Busier, but no groups, no talk. Log out

Been a fun week
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    Send the excess AD to Vivec we have the loses population always - Would love to see how AD fairs with equal numbers for the remaining days of the campaign.
    Cropsford Mayor
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mickydanz wrote: »
    Send the excess AD to Vivec we have the loses population always - Would love to see how AD fairs with equal numbers for the remaining days of the campaign.

Thats odd, AD is seriously under represented on Shor as well. . .

Weren/t they the most populated faction at launch? what happened to all the AD pvpers?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was an AD player at launch but it was so toxic i joined EP, ep is the most friendly faction by far IMO. AD is full of Toxic Teenagers, and DC is full of elitist 1vX stream kids but ep has a nice balance.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People in low populated campaigns bear a heavier burden 'per player' when it comes to the amount of AP they need to spend on siege equipment and repair kits compared to the amount of AP spent 'per player' in high populated campaigns (Vivec).

When I tried to actively participate in a low population 7-day campaign, it drained most of my AP in a short amount of time. It was painfully obvious that I could not afford to participate in a low population campaign.

Sure, I could have saved AP by spending less on repair kits, but I saw little point in sieging a keep, only to leave it partially repaired, if that. And, as sad as it is, I'd rather deal with zergs, lag and loading screens if it means not having to spend the bulk of my time dealing with resource flipping merry-go-round'ers.

Suggestion:
    If the 7-day and non-CP 30-day campaign's 'rewards for the worthy' bags ALSO included siege equipment, forward camps, and a decent number of repair kits, you would probably see an increase in the number of people in those campaigns. Vivec doesn't need the war toys added to their reward bags because: a.) you can easily earn insane amounts of AP after just a few hours of being in that campaign; and b.) the war-toys is an incentive to draw people away from the pop locked campaign and into the low population ones.

Yea, some people will whine about how unfair this would be, but then again, no one would be forcing them to stay in a high population campaign either.
    Edited by Maryal on October 13, 2017 11:45PM
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a good sign that non cp is dead. It means that ZOS is not recruiting new pvp players. Remember, non cp was supposed to be the gap between low cp post lvl 50 and max cp players in Vivec. Remember all those people whining about cp gap pre morrowind? My theory is now all those players have reached max cp and graduated from non cp campaign and there hasn't been a backfill of fresh new players. + the balance changes to cp in morrowind has become more appealing to people.

Zos will never kill no cp. they will always need a place for potential new players to go to avoid the cp gap.

you forget the change that was made recently by ZOS. The adjusted the CP to be more front loaded with morrowind. The fact that the non-cp campaign is dead is a good sign that zos did it right. Max CP players no longer dominate pvp against low CP characters. you all should have seen this coming months ago.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mickydanz @Rickter Sotha Sil is absolutely awash with untold swarms of AD right now. They were even pop locked last night for awhile.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »

you forget the change that was made recently by ZOS. The adjusted the CP to be more front loaded with morrowind. The fact that the non-cp campaign is dead is a good sign that zos did it right. Max CP players no longer dominate pvp against low CP characters. you all should have seen this coming months ago.

Let's not over glorify the cp changes. While I think you are right to an extent, Tank meta cancer builds are running rampant in cp, and I'm not talking about the 70k shield wall that can't fight back. Look around you, people on forums are still complaining about cp and cancer builds. I think mostly The new player generation that was whining about being low cp and being able to compete against max cp players has all grown up and there hasn't been an influx of new pvp players to backfill.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if any of the pvp crowd want to come join us in pve land your certainly welcome, it’s a bit crowded over here at times but we can always squeeze in a few more :)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's not over glorify the cp changes. While I think you are right to an extent, Tank meta cancer builds are running rampant in cp, and I'm not talking about the 70k shield wall that can't fight back. Look around you, people on forums are still complaining about cp and cancer builds. I think mostly The new player generation that was whining about being low cp and being able to compete against max cp players has all grown up and there hasn't been an influx of new pvp players to backfill.

