The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone that does delves in cyrodiil just see other factions and just want to leave them alone?

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was clearing delves one day on my AD. Along comes an EP and we camp the last boss, he spawns and we kill it together. Problem is, a trash mob spawns after the Boss Fight and I attack it just as the EP gets between me and the mob. Well, I immediately say I am sorry and hold Block. The EP starts pew pewing me. I figure, well, just take the death, no big deal based on where I was in the map (real close to my Alliance Base). But after about 8 hits, I am still at 40% health, I think, no way is this scrub taking me out. I crank up my shields and surge and 3 shot him.

As I walked away, I said in chat, "I said I was sorry, enjoy the long walk back" Note he may very well have respawned at the beginning of the delve, I don't know. But it made fell better knowing that they had to run all the way back from their base.

It was also my first ever player kill in the game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I was clearing delves one day on my AD. Along comes an EP and we camp the last boss, he spawns and we kill it together. Problem is, a trash mob spawns after the Boss Fight and I attack it just as the EP gets between me and the mob. Well, I immediately say I am sorry and hold Block. The EP starts pew pewing me. I figure, well, just take the death, no big deal based on where I was in the map (real close to my Alliance Base). But after about 8 hits, I am still at 40% health, I think, no way is this scrub taking me out. I crank up my shields and surge and 3 shot him.

As I walked away, I said in chat, "I said I was sorry, enjoy the long walk back" Note he may very well have respawned at the beginning of the delve, I don't know. But it made fell better knowing that they had to run all the way back from their base.

It was also my first ever player kill in the game.

I've wondered if you put in say can they see that?
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    I typically go by the philosophy of if you don't engage me I don't engage you by general rule when doing skyshard hunting general non pvp stuff like questing and whatnot in cyrodiil. I sometimes go in delves and I would see other players trying to do the bosses, they are from other factions and I would leave them alone overall, I've left others alone without engaging them. Just peacefully wait for them to leave. But as soon as they engage me I would agro all the enemies to me and utilize the npc enemies into helping me boost and keep myself alive and in a lack of better words utilize them to kill the people that tried to attack me. I've not died once because of this and easily overwhelm anyone I have tried this with. All while having certain enemies like trolls around me that are in between me and the human player so they can't easily get a target on me. Keeping stuff like reviving barrier always going on as well, direfrost's monster set and the resto staff ward ally too just in case. All while every 15 or so seconds doing the radiant aura so I never run out of magicka. But I am not sure why but I find it a bit numbing to kill other players.

I just do Cyrodil Delves on low pop servers late at night. That's also what I do whenever I want to farm Telvar in IC as well.

With overland by far the worst thing for me is the "commute" and getting into enemy controlled areas to begin with.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/say, /yell, and /zone are all faction locked in Cyrodiil, I believe. You'd have to whisper them to get cross-faction communication.

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/say, /yell, and /zone are all faction locked in Cyrodiil, I believe. You'd have to whisper them to get cross-faction communication.

Thought so
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waving, dancing and, or having an impressive heavily armored appearance will normally save you from having to battle every single person you come across away from keeps, outposts and resources...

it's funny - the only character I have whom hasn't been repeatedly jumped in cyrodiil is my orc - whom always looks ready to scrap...folks have always tended to just let him be when he's away from the action...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I had whispered, maybe I didn't....

Oh well.....It was my first and only Player Kill.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you from personal experience, if you see a lone player in his/her underwear fishing right in front of one of your alliance gates, it's a TRAP ...
    biggrin.gif

But yeah, if i'm running a Cyrodiil dungeon, i always leave other players alone unless they attack me.

And if you really want to confuse people, do dungeon/skyshard runs with a group of people from all 3 factions.
    I swear, i can see the puzzled look on other players faces.
    shades.gif
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I try to bow or kneel, they are pretty visible /emotes that let the other player(s) know that I'm not looking for a fight (at the moment anyway). Learned it from having folks do it to/for me.

This. My pvp character is pretty tanky, so I can just block or sheathe my weapons and do emotes until the other person realizes I’m not hostile lol
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing delves in Cyrodiil with my squishy thief/assassin character who could pass undetected all enemy mobs so I could quickly reach just the delve bosses when players from enemy factions must have struggled with all the mobs in path :). That also means you are more safe because attacking a boss alone from stealth in a delve when you have many hostile mobs around, they become your guards against enemy players :)
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I can tell you from personal experience, if you see a lone player in his/her underwear fishing right in front of one of your alliance gates, it's a TRAP ...
    biggrin.gif

But yeah, if i'm running a Cyrodiil dungeon, i always leave other players alone unless they attack me.

And if you really want to confuse people, do dungeon/skyshard runs with a group of people from all 3 factions.
    I swear, i can see the puzzled look on other players faces.
    shades.gif

I've done that and it was 'all good' until we got hit by a DC zerg. Then our DC buddy jumped ship and joined DC to keep from getting killed. He did rez us afterwards, though.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually enjoy fishing in the delves. It is a fun and interesting place to fight besides the open fields of cyro. Plus all the npcs are fun to fight around
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP. I will attack you. One of us is going down. I will attack even if I know I can't win.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    PVP. I will attack you. One of us is going down. I will attack even if I know I can't win.

