The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What role has the shortest queue in dungeons?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by akl77 on September 27, 2017 12:38AM
Pc na

What role has the shortest queue in dungeons? 189 votes

Tank
77%
NestorConduit0SorianaFat_Cat45SlurgThunderknucklesBigBraggArobainitsfatbassrotaugen454Queossewallb14_ESOSvenjaIruil_ESOLark82ValveKoensolIselinvrineKetarmish 147 votes
Healer
17%
Bam_Bamstatic_rechargeSheezabeastAvishasbottleofsyrupkuma82Ocean_Charlie9DeheartshadelonAmorphomadchuska83pod88kkralphylaurenDarkestnghtPS4_ZeColmeiaCrypticalOutLaw_NynxBlanketFortictopbasliryh 34 votes
Dps
4%
droids097Bobby_V_RockitAltmeisterMegabearVietfoxOblivionNWOlgierdkiyoshigawa 8 votes
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tank/healer are instant
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Krayzie wrote: »
    tank/healer are instant

What platform? Cos on PS4 na, my healer queue has to wait more than 5 min, tank last night has to wait more than 10min.
    Pc na
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healer
    My healer pops in seconds every time I queue. X1/NA
    Edited by madchuska83 on September 27, 2017 12:44AM
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    tank/healer are instant

What platform? Cos on PS4 na, my healer queue has to wait more than 5 min, tank last night has to wait more than 10min.

PS4/Xbox/PC
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank has shortest without a doubt, least played role.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA Healer and Tank pop as soon as I'm done clicking the queue button for vet dungeons, every time.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Depends on dungeon also. For random as tank it's roughly 15 seconds. Vet random. 20 to 25 seconds. Vet Mazzatune last night was 7 minutes.
    PvP needs more love.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healer and tank are instant. DPS is like 30-40 minutes.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kid plays as a tank, he actually had long que for a random last night, maybe due too it being Monday.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Mojmir wrote: »
    My kid plays as a tank, he actually had long que for a random last night, maybe due too it being Monday.

Time and Day does make a huge difference on the time.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healer
    PC/NA. I can honestly say I've never waited longer than 3 minutes for a que pop on my healer.
    Edited by SirAxen on September 27, 2017 2:13AM
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    Healer
    I voted healer, but since I resubbed and started using the random dungeon finder I rarely wait more than 5 min once I que as a DPS, so I doesn't seem to matter as much anymore.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    tank/healer are instant

No.... healer isn't instant. Not at all.

Tank is almost always instant.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Without question healer and tank are neck in neck for near instant q pops. DD's can literally wait hours.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    tank/healer are instant

On PS4/Xbox/PC healer is instant for me no matter what time of day, no matter what dungeon.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank
    Generally insta--pop as a healer but not always. Tank is instant every time.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank is definitely faster than healer but healer is good enough that I can cherry pick the specific one I want to do for the skill point and still get a group in 2 or 3 minutes... try that with DPS :)
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    My tank is usually in seconds. Healer is a little longer. It's really only on my dps that I have to wait around.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    I'm so spoiled on my tank. If I want to run a random normal dungeon, I can hop in groupfinder on a whim and get a group near instantly. If I have to wait for more than a minute, I start to get worried that the groupfinder is broken again. Spoiled, I know. :)

That being said, when I'v queued as DPS while grouped with a friend who is healer, we have also found groups for random normals very quickly.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Ok, so tank wins the poll by far. But why people don't like playing as a tank?
    I know it's the role that gets kicked out mostly, and it sucks even as a good tank.
    But play wise, it's so easy, put on good gear, good cp allocation and skills slotted.
    In dungeons just taunt and stand there don't even need to move, then a few button for shield. Couldn't be more easier to play.
    Dps got rotations so buttons every sec.
    Healer need to keep heal over time up so and watch out health dips, so buttons every sec.
    Tank, maybe a button every 3 sec, it's so easy..
    Pc na
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    I know it's the role that gets kicked out mostly, and it sucks even as a good tank.
    But play wise, it's so easy, put on good gear, good cp allocation and skills slotted.
    In dungeons just taunt and stand there don't even need to move, then a few button for shield. Couldn't be more easier to play.
    Healer need to keep heal over time up so and watch out health dips, so buttons every sec.

Being an "OK" Tank is easy, but being a Tank that is "Good" is not as easy. Its the difference between a Tank that you put up with to run something vs the Tank that gets asked constantly during the day if they want to run this or that Dungeon. Its the difference between doing the minimum required job vs doing the best you can in everyone dungone to CC, Debuff or otherwise support.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    tank/healer are instant

On PS4/Xbox/PC healer is instant for me no matter what time of day, no matter what dungeon.

Interesting, on PC NA, very rarely get instaqueues as a healer, and in many cases will wait 20-30 mins queueing as a healer, especially in the off hours.

Tank is instant >95% of the time.
    Edited by Betsararie on September 27, 2017 3:08AM
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank by far. Always instant whether in group (of any composition) or not.

Healer can be instant if solo, but can take 15-30 minutes if with one DPS.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Yea healer queue on PS4 na has been increasing, and tank are so hard to find, and any low level tank would do.
    That's why I recently abandoned my healer and played tank instead.
    Pc na
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tank/healer are instant

Interesting, on PC NA, very rarely get instaqueues as a healer, and in many cases will wait 20-30 mins queueing as a healer, especially in the off hours.

Tank is instant >95% of the time.

That's nuts cuz on PC/Xbox/PS4 NA/EU healer is an instant queue especially in the off hour because there's less healers queueing in non primetime.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healer
    My healer pops in seconds every time I queue. X1/NA

mine does the same except pc na.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank and healer used be same last year, but you will be waiting if not the pledge now.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank

It might be easier but it's also boring, especially with a bad group where the dps output is low. They can't really do much to help out with the DPS since their gear, stats, CP etc is all to boost their tanking. A good healer can help out the bad dps much more easily since max magicka, spell dmg etc is helping out with both roles.

At least that's been my experience so far.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Runefang wrote: »

It might be easier but it's also boring, especially with a bad group where the dps output is low. They can't really do much to help out with the DPS since their gear, stats, CP etc is all to boost their tanking. A good healer can help out the bad dps much more easily since max magicka, spell dmg etc is helping out with both roles.

At least that's been my experience so far.

You have a point.
    Pc na
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Without a doubt