The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

BIS SETUPS FOR PVE AND PVP - CRAFTED SETS

• Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before. I'd like to see Arena weapon enchant mats drop from trials and allow us to make those weapon enchants ourselves.

I've no problem with BiS gear being crafted so long as the mats drop from the hardest content.
  • PurpleDrank
    PurpleDrank
    ✭✭✭
    Riejael wrote: »
    I've said it before. I'd like to see Arena weapon enchant mats drop from trials and allow us to make those weapon enchants ourselves.

I've no problem with BiS gear being crafted so long as the mats drop from the hardest content.

This is along the lines of what I'd like to see. Have all the trials, dungeons and pvp drop various materials, then let crafters craft. Everyone wins.Crafters feel needed and there's a reason to grind instances.
    Edited by PurpleDrank on October 4, 2017 11:29AM
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    A 50/50 split between crafted and dropped gear is not BiS for ALL classes and roles. Full crafted gear is not BiS, anyway.

There's the trial jewelry, the trial gear, the monster helms, shoulders, vma weapons, etc... there's the reward for content you wanted.

It's a good balance. You might as well also complain that gear, any gear, can be sold and bought off traders. In fact, sounds like you want a Tamriel where everything is BoP... for what? So you can shine as some MMO God? Because now only .1% of the community can even begin to match your power? Because you're the grind-lord? I don't get it. So what if a new character manages to buy/make half the gear it needs, they still need to grind all the other stuff mentioned above! I don't understand your problem with this concept at all.

Mixing craftable and dropped makes for a lot of variation in playstyles and builds. Makes it a lot easier and less time-consuming to try new/different set-ups. That's a good thing, why you gotta go and want to ruin it. Stop.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thinking about this a little more, its true that most sets that drop from trials are useless for DPS:

Aether Destruction is just... Terrible.

Infallible Aether (and the worse version of this set) is just useless since Lightning damage is a much easier way to apply Concussion aka Minor Vulnerability.

Mending good set for healers in certain situations.

Poisonous Serpent does 1.5k DPS. For a 5 piece this is terrible. I mean... An Infused Poison enchant or the Double Ravage health poisons do over 2.5k DPS each and you don't sacrfice a 5 piece set for them.

Ophidian Celerity is just a worse version of Vicious Serpent, thus rendering it completely useless.

Vicious Serpent: great set.

Two-Fanged: great set.

Eternal Yokeda/Advancing Yokeda: don't even get me started on this, so so useless.

Roar of Alkosh... Isn't used on DPS anymore (in certain groups its no longer used at all) and its now become more Tank gear rather than DPS gear.

Lunar Bastion is a worse version of Ebon. I'd put the Alkosh 5 piece bonus on this set and then have Alkosh do something more interesting DPS wise when activating a synergy.

Twilight Remedy is useless as well due to the fact that Stamina DDs get Minor Force from Trap and Magicka DDs get Minor Force from Guard. Beyond that: the duration is far too short.

Moondancer is good, but only in melee range, something that doesn't happen often for Magicka DDs nowadays since generally Magicka = Ranged. It also has slightly too much RNG to my taste for a endgame trial set.

War Machine: great set.

Master Architect: I want to say "great set" but the thing that stops me is that there are no Magicka DD ultimates that are cheap enough to use this set to full benefit aside from Soul Harvest and Sweep, both of which are melee, and Magicka DDs aren't melee nowadays.

Inventor's Guard: not a good set due to the fact that you only save the asses of 2 people in the group per ultimate use. That's not a good way to go about it. Plus something much more logical and consistent with a support role would be to attach a different damage or resource management buff to this set on ultimate use that can benefit more than 2 people.

Conclusion: most of the stamina sets are either BiS or BiS in certain situations. All the Magicka sets are bad, only 1 healer set is good and none of the tanking sets are good.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Twilight Remedy is useless as well due to the fact that Stamina DDs get Minor Force from Trap and Magicka DDs get Minor Force from Guard. Beyond that: the duration is far too short.

