The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Anyone that does delves in cyrodiil just see other factions and just want to leave them alone?

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
I typically go by the philosophy of if you don't engage me I don't engage you by general rule when doing skyshard hunting general non pvp stuff like questing and whatnot in cyrodiil. I sometimes go in delves and I would see other players trying to do the bosses, they are from other factions and I would leave them alone overall, I've left others alone without engaging them. Just peacefully wait for them to leave. But as soon as they engage me I would agro all the enemies to me and utilize the npc enemies into helping me boost and keep myself alive and in a lack of better words utilize them to kill the people that tried to attack me. I've not died once because of this and easily overwhelm anyone I have tried this with. All while having certain enemies like trolls around me that are in between me and the human player so they can't easily get a target on me. Keeping stuff like reviving barrier always going on as well, direfrost's monster set and the resto staff ward ally too just in case. All while every 15 or so seconds doing the radiant aura so I never run out of magicka. But I am not sure why but I find it a bit numbing to kill other players.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will also add that enemies I would agro would also attack the people that are trying to attack me as well if they are within closer range to them. So pretty much throw javelins to make them fly and just run over to them making the npc enemies follow suit.
    When they are dead I don't desecrate them with some kind of vulgar action (pretty sure you know which ones I mean without me stating)... not something I would do. But what I would do is give a bow of respect, and then try to remember their gt so I message them letting them know I was going to leave them alone so they know next time about the engage philosophy of mine.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also never engage other players when they are doing delves unless they attack first. It's some gentlemen's courtesy.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I try to bow or kneel, they are pretty visible /emotes that let the other player(s) know that I'm not looking for a fight (at the moment anyway). Learned it from having folks do it to/for me.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is Cyrodil and it is at war, what you expect?
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

Them trying to attack me in a delve full of monsters and such really doesn't keep them alive. I just agro the enemies and they boost me. Really can't die even with having defile set on me either.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any time that I have encountered enemy players in Cyrodiil delves, they have always attacked me! Why can't I run into nice people like you, OP? I never attack first when I run into other questers, skyshards hunters, or delvers but I always wind up having to defend myself.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Any time that I have encountered enemy players in Cyrodiil delves, they have always attacked me! Why can't I run into nice people like you, OP? I never attack first when I run into other questers, skyshards hunters, or delvers but I always wind up having to defend myself.

Just know how to make crowd control boost me is all, there is certain builds with templars that work in that manner.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually leave people alone in obviously non-PVP activities, sure. Especially if we're both solo and you don't seem to want to fight. The biggest exception to this is if you happen to surprise or startle me, it's just reflex to attack yellow or blue shields.

On the other hand, if I've killed the delve boss and gotten my buff, and you're between me and the exit anyway, attacking you is at worst a fast port back to a keep. :p
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainraven wrote: »
    I usually leave people alone in obviously non-PVP activities, sure. Especially if we're both solo and you don't seem to want to fight. The biggest exception to this is if you happen to surprise or startle me, it's just reflex to attack yellow or blue shields.

On the other hand, if I've killed the delve boss and gotten my buff, and you're between me and the exit anyway, attacking you is at worst a fast port back to a keep. :p

Never thought of it that way but then again a friend asked me to kill them so that they could leave pvp cyrodiil to help someone else in a dungeon.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends, if they are low level - ill probably leave them be. If they are CP cap ill normally fight. Otherwise you are letting the enemy get a AP boost from killing the boss and boost their score, which works against your alliance.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It depends, if they are low level - ill probably leave them be. If they are CP cap ill normally fight. Otherwise you are letting the enemy get a AP boost from killing the boss and boost their score, which works against your alliance.

I have seen a lot of max cp people that did not complete the delves throughout cyrodiil that struggle to actually be able to finish them because they don't understand how the boss spawns work for delves... boss spawns in cyrodiil delves are different than everywhere else.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are, like anything you just have to learn. However either way if they kill the boss, they are boosting AP for their alliance. Letting them do it doesn't help my Alliance - its a war.

I was stomped repeatedly when I first came to Cyro on my PvE build to get lore books / skyshards etc, and it made me study PvP to get better at it. I'm glad of those experiences as it drive me on.

I'll be kind if its a low level player on the whole, but high CP, enemy is enemy.

I once helped a low level DC player and AD player clear the arena in Imp City, as it was late and server was dead and they kept failing. So I understand what you mean about help, but helping the enemy alliance boost their score just feels disloyal to me.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are, like anything you just have to learn. However either way if they kill the boss, they are boosting AP for their alliance. Letting them do it doesn't help my Alliance - its a war.

I was stomped repeatedly when I first came to Cyro on my PvE build to get lore books / skyshards etc, and it made me study PvP to get better at it. I'm glad of those experiences as it drive me on.

I'll be kind if its a low level player on the whole, but high CP, enemy is enemy.

