The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What role has the shortest queue in dungeons?

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank is the way to go, but if you get a low DPS group, then you're in deeper than if you are the DPS or the healer :)
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    This is also the worst role to solo queue if you're a full-time tank, probably thats why.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank
    I made a tank character just so I could actually do my pledges and obtain monster sets. Being an OCE player group finder takes me 1 hour for DPS and its 10 secs for a tank.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healer
    Healer

When I queue, I can't back out of the activity finder menu fast enough without rejecting the "Your role is ready" prompt; It's annoying.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank
    Definetely Tank! Queue, 1 Sec, Invite. Tadaaa!
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank, ofcuz. Problem with tanks - lack of damage if you go health like about 40K for solo game, so you need to respec everytime. That two "scale with max health" damage skills (templar and warden) not enought to make a viable tank damager. On the opposite site, healer is magicka class and can heal&damage easily. Thats why (i think) players doesn't want to play tanks. Other thing is that most of normal dungeons can be done even with 4 self-heal DDs.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Definitely tank because it's the least played role. My queue times are instant to a few seconds. My longest wait was 45sec. I panicked.

LOL @ the DPS vote
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    No competition
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    Ok, so tank wins the poll by far. But why people don't like playing as a tank?
    I know it's the role that gets kicked out mostly, and it sucks even as a good tank.
    But play wise, it's so easy, put on good gear, good cp allocation and skills slotted.
    In dungeons just taunt and stand there don't even need to move, then a few button for shield. Couldn't be more easier to play.
    Dps got rotations so buttons every sec.
    Healer need to keep heal over time up so and watch out health dips, so buttons every sec.
    Tank, maybe a button every 3 sec, it's so easy..

"Just taunt and stand there"!? What you describe is maybe ok for normal non-dlc dungeons, but "good" tanks are doing so much more than that.... on trash I'm grouping, gripping,damaging, basically serving the monsters up to the dds on a plater.... on bosses I'm debuffing, controlling adds, interrupting/blocking, moving out of aoe....etc.... honestly, I've never stood there hitting a button every 3 seconds!
    Before anyone says "nahhhh dungeons can be done with 4 dds". A good tank/healer combo is worth more than 2 dds.. in any content!
    Seriously don't take on these rolls just for a shorter que...

PC EU
    -tank <10sec
    -healer <30sec
    -dd >< 15 minutes

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank
    Ozstryker wrote: »
    I know it's the role that gets kicked out mostly, and it sucks even as a good tank.
    But play wise, it's so easy, put on good gear, good cp allocation and skills slotted.
    In dungeons just taunt and stand there don't even need to move, then a few button for shield. Couldn't be more easier to play.
    Healer need to keep heal over time up so and watch out health dips, so buttons every sec.

"Just taunt and stand there"!? What you describe is maybe ok for normal non-dlc dungeons, but "good" tanks are doing so much more than that.... on trash I'm grouping, gripping,damaging, basically serving the monsters up to the dds on a plater.... on bosses I'm debuffing, controlling adds, interrupting/blocking, moving out of aoe....etc.... honestly, I've never stood there hitting a button every 3 seconds!
    Before anyone says "nahhhh dungeons can be done with 4 dds". A good tank/healer combo is worth more than 2 dds.. in any content!

PC EU
    -tank <10sec
    -healer <30sec
    -dd >< 15 minutes

Really not true though. Tank + Heal is safe, steady, easy.

But 4 660 CP DDs with good gear and decent skill will burn any 4-man down quicker than with tank/healer. The trouble is that most damage is either avoidable, or not sufficient to kill a non-tank instantly. And if a good DD survives a near-death experience they can quickly self heal with pots/abilities.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank - Healer :)
    PC
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Not DPS.

In my personal experience, whilst both usually get into a group instantly, my Healers have had to wait an entire second or two, more times than my Tanks.
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

PC EU
    -tank <10sec
    -healer <30sec
    -dd >< 15 minutes

But 4 660 CP DDs with good gear and decent skill will burn any 4-man down quicker than with tank/healer. The trouble is that most damage is either avoidable, or not sufficient to kill a non-tank instantly. And if a good DD survives a near-death experience they can quickly self heal with pots/abilities.