Moondancer is good, but only in melee range, something that doesn't happen often for Magicka DDs nowadays since generally Magicka = Ranged. It also has slightly too much RNG to my taste for a endgame trial set.
    Wut? Not every magicka DD will run trap, no room on skill bars, not to mention that it's unreliable since they might need to move away from whoever they are guarding. Sometimes I see a dps getting guard from a tank...

And how is moon dancer melee? Synergies can be used anywhere.

As for master architect - it simply has its uses. Magicka is ranged in fights where they can't be melee, because the number of melee spots is limited (like first fight in vMoL for example). Otherwise they can be in melee range.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very recent that a set of crafted gear worked great in dps builds. So for awhile most serious raiders equipped dropped gear exclusively so it has been for a great while what OP seems to be wanting.

Another aspect to consider is raiding gear hasn't necessarily been designed to be BiS like other games. Other MMOs I have seen were designed with tiered raiding gear that is BiS than anything and each tier was better than the previous. It was a great loss to not wear raid drops.

Zos Has avoided that specifically and it's probably a good idea. As such it will vary.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think having crafted gear as BIS is a good thing as it allows for more customization. I agree with your point, that BIS gear being as easy to get is wierd, but lets be honest, 90% of gear is very easy to get and with tranmutation coming even more so.
    I think having BIP sets as BIS would be cool, but then those should actually be challenging to get and should'n't involve ridiculous RNG.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Multiplayer games should be more inclusive, in my opinion. Having different gear sets for every activity is very exclusive, and is therefore inferior. Perhaps you enjoy chasing gear for every different activity, or maybe you only like one activity and you are salty about it not having better rewards than everyone else, I dont know.

I play for the content and would just as happily do it naked. I do like gear progression in moderation, but when it starts to dictate who and what I do and do not get to play with, it becomes irritating. Perhaps I am just more cooperative than competitive.
    Edited by Motherball on October 4, 2017 9:18PM
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BiS for a PVP setup is probably Shacklebreaker. It's one of the most versatile sets in the game, you can do a lot of combos with it, and it's one of my favorite sets in general. 4k stats, double recovery bonuses, double damage bonuses, has everything you'd want for a PVP build.

But, it also depends on what you're building. I still like Kagrenac on a magicka templar, that rez speed is just too good.

edit; Damn, I might have missed the point of the thread. I didn't bother to read tbh, just read the title. :)
    Edited by LegendaryMage on October 4, 2017 9:08PM
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    OP has a point.

It doesn't take anything to obtain crafted sets, and making crafted set pieces is not an accomplishment.

Obtaining rare drops is an accomplishment, whether you will want to admit it or not.

Obtaining dropped gear pieces is much harder than simply crafting them, so it does make sense for them to be better, and I would agree that crafted gear is currently too prevalent in the meta. A 50/50 ratio of crafted vs dropped is not correct, you people just always have to have everything be equal when really that isn't the way things work.

I am fine with seeing maybe 1-2 crafted sets in the meta, but no more than that.

I mean, if you aren't content with the way gear's done in this game, maybe you should just...find a different one? After all, it's for your own good, and I'm just trying to help. That's what you've been telling everyone else, right?

In all seriousness, and ire aside, I could not disagree with this idea more. If crafted sets were significantly weaker across the board, why even bother having them in the game? They're just taking up space.

"You people" seem to be operating based on games with a defined gear treadmill and non-scaling. Start with crafted gear, then overland/quest, then dungeon, then trial, then harder trial, and so on. The thing is, this game is not those. Its gearing system is far more organic. And that's perfectly fine.

Not every game has to follow the same freaking formula.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on October 4, 2017 9:44PM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you're even talking about. I'm trying to learn how to build these characters and everyone who put together tutorials and shows numbers, says that you can include a crafted set if you really want to, but then they say it's definitely not BiS.

Even if there were a set (and there's not) that beat all the dungeon sets, there's still no jewelry. So there is absolutely no way to get to BiS strictly through crafting. None. Zip. Nope. Not a chance. No. So again, what the hell are you even talking about?

