The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Buoyant Armiger in Crown Crates? No thanks.

Hibiki54
Hibiki54
✭✭✭
I was planning to buy 3 stacks of crates but when I looked over the Crown Gem purchases I saw the Buoyant Armiger motif. That really pissed me off being I farmed the living crap out of the motif and paid well over 1 million gold to get the last few pages. After seeing that, I'm pretty much NOT buying crown crates this season.
@Hibiki54
PC/NA
Hibiki the White Mage - Altmer|Templar Healer (main)
Hibiki the Warrior - Imperial|Dragonknight Tank
Hibiki the Red Mage - Redguard|Stamina Sorceress DD
Hibiki the Black Mage - Altmer|Magicka Pet Sorceress DD
Hibiki the Summoner - Breton|Warden Tank
Hibiki the Thief - Bosmer|Stamina Nightblade PvP
Hibiki the Knight - Nord|Stamina Templar DD
Hibiki the Dragoon - Reguard|Stamina Dragonknight DD
Hibiki the Onion Knight - Dunmer|Sorceress Tank
Hibiki the Holy Knight - Altmer|Magicka Templar DD
Hibiki the Geomancer - Altmer|Dragonknight Tank
Hibiki the Ninja - Imperial|Nightblade Tank
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree this is disappointing
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    Putting the BA motif book in the Crown Crates was a nice gesture for the people who don't have time to farm the pages or farm millions of gold. Remember that not everyone has so much time, I'd say that the majority of players play on a casual level, maybe 2-3 hours a day after work, sometimes not playing for a couple of days, maybe playing for a day on a weekend or something like that. The game is supposed to be fun and frankly I find farming boring as hell. I'd rather not spend my playtime running around in Vvardenfell solely for the purpose of finding chests in the hope that I find a BA motif page, or spend my playtime farming, farming and farming non-stop to amass millions of gold. Now that the Crown Crates made the precious and highly sought after BA motif available to casual players, a wider range of players can use it. I understand that it may be frustrating for players who farmed excessively, maybe for months, or spent all their hard-earned gold on the motif. But you have to understand that the drop rate simply made it inaccessible for certain people.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »
    Putting the BA motif book in the Crown Crates was a nice gesture for the people who don't have time to farm the pages or farm millions of gold. Remember that not everyone has so much time, I'd say that the majority of players play on a casual level, maybe 2-3 hours a day after work, sometimes not playing for a couple of days, maybe playing for a day on a weekend or something like that. The game is supposed to be fun and frankly I find farming boring as hell. I'd rather not spend my playtime running around in Vvardenfell solely for the purpose of finding chests in the hope that I find a BA motif page, or spend my playtime farming, farming and farming non-stop to amass millions of gold. Now that the Crown Crates made the precious and highly sought after BA motif available to casual players, a wider range of players can use it. I understand that it may be frustrating for players who farmed excessively, maybe for months, or spent all their hard-earned gold on the motif. But you have to understand that the drop rate simply made it inaccessible for certain people.

... maybe zos shouldn't have made the droprate so high that the whole motif cost as much as a manor and there isn't any goodwill at that move anyway.
    After crown store exclusive motifs, they tried another experiment and wanted to see how far they can push the people to buy the motif with real money despite being "avaible" for free in game.

Yes, i get some items should be rare like the aedric cipher and i'm okay it but if you push 2-5 motifs every 3 months, you can't expect people to be glad about it especially if they keep pushing the rarity of those.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I knew the motif was going to be on the crown store the day I read on the forums on how poor the drop rate was. Whenever you see that, it's a automatic red flag it's destined for the store.
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had to turn mine into gems since I already had it learned after spending millions of gold getting the pieces. Pretty disappointed about it being in crates honestly.

unknown.png
  • Hibiki54
    Hibiki54
    ✭✭✭
    And you only get 33 gems from that?