If I could use a memento in pvp cyrodiil I will likely bury you with flowers after you are dead.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    As a DC toon I spent three days right outside the Gate of Mnem and had many AD come up to me. Many danced, many played around. None attacked or fished where I was fishing. It's an unwritten rule that you don't mess with others that are Adventuring or working on achievements.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a war zone and basically a you or me kind of situation.
    You never know if they got friends or whatever. Just kill the guy.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a DC toon I spent three days right outside the Gate of Mnem and had many AD come up to me. Many danced, many played around. None attacked or fished where I was fishing. It's an unwritten rule that you don't mess with others that are Adventuring or working on achievements.

It's nice to see that someone in DC has honor. When I was fishing outside the Gate of Mnem, AD did indeed leave me alone but 3 DC snuck up behind me and killed me before I even knew they were there. In fact, every time I've been killed while fishing or delving, it has been by DC people.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

It's nice to see that someone in DC has honor. When I was fishing outside the Gate of Mnem, AD did indeed leave me alone but 3 DC snuck up behind me and killed me before I even knew they were there. In fact, every time I've been killed while fishing or delving, it has been by DC people.

I'm pretty sure if I saw someone fishing I probably would run up on them but do so in a peaceful manner. Probably jump or something.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭

That's what I wonder is /zone chat faction locked? Because yesterday I asked to join a group in zonechat and as soon as I got an invite and I accepted I got the message I couldn't join the group since that group leader was from a different faction.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »

That's what I wonder is /zone chat faction locked? Because yesterday I asked to join a group in zonechat and as soon as I got an invite and I accepted I got the message I couldn't join the group since that group leader was from a different faction.

I don't think you should have had that happen...
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Mallow
    Mallow
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a PVE completionist and I have one last boss (Razorback) to kill for the Explorer achieve. If you see a derpy sorc named Mallow in Bloodmayne please, for the love of God, let me kill the boss and then you can murder me. :P
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mallow wrote: »
    I'm a PVE completionist and I have one last boss (Razorback) to kill for the Explorer achieve. If you see a derpy sorc named Mallow in Bloodmayne please, for the love of God, let me kill the boss and then you can murder me. :P

Helpful hint about how delve bosses work in cyrodiil, to trick a particular boss you want to show up, don't be anywhere near it, keep in mind it is like a sort of four sided box, any particular one you want to be? Be on the opposite side If it is north then be south, if it is east then be west, but try to keep yourself in between other bosses to help this. If a delve has two bosses wait over at the other boss you already have and wait like 5 minutes. Then check up on the missing boss.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does that work, the Cyrodiil bosses? Do they only spawn if you're not looking, or something? This thread is not giving me too much hope that I'll be able to be completionist with delves, but I might feel up to trying some night when everyone's in bed, so I'd better know about the bosses.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    How does that work, the Cyrodiil bosses? Do they only spawn if you're not looking, or something? This thread is not giving me too much hope that I'll be able to be completionist with delves, but I might feel up to trying some night when everyone's in bed, so I'd better know about the bosses.

Basically you don't want to be waiting at the bosses spawn area, you want to be away and there is ways to trick certain ones to show up, if a delve only has two bosses it is easier, just wait over at the one you already have for like 5 or so minutes. Then proceed to the boss you want.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »

I don't know what was going on there, because /zone chat in Cyrodiil is faction locked. Otherwise, you'd never see groups calling out movements or which keeps are being attacked in zone and it would be nothing but people yelling insults at the other factions.

• Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all the achievements for delve bosses in Cyrodiil. You don't really need any fancy understanding of how it works. Just know this. If there are two bosses listed in the achievements, then only one of them will probably be up when you go in. Kill it. Then go look at the other spot. If boss isn't there, go back to first boss and kill it again.

Repeat as necessary.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's an unwritten rule that you don't mess with others that are Adventuring or working on achievements.

Oops...

In seriousness though, ever since the time, as a freshly graduated from the sub 50 campaign naif, I did the honorable thing by not engaging an "adventurer" and then got curbstomped by his six friends who were lurking nearby - I hit anyone/everyone with a shield over their head.

And I fully expect others to do the same to me, it's a PVP zone.

[edited to add: I would have gotten curbstomped in either case, but at least I wouldn't have felt like a chump]

Edited by anadandy on November 9, 2017 5:05PM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I have all the achievements for delve bosses in Cyrodiil. You don't really need any fancy understanding of how it works. Just know this. If there are two bosses listed in the achievements, then only one of them will probably be up when you go in. Kill it. Then go look at the other spot. If boss isn't there, go back to first boss and kill it again.

Repeat as necessary.

Some delves have more than 2 bosses. You have to be far away from the boss you want to trick to come up again, or you will not see it show up and you are wondering why you spent all day long and still can't get that boss to show up. I've tested the tactic with others, it works. Just takes a lot longer than I can make a video for it though : /
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when I was leveling my warden who was about level 16 at the time and I was collecting skyshards in Crackwood, I think, and I was on Vivec so I could use my CP. Just as I finished getting the shard, an EP player entered and attacked. I fought for a while before he killed me. He saluted my dead body and whispered me that he was impressed that a level 16 was in Vivec and could fight. I pointed out that I was maxed in CP. We had a very nice conversation via whisper.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I just realized my way of knowing someone just wants to be peaceful is if they jump in place, don't have to be close, just jump enough times to let me know.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)