Regarding crafted sets becoming a PART of BiS, it's part of the game. People are mad that you don't have to farm dungeons for it, but it's ridiculously close minded to say that EVERY part of BiS gear MUST come from dungeons. Crafting is a big part of every other elder scrolls game and is essential for the best gear. In this one, it's not the case at all. In fact it's simply not included. Try and see the situation from all sides. They sold me a game with crafting, put mats everywhere, took lots of my time up and then it isn't PART of the best gear. WTF?! To me it seems obvious that best in slot should include a group dungeon set, solo weapons and a crafted set. Please notice it says dungeon gear. And the hardest solo content. Again, no chance for crafting your way to the top. 7/12 or 6/11 slots are based on fighting and grinding, exactly the way you want it. The other 5 are crafted. But that's a pipe dream. BiS is 10 dungeon with solo weapons and crafting is a joke.

The craziest thing about these threads is the insane level of 'the way I play is great and what you do sucks.' Ideally everyone would grow out of that by the time they finish high school. You do know you can craft too, right? Or get money one of the million doing your favorite part of the game and pay for it. It's available to all. Let me guess, you don't want to so it doesn't belong in any way at all? Awesome....
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you're even talking about. I'm trying to learn how to build these characters and everyone who put together tutorials and shows numbers, says that you can include a crafted set if you really want to, but then they say it's definitely not BiS.

Even if there were a set (and there's not) that beat all the dungeon sets, there's still no jewelry. So there is absolutely no way to get to BiS strictly through crafting. None. Zip. Nope. Not a chance. No. So again, what the hell are you even talking about?

Regarding crafted sets becoming a PART of BiS, it's part of the game. People are mad that you don't have to farm dungeons for it, but it's ridiculously close minded to say that EVERY part of BiS gear MUST come from dungeons. Crafting is a big part of every other elder scrolls game and is essential for the best gear. In this one, it's not the case at all. In fact it's simply not included. Try and see the situation from all sides. They sold me a game with crafting, put mats everywhere, took lots of my time up and then it isn't PART of the best gear. WTF?! To me it seems obvious that best in slot should include a group dungeon set, solo weapons and a crafted set. Please notice it says dungeon gear. And the hardest solo content. Again, no chance for crafting your way to the top. 7/12 or 6/11 slots are based on fighting and grinding, exactly the way you want it. The other 5 are crafted. But that's a pipe dream. BiS is 10 dungeon with solo weapons and crafting is a joke.

The craziest thing about these threads is the insane level of 'the way I play is great and what you do sucks.' Ideally everyone would grow out of that by the time they finish high school. You do know you can craft too, right? Or get money one of the million doing your favorite part of the game and pay for it. It's available to all. Let me guess, you don't want to so it doesn't belong in any way at all? Awesome....

I apologize this thread made you so mad, opinions are opinions. I am free to express mine, but it does seem weird it has angered you so.
    idk wrote: »
    It's very recent that a set of crafted gear worked great in dps builds. So for awhile most serious raiders equipped dropped gear exclusively so it has been for a great while what OP seems to be wanting.

Another aspect to consider is raiding gear hasn't necessarily been designed to be BiS like other games. Other MMOs I have seen were designed with tiered raiding gear that is BiS than anything and each tier was better than the previous. It was a great loss to not wear raid drops.

Zos Has avoided that specifically and it's probably a good idea. As such it will vary.

It is not very recent, at all. TBS was meta for well over a year, and hundings/julianos have been meta for an insane amount of time as well. Of course this is just referring to pve dps builds, I am not going to to into tank/heal/pvp builds etc... Regardless of what you say, the fact stands that crafted sets have been a major part of BIS builds forever, not just recently...

My opinion is simple, doing the hardest content should give you the best possible gear. Others can argue that obtaining the best possible gear with gold is a better approach, and that is an interesting opinion. Please do not bring into account on how hard certain pieces are to get and farming though, with the new re traiting system later this month.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best possible gear is not a fixed constant. The best possible gear in the game today may not be the best possible gear in the game 6 months from now. ZOS can and will change/modify gear set bonuses/stats for a variety of reasons.

How 'BIS' gear is/isn't also depends on the skills we use, our racial passives, armor passives, class passives, and the CPs we put points into ... when ZOS changes/modifies these things (and we all know they do), the value of that 'BIS' gear may not be so BIS anymore. So, that year you spent farming (wherever) each week trying to get RNGesus to bless you by dropping what you wanted, may end up being for naught 3 months later.