Just my two cents interjection here:

1) noCP dying off is not i dicative that zos isnt recruiting new players. In fact its the opposite. It was no secret that the vocal minority pushed noCP as competitve and the right way to pvp. These were typically streamers but they were all on board and zos tried it. It was in fact the majority of players that preferred the CP as it provided sense of progression and (possibly false) sense of “protection” as noCP npc etc can be very unforgiving.

2) unkillable tank meta existed in noCP as well. I remember being absolutely shocked by two members of <Super Dooper> that were just incredibly hard to kill weeks after the morrowind patch. What i did not see in noCP however, were the infinite roll dodge eternal hunt meta nightblades. For what its worth.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the begging of this year Sotha was doing really good but I think what started to kill Sotha was that certain guilds/players didn't understand that this campaign is not like vivec you can't go into sotha with a 20 man group at 5 am Est and find a good fight so instead they just pve all the keeps which in turn makes players want to leave the campaign because no one want to start out their pvp day taking back tri keeps.

Sotha Sil players and guilds need to stop doing this to encourage players to come back to this campaign and when we can get 2-3 bars every night for every faction new players will want to play in Sotha because they will see there is action here and not just a dead campaign
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

1) noCP dying off is not i dicative that zos isnt recruiting new players. In fact its the opposite. It was no secret that the vocal minority pushed noCP as competitve and the right way to pvp. These were typically streamers but they were all on board and zos tried it. It was in fact the majority of players that preferred the CP as it provided sense of progression and (possibly false) sense of “protection” as noCP npc etc can be very unforgiving.

2) unkillable tank meta existed in noCP as well. I remember being absolutely shocked by two members of <Super Dooper> that were just incredibly hard to kill weeks after the morrowind patch. What i did not see in noCP however, were the infinite roll dodge eternal hunt meta nightblades. For what its worth.

I play tanks on both formats and play with a few of the notorious troll tanks people mention with regards to how ridiculous tanking is on CP in both formats as well - the tools available for tanking builds on CP are extensive to the point of being asinine and what is achieveable on CP is certainly not on noCP. To suggest otherwise indicates you have no idea what is going on in PvP right now.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    I play tanks on both formats and play with a few of the notorious troll tanks people mention with regards to how ridiculous tanking is on CP in both formats as well - the tools available for tanking builds on CP are extensive to the point of being asinine and what is achieveable on CP is certainly not on noCP. To suggest otherwise indicates you have no idea what is going on in PvP right now.

now i never implied the contrary to the following statement: "what is achieveable on CP is certainly not on noCP." I merely stated my experience shortly after Morrowind patch. I havent run in noCP recently aside from battlegrounds, but i run into those builds in BGs too.

And honestly, I really do not know what is going in the world of "tanking" in pvp. I havent been a tank in any capacity since Homestead patch. And i have no shame in admitting that. I just saw what i saw in noCP, and a man sees what he sees. So im not sure why because im out of the loop in regards to one small portion of ESO pvp makes me out of the know to PvP entirely. Good day to you, sir.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

now i never implied the contrary to the following statement: "what is achieveable on CP is certainly not on noCP." I merely stated my experience shortly after Morrowind patch. I havent run in noCP recently aside from battlegrounds, but i run into those builds in BGs too.

And honestly, I really do not know what is going in the world of "tanking" in pvp. I havent been a tank in any capacity since Homestead patch. And i have no shame in admitting that. I just saw what i saw in noCP, and a man sees what he sees. So im not sure why because im out of the loop in regards to one small portion of ESO pvp makes me out of the know to PvP entirely. Good day to you, sir.

I'm actually convinced much of the changes we are seeing on the pts are with BGs in mind; cyro is probably seen as a huge failure in ZOS eyes. (Or the step child from the previous dev team that doesn't want to associate with anymore). Make sense too, why spend development resorces on PvP you know people are not paying for when Morrowind paid for a lag free, relatively balanced PvP mode.

