The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[HL] customization rewards are dead.

Apherius
Apherius
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What i mean by Hl customization rewards ?

I'm not talking about gear or weapons or anything else , just those skins... polymorph ... outfit ... all these things you get from end of a dungeon/raid once you get the speed/hm/nodeath ( for DLC dungeon ) and for the next new trial.

Why and how are they dead ?

2 words : Crown store , when you are a HL players you like ( oh please ... don't call me elitist -_-) you like the little rewards they gives you, cause you deserve them ! and this make you look beautiful. Do you remember when Vmol came out ? I remember when i seen Woeler for the first time at rawl'ka ... on a rock with the Dromathra skin ... i was a noob before and this skin is what make me try hard my dps ... i wanted this skin so hard, then when i got it i was really happy and pround to show this skin ( oh please ... elitist again ? hell no ) , it's like when you finish maesltrom for the first time ... you get this awesome feeling and you feel pround.
Well , yes , why are they dead ? it's time to give you some screenshot, one come from a russian site that show all crown store/ crown crates items datamined:

495126Screenshot20170928154328.png
745730TESOnline320ElderScrollsnet3GoogleChrome.jpg

And when i see this.. i feel like they have a lot of outfit/personnality / emotes ect... and just vote for wich is the worst ... then they put this at the end of a dungeon with the worst hat they could find and say " we wanted to make players able to show both ( ugly...) rewards at the same times " . Same for the New raid ! it's a copy past of the skin they made for Vhof ... in silver ... when i see what they can create ( flame atronach skin in the next crown crates) i'm just wondering why they don't take time to give us nice reward like they did for Vmol.

some will say that i'm selfish cause apparently i want every cool thing lock behind hard content , it's not true ... i think both rewards from crown store and content you buy should be equivalent and unique ( nop, no purple Vmol skin)
some will say that i want free thing , it's not true either , these rewards are lock behind content you paid for... while CS rewards are lock behind ... the CS , both need money.

I don't have any problem with the rest , i'm not against crown store thing ,i'm against the fact that HL rewards look garbage compare to what they put in crown store, I understand that some won't have the same opinion than me ... but please don't even try to say me that i'm wrong ect... tastes and colours you know ? different for everyone , just wanted to share my opinion.
Edited by Apherius on September 30, 2017 5:48PM
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my limited understanding. HL groups and guilds work because they are in it for the challenge and learning experience about how best to win against a challenging scenario. HL gear drops are reward for end game content, that's how progression raiding always worked.

Putting cosmetic rewards behind a HL gate is, for me at least, as damaging to the game as putting them behind a pay gate. BIS gear is designed for performance. It actively aids player performance at end game. I would actively encourage BiS drops from HL content.

But cosmetics are simple aesthetic choices which are likely to be valued more by RPers and quest story content players that HLs.

I personally don't get the exclusivity arguement. When the dromoathra Senche hit crown crates the malcontents who kept saying it shound never have reappeared just make me shake my head. Status isn't gained by ownership of a cosmetic reward. If you achieved the challenging HL goal, well done, you deserve the accolade and the warm fuzzy feeling. But that doesn't mean those who play casually or lack the time, inclination or skill to deal with HL content should be prevented from getting a cosmetic effect. If they bought it on the Crown store then they funded the game and new development.
    Edited by Thannazzar on October 2, 2017 1:32PM