And ... that brings me to another point. The way this game is designed, if you want a set of BOP gear, you generally have to go through a grindfest to get it. You could be the best player ever, but, whether or not you "are rewarded" with the set pieces you want, depends entirely on RNGesus.

And, while I'm on the subject, so long as you have received the blessings of RNGesus, you don't even have to be a good player to get that shiny BOP / BIS gear ... bad players can be carried by guildies through the farming grindfest. Do we call that "being rewarded?"

Unless you are prancing around like a peacock trying to get your ego stroked, who cares whether your BIS gear is BOP or crafted (or both). What should matter is how well you perform ... how well you play the game (skill) and how well you fulfill your role in your group. If you solo, then you do what you enjoy and wear whatever gear works best for your playstyle.

IMO there are too many over-powered or 'easy mode' gear sets/combinations ... I liked it better when we looked up to players based on their skill/expertise of the game ... not their 'build.'
    Edited by Maryal on October 5, 2017 1:23AM
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    The best possible gear is not a fixed consistent. The best possible gear in the game today may not be the best possible gear in the game 6 months from now. ZOS can and will change/modify gear set bonuses/stats for a variety of reasons.

How 'BIS' gear is/isn't also depends on the skills we use, our racial passives, armor passives, class passives, and the CPs we put points into ... when ZOS changes/modifies these things (and we all know they do), the value of that 'BIS' gear may not be so BIS anymore. So, that year you spent farming (wherever) each week trying to get RNGesus to bless you by dropping what you wanted, may end up being for naught 3 months later.

And ... that brings me to another point. The way this game is designed, if you want a set of BOP gear, you generally have to go through a grindfest to get it. You could be the best player ever, but, whether or not you get the set pieces you want depends entirely on RNGesus.

And, while I'm on the subject, as long as you receive the blessings of RNGesus, you don't even have to be a good player to get that shiny BOP / BIS gear ... bad players can be carried by guildies through the farming grindfest. Do we call that "being rewarded?"

Unless you are prancing around like a peacock trying to get your ego stroked, who cares whether your gear is BOP or crafted (or both). What should matter is how well you perform ... how well you play the game and how well you fulfill your role in your group. If you solo, then you do what you enjoy and wear whatever gear works best for your playstyle.

IMO there are too many over-powered or 'easy mode' gear sets/combinations ... I liked it better when we looked up to players based on their skill/expertise of the game ... not their 'build.'

You have some good points, regardless of what gear you have if you cannot play well it does not matter. As far as "grinding" goes, there are 11 other people in trials that can trade you the drops they receive, and in a few weeks you can change the traits on all your gear... Not really considered "grinding" anymore IMO, which is a good thing.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better then 6 trait crafted gear, yes.

Better then 9 trait crafted gear, no.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    I apologize this thread made you so mad, opinions are opinions. I am free to express mine, but it does seem weird it has angered you so.

It's three things: one is that it takes a long time and a lot of gold to get to get to master crafter status and it seems like you think that it should all be wasted in terms of end game gear. Admitedly, that's just an opinion and not rant material on it's own. But bigger than that is the fact that ZoS agrees with you because currently they have it set up so that no crafted sets should be used if you want the best. Finally, I didn't have an invite for a long time and read a million posts saying that the part of the game I like should be worthless. That was the first time I responded. Is there some displacement in my rant? No one can say for sure.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has a point.

It doesn't take anything to obtain crafted sets, and making crafted set pieces is not an accomplishment.

Obtaining rare drops is an accomplishment, whether you will want to admit it or not.

Obtaining dropped gear pieces is much harder than simply crafting them, so it does make sense for them to be better, and I would agree that crafted gear is currently too prevalent in the meta. A 50/50 ratio of crafted vs dropped is not correct, you people just always have to have everything be equal when really that isn't the way things work.

I am fine with seeing maybe 1-2 crafted sets in the meta, but no more than that.

I mean, if you aren't content with the way gear's done in this game, maybe you should just...find a different one? After all, it's for your own good, and I'm just trying to help. That's what you've been telling everyone else, right?