Also Rin and I spent a majority of tonight in BGs, and we had a good couple of fun fights with pug/organized teams before entire teams of "tanks" entered. Those tanks we're worse than CP cyro tanks.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sotha seems to have picked up recently, but outside of peak hours its still either dead and/or dominated by one faction.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on my work schedule I at times get to play during off hours US Prime Time. I see the morning population picking up over the past 2 weeks approximately. There are still times when the server appears slow but it is good to see the morning crew coming back for EP and AD, I would go as far to say that we need some DC to help even out the factions. However, the populations still register one bar across the board.
    I would say imho the biggest issue besides load screens and what appears to be over all server slowness is the more experienced players taking a break from the game. It isn't just new people we need it is the experienced players that we need to help the newer players learn the game. You can only learn so much without asking someone questions about the game and updated information isn't always available through web searches. I have of late come to understand why people are asking for a Cyrodiil update. For 4 years we have fought over the same keeps & outposts, adding the cities were a welcomed change but I feel we need something more in Cyrodiil itself, not just BG's. BGs are good but there is nothing like running around not knowing who or how many you will run into and seeing what you can do against them. Win or loose it is about the fight. I also feel that while ZOS has listened some to small scale players and favors large scale pvp, people have forgotten the mid-scale guilds and players who prefer the approximately half raid size and I feel this needs to be addressed. Thanks for reading.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it was great while it lasted but sotha sil is finished. Its population is gone and with it the PVP. If there is anyone left on sotha sil, maybe they can migrate to Shor and see what happens. Until then however, congrats Vivec, your the last populated pvp campaign (that is not non-vet).

Are you going to blame me for Sotha as well, Pug?
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    There are dark rumors....I have heard in the various dive bars I inhabit....or the return of some dark lord. Some specter of the past waiting for the proper time to breath life back into Sotha.
    Some say his shadow is growing. I can't say for sure. But he is the Lord of the Shadows after all.....
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • Phreeki
    Phreeki
    ✭✭✭
    Zander98 wrote: »
    There are dark rumors....I have heard in the various dive bars I inhabit....or the return of some dark lord. Some specter of the past waiting for the proper time to breath life back into Sotha.
    Some say his shadow is growing. I can't say for sure. But he is the Lord of the Shadows after all.....

Zane....where haz you gone.........
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phreeki wrote: »

He has to go to dark hidden places to follow the rumors of the dark Lord rising from the shadows.
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭

I’ve heard similar rumors in similar bars.
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭

In all fairness Sooper Dooper was a guild made up of 10 or so people all of whom I at least consider very good at the game and are typically hard to kill regardless of cp or non cp. Unkillable tanks definitely exist in non cp as most of the mechanics that support this play style can still be achieved in a non cp environment. CP however allows you to further push the limits of these builds to some pretty extraordinary extents. Alas, Sooper Dooper is no more as my attention for creating and maintains guilds lasts for about a single night.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikmak wrote: »

In all fairness Sooper Dooper was a guild made up of 10 or so people all of whom I at least consider very good at the game and are typically hard to kill regardless of cp or non cp. Unkillable tanks definitely exist in non cp as most of the mechanics that support this play style can still be achieved in a non cp environment. CP however allows you to further push the limits of these builds to some pretty extraordinary extents. Alas, Sooper Dooper is no more as my attention for creating and maintains guilds lasts for about a single night.

yeah i wasnt trying to call anyone out or anything, I was just trying to say that i mean it was like a few days after the morrowind patch when these "omg the sky is falling sustain!" changes had come and we were on noCP and still took far more than we were expecting to kill one of them.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    Phreeki wrote: »

If the Lord of Shadows calls you will see me again.
    That campaign is soon to flip also...
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if any of the pvp crowd want to come join us in pve land your certainly welcome, it’s a bit crowded over here at times but we can always squeeze in a few more :)

I do both things quite heavily and when I'm tired of getting steam rolled in pvp nothing better than going into my favourite zone and farm mats...
    Edited by Mazbt on October 18, 2017 7:03PM
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others