I once helped a low level DC player and AD player clear the arena in Imp City, as it was late and server was dead and they kept failing. So I understand what you mean about help, but helping the enemy alliance boost their score just feels disloyal to me.

Can't say I will always agree
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

That like any other war; every person is not at war with every other person. Just because some goons somewhere wanna fight over some empty buildings doesn't mean everyone wants to fight everyone in the entire region.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Pshhhht when I stop seeing top PVPers with chars in all alliances, I will worry about 'poo poo my awwiance poo poo' stuff.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

I'm the same; unless someone kicks off with me I will leave them to it.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not my faction it's KOS regardless of level or activity.

Welcome to the alliance war. :sunglasses:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Just don't bite more than you can chew :3
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »

Happens all the time, I are bad at the Pee vee Pee.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »

Happens all the time, I are bad at the Pee vee Pee.

Watch that potty mouth or they might smell where you hide when you go afk from your system/computer : P
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    It all depends. If I see a low level clearly pve player of an opposite faction I won't kill them whether they are in a delve or not.
    If however the player has a decent pvp rank and is max level? Fair game!
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was trying to clear the delves in Cyrodiil, I got killed plenty of times, by groups of other players who were there to get the buff, or lone players who were also hunting achievements, and although I'd expect a temporary cease-fire in this kind of instances, I wasn't surprised that people were so quick to kill me without provocation - it is still within a PvP area (though some consideration for those who are there just to clear the PvE content, would certainly be welcome). The only exception was an EP player who was also trying to kill the bosses in a delve for the achievement; I hid, and messaged them if we could have a truce, because a) I just wanted to clear the delve, and b) I'm bad at PvP'ing anyway, and they were really nice about it. They even messaged a second EP player that wandered into the delve to leave me alone - it was a Cyrodiil miracle! :)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drazkyth wrote: »
    It all depends. If I see a low level clearly pve player of an opposite faction I won't kill them whether they are in a delve or not.
    If however the player has a decent pvp rank and is max level? Fair game!

Yeah I think that might matter as well. Well maybe, I dunno... that would probably likely get me to engage but it is still mostly a engage me and I engage back sort of thing. At the same time if I am in a delve in cyrodiil it is ill advised to attack me if I can use my surrounding to boost me, that and I am aware of inevitable detonation so that won't work as well on me since I know it and the mark it gives.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    I usually before going in PVP war (keeps, flags) go to some random delve to get an AP boost. I leave the Players alone as for me the Delve is not the appropriate place for war. It is a code and it is true that not so many people has it.

There is something called "Jus ad bellum" or the law of war!!!

"civilized" nations were supposed to wage war in a "civilized" manner

p.s. but its only the game and we all just need some fun right :wink:
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually before going in PVP war (keeps, flags) go to some random delve to get an AP boost. I leave the Players alone as for me the Delve is not the appropriate place for war. It is a code and it is true that not so many people has it.

There is something called "Jus ad bellum" or the law of war!!!

"civilized" nations were supposed to wage war in a "civilized" manner

p.s. but its only the game and we all just need some fun right :wink:

I've found that me defending sejanus outpost solo for like an hour and 20 or 30 minutes got me loads of ap though >.>
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Armatesz while I get where you are coming from, it is a security issue to leave them unattended to. If I'm doing a delve and I see opposing faction member roaming around in there, it's a simple case of I better strike before they strike. I can only assume that their most likely reason for being here is because they also PVP and will not think twice about doing me in. Why would I give up the element of surprise?

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Armatesz while I get where you are coming from, it is a security issue to leave them unattended to. If I'm doing a delve and I see opposing faction member roaming around in there, it's a simple case of I better strike before they strike. I can only assume that their most likely reason for being here is because they also PVP and will not think twice about doing me in. Why would I give up the element of surprise?

Well I can say my safety is me hanging kinda within range of a bunch of trash mobs.You would be surprised at how hearty trolls are... especially in cyrodiil. Case in point 3 people get scared when they realize I just agro'd all enemies near me and I am using them as both a shield and a way to boost myself.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the tactic, but it works both ways as you can struggle to LOS them and NPCs hit you too. Why not just kill em?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the tactic, but it works both ways as you can struggle to LOS them and NPCs hit you too. Why not just kill em?
    Well having npcs is really just for a sort of resource sort of thing and frankly I don't see anyone really able to kill me when I do the tactic right. 1v3 and I use the trash mobs to help me in an assortment of ways. It can be an interesting turn of events when they realize I agro'd all enemies purposefully. Then again I have made others think I was a nightblade and I changed up and they realized I am a templar doing this. My biggest fear is someone is going to be a sorc and have me pinned down as well as try inevitable detonation when I am pinned and for good measures try to disable my ability to cast magic. All of this from 3 people mind you. Doing this I don't think I can easily defend against this sort of thing.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would leave ppl alone in a cyro dungeon unless they engage me - fight with honor don’t bully.