In all seriousness, and ire aside, I could not disagree with this idea more. If crafted sets were significantly weaker across the board, why even bother having them in the game? They're just taking up space.

"You people" seem to be operating based on games with a defined gear treadmill and non-scaling. Start with crafted gear, then overland/quest, then dungeon, then trial, then harder trial, and so on. The thing is, this game is not those. Its gearing system is far more organic. And that's perfectly fine.

rofl why leave the game for reasons related to gear when I already have all the gear? lul. Point makes no sense

OP does have a point which is why I'm a little perplexed that people don't see it but I digress.

Shackle is probably the single best overall set in PvP and it's crafted and doesn't take any effort to obtain, whether you craft or just go and buy it at a guild trader.

Personally, I am running all dungeon dropped sets and monster pieces in PvP which took many many hours and runs to farm. You ever farm weapons in dungeons? Incredibly difficult to get the weapons you're going for because the drop rates are jacked up and they only drop from the last boss which is problematic, maybe let all the bosses or at least 2 drop weapons.

I have no problem with a few crafted sets making their way into the meta. No problem at all. It's likely fine as it is now but, dungeon sets should give an advantage worth the time spent farming. I consider getting the item that you're farming a major accomplishment.
    Edited by Betsararie on October 5, 2017 2:32AM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pve, other than rare exceptions, crafted has been close to the bis equips. However the difference has been miniscule. The reason for this is that the crafted sets are so versatile. For example julianos gives almost 300 spell damage just for having it equipped while something like burning spell weave requires you to use flame damage to have a chance at procing a larger amount of spell damage. This means without a perfect rotation, the uptime of the buff can average out to less than what julianos gives. So crafted sets are much better for casuals because they consistently work.
    Either way no build can be 100% crafted sets due to there being no jewelry crafting. And even if there was, people would still use dropped or trial sets just because they compliment the crafted sets well. And finally, the only place people are using crafted sets is in dps builds. Healers are required to have spc and the sets that they pair with it are all dropped sets. Tanks had a time where they were using torags pact but now I don't think they are using anything crafted.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summary:

OP is a competitive content player who wants to take a system that has already been nerfed and remove what little relevance it still has so that they have a reason to stay in the Skinner box and rerun content they have already run dozens of times already*

[* rather than pressuring ZOS to take any more innovative approach to making content more inherently replayable.]

How about, "No"?

If that is too short to be a full answer, how about "No, please let this idea burn in the depths of Oblivion when it belongs."

... and that was the nice version of the long answer.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that crafting is relevant and that i dont have to spend hours of grinding for every alt

I can have ok stuff with will power agility crafted sets and undaunted

This is great
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's three things: one is that it takes a long time and a lot of gold to get to get to master crafter status and it seems like you think that it should all be wasted in terms of end game gear. Admitedly, that's just an opinion and not rant material on it's own. But bigger than that is the fact that ZoS agrees with you because currently they have it set up so that no crafted sets should be used if you want the best. Finally, I didn't have an invite for a long time and read a million posts saying that the part of the game I like should be worthless. That was the first time I responded. Is there some displacement in my rant? No one can say for sure.

I made this thread because too many crafted sets are involved and part of so many BIS builds/setups... It isn't the other way around, at all.
    OP has a point.

rofl why leave the game for reasons related to gear when I already have all the gear? lul. Point makes no sense

OP does have a point which is why I'm a little perplexed that people don't see it but I digress.

Shackle is probably the single best overall set in PvP and it's crafted and doesn't take any effort to obtain, whether you craft or just go and buy it at a guild trader.

Personally, I am running all dungeon dropped sets and monster pieces in PvP which took many many hours and runs to farm. You ever farm weapons in dungeons? Incredibly difficult to get the weapons you're going for because the drop rates are jacked up and they only drop from the last boss which is problematic, maybe let all the bosses or at least 2 drop weapons.

I have no problem with a few crafted sets making their way into the meta. No problem at all. It's likely fine as it is now but, dungeon sets should give an advantage worth the time spent farming. I consider getting the item that you're farming a major accomplishment.