0/10 Not buying crown crates
    @Hibiki54
    PC/NA
    Hibiki the White Mage - Altmer|Templar Healer (main)
    Hibiki the Warrior - Imperial|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Red Mage - Redguard|Stamina Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Black Mage - Altmer|Magicka Pet Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Summoner - Breton|Warden Tank
    Hibiki the Thief - Bosmer|Stamina Nightblade PvP
    Hibiki the Knight - Nord|Stamina Templar DD
    Hibiki the Dragoon - Reguard|Stamina Dragonknight DD
    Hibiki the Onion Knight - Dunmer|Sorceress Tank
    Hibiki the Holy Knight - Altmer|Magicka Templar DD
    Hibiki the Geomancer - Altmer|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Ninja - Imperial|Nightblade Tank
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hibiki54 wrote: »
    And you only get 33 gems from that?

0/10 Not buying crown crates

While the exact items have changed with the new season of crates, the "apex/legendary/epic/etc." labels still apply. How many gems you get for duplicates or trade-ins is here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crown_Crates
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well not everyone has the time or gold to get it but honestly it’s one of the ugliest overpriced motifs in the game.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the plus side we got to see a demo of how it looks, glad I didn't spend millions to get it, some nice parts but overall the ebony motif is vastly superior, plus the heavy version of ebony actually looks like functional armour... he he he... imagine that B)
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the beggining i was also angry against this stupid thing but after reflexion both way to get it are based on RNG ... both have a way to get them without deal with the RNG ( gems and guild merchant ) and both are expensive !

the only problem is that one is hard as hell to get ( cause some just let simple chest ,other let items in chest ect... ) while nobody will annoy you whil you are opening your crown crates.

At least it's not a CS exclusive motif in crown crates ... i mean ... for the moment. They start by making dungeon rewards ( skins and hat ) garbage cause they put better skin and hat in crown store after ,then they will destroy the raid reward ( the polymorph in HM for the new raid will be available in crown store ) and it's not over, zenimax won't stop, soon they will stop to put the dungeons motif / raid motif at the end of the DLC dungeons/raid and start to sell them immediatly in CS.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hibiki54 wrote: »
    I was planning to buy 3 stacks of crates but when I looked over the Crown Gem purchases I saw the Buoyant Armiger motif. That really pissed me off being I farmed the living crap out of the motif and paid well over 1 million gold to get the last few pages. After seeing that, I'm pretty much NOT buying crown crates this season.

Oh well, I made it up to them for you - after reading months of people moaning about the drop rates, i knew to wait for it to hit the Store or crates.... was actually the first thing I bought with gems this season.

This is almost as bad as quit threads lol
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The motifs should convert to at least 66 gems. The 100 gem items convert to 33. The motiffs are 200. No idea why it's not 66 in turn then.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...is this thread for serious?

Instead of asking to lower the incredible *** requirements to levels comparable of other motifs, people praise zos for asking real money for a motif which is only obtainable for the 1% in the game.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Agree this is disappointing

Yeah it really needed to be more like 400 gems or be one of the 3 exclusive drops tbh.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »

I'd rather have it available in the CS for DIRECT PURCHASE. I was willing to purchase it outright, even for the limited time price of 6k (vs the usual 5k). But gambling on crates to get it? Nope, not gonna do it, so basically, no BA motif for me. NOT gonna GAMBLE for it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but remembered after reading a couple posts - fortunately, the armor is rather ugly. It appears based on the glass armor design from the original MW, but it's really just ok to me and now I'm not quite as bothered about getting it. I still think I would have purchased it if it was an OUTRIGHT sale, but not gonna start buying crates for it (have never and will never buy a single crate). I had hoped it would pop in one of my free crates, but all I got besides the normal consumables was a legendary XP scroll (extract!) and two tattoos (wish I could've extracted those - have ZERO interest in ANY tattoos). Incidentally, my husband popped the motif in one of his two free crates. Ah well...
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 2, 2017 5:23PM