Thank you.
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Summary:

OP is a competitive content player who wants to take a system that has already been nerfed and remove what little relevance it still has so that they have a reason to stay in the Skinner box and rerun content they have already run dozens of times already*

[* rather than pressuring ZOS to take any more innovative approach to making content more inherently replayable.]

How about, "No"?

If that is too short to be a full answer, how about "No, please let this idea burn in the depths of Oblivion when it belongs."

... and that was the nice version of the long answer.

I see where you are coming from. My response is this. Many previous mmos have had the stance where the best gear obtainable was from doing the hardest content... In this game half of the sets that are used in end game best possible builds are crafted, easily obtainable from anyone who has never stepped foot in a dungeon or trial. I think it is weird, and this thread probably points out exactly how many people do not run trials.
  • RGFors
    RGFors
    ✭✭✭
    lol Just another tool that wants to be special. Anyone can run dungeons, that doesn’t make you elite.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RGFors wrote: »
    lol Just another tool that wants to be special. Anyone can run dungeons, that doesn’t make you elite.

I am referring to trials, dungeons don't really fall under the "end game content" category, big guy.
    Edited by Shadzilla on October 5, 2017 6:27AM
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone wants to participate in end-game pve. There is no need in difference between crafted and dropped sets.

• Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see where you are coming from. My response is this. Many previous mmos have had the stance where the best gear obtainable was from doing the hardest content... In this game half of the sets that are used in end game best possible builds are crafted, easily obtainable from anyone who has never stepped foot in a dungeon or trial. I think it is weird, and this thread probably points out exactly how many people do not run trials.

Why would it be weird?

Paul Sage (the creative director at the time) gave interviews during the pre-release period that the ZOS team had intentionally decided that they wanted crafting to remain relevant at end-game.

Why would ZOS doing exactly what they told us they were going to do, from before the game was released, be weird?

What exists in other MMOs doesn't have to exist here. That's why they are different MMOs.
    Edited by Iluvrien on October 5, 2017 9:06AM
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely think that the best gear in game should be put behind the hardest content in game or GTFO scrubs you don't deserve it.

Crafters who spend months upon months researching to get the full nine traits are so terribad when they could have just been grinding dungeons and raids. Getting crafted gear is so easy!

Not just the crafted gear but all those weapons people chase in a solo arena should be put in raids. And let's not stop there - let's make then 24 player raids.. or 50 player! Yes, 50.. with such complex mechanics that only the best of the best of the best with flawless rotations and sub-20ping (sorry Oceanics, you guys suck too much to have good stuff) can ever possibly hope to attain them.

And definitely every single activity should have a different achievement tied to it before you can even be allowed to try and get gear for it.

Yep, winning strategy to gate stuff right there. ZOS should totally do it.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

Why would it be weird?

Paul Sage (the creative director at the time) gave interviews during the pre-release period that the ZOS team had intentionally decided that they wanted crafting to remain relevant at end-game.

Why would ZOS doing exactly what they told us they were going to do, from before the game was released, be weird?

What exists in other MMOs doesn't have to exist here. That's why they are different MMOs.

It always has been relevant. I just find it weird that a major percentage of the gear that drops from the hardest content in the game to complete is trash, and easily out performed by crafted sets that you can just go buy with a bit of gold.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes far more time, effort and money to get crafting up to where it needs to be to be a reliable gear crafter. I don't even want to hear this kind of talk. There is no reason we should make drop sets more desirable or powerful than some of the crafted set. No reason to make them more so than they already are. The crafted sets help to have some flexibility with builds.

As to "other" MMO's. There's plenty of MMO's that make crafted gear the best in the game. It seems to me this is a good balance.

If there was to be any type of change with crafting I'd add jewelry crafting AND perhaps allow for variations in power based the skill of the crafter and some chance.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until we can do 5-5-2 in full crafted gear, 100% crafted gear sets will NEVER be BiS.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Until we can do 5-5-2 in full crafted gear, 100% crafted gear sets will NEVER be BiS.

I think you may have misread the post. It says crafted sets have always been a part of BIS, not solely consisting of. IMO you shouldn't be able to go craft or buy sets that clearly outperform a majority of sets dropped in the hardest content.