Absolutely.. I agree that this kind of group can finish content by out-dpsing mechanics and avoiding one-shots, this could only happen with a knowledgeable guild group tho...
    The point here though is, in a pick up group, tanks/healers done right make a run, not safe and easy, but efficient and un-chaotic... and yes.. steady..
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank

PC EU
    -tank <10sec
    -healer <30sec
    -dd >< 15 minutes

The chances to meet those dds in group finder are very low, though.
    Most of dds here are so... let's say "unique" that solo queueing as healer and tank isnt worth it. Well, some healers have dps setups for those situations (and infinite patience), but as a tank you cant really do anything if you got 2 light attack spammers.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank

PC EU
    -tank <10sec
    -healer <30sec
    -dd >< 15 minutes

The chances to meet those dds in group finder are very low, though.
    Most of dds here are so... let's say "unique" that solo queueing as healer and tank isnt worth it. Well, some healers have dps setups for those situations (and infinite patience), but as a tank you cant really do anything if you got 2 light attack spammers.

Agreed! I gave up on solo queuing as a tank due to those low DPS situations. It's torture. At least on a healer you can contribute with some DPS if the light attackers don't camp in the red circles. I find it's best in a support role if you have to queue with random people to get a full group, to group first with at least one known reliable DPS whenever possible.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tank

Being an "OK" Tank is easy, but being a Tank that is "Good" is not as easy. Its the difference between a Tank that you put up with to run something vs the Tank that gets asked constantly during the day if they want to run this or that Dungeon. Its the difference between doing the minimum required job vs doing the best you can in everyone dungone to CC, Debuff or otherwise support.

^ nailed it.

Also, can we talk about the one troll who picked dps?
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank, but if you queue as a role that you're not, you're an ass that deserves to be kicked.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank and then healer closely afterwards. Dps for me takes 5+ minutes, the others are instant.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    Tank
    Mojmir wrote: »
    My kid plays as a tank, he actually had long que for a random last night, maybe due too it being Monday.

if that happens reset the que. It happens on my tank if i have to wait more then 1 min on my tank i reset and its almost always instant.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dps
    I find the dungeon before i press on "join queue"
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    When I made a healer I thought that was fast, lol nope compared to tank, sometimes I waited 5 minutes with the healer, the tank always placed instantly, it's a matter of seconds.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • HugsAlotOfBosmer
    Tank
    Tank for sure, I have so often gotten into a dungeon in matter of a few seconds. talking about 1 to 5 seconds. Though most of the time it takes about 10 to 30seconds to get into a dungeon.
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    No question, Tank
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tank mechanics in this game are terrible for PUGs and with a regular group you don't need a tank in any 4 player content.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    I have a character for every role on PC NA. The tank is about a 5 second wait, the healer is a few more seconds, and DPS can be between 30 minutes to an hour. Tons of "fake tank" DPS players skipping the line, so almost every time my tank starts, people say something like "Yay! A real tank!" when I weapon swap and they see two sword and board slots. I pull aggro, I bunch the enemy up with chains for the DPS to lay down AOE, I debuff the enemy and I buff the group. If we have bad DPS, it takes longer, as I am built as a pure tank, but I can't remember the last dungeon (vet or normal) that I didn't finish. My healer is mostly heals/buffs but can do some damage during the moments I don't need to heal. The DPS for pugging has some sort of shield or self heal, as you never know what you'll get in a pug. If I pug with any of the DPS characters, I use the waiting time to grind for CP and gold until it pops. Never really have to wait with the other two roles.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Tank, hands down.

Healers also have short queue times, but nothing beats the insta-pop of a tank.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    Without a doubt -> tank.

I am able to play all my magicka chars as full tank, healer and DD by just switching equipment in dressing room and I do several pledges a day as a tank, at least one pledge as a DD and sometimes as a healer.

A real queue as a tank is nonexistant. You usually queue up and get a group notice within a few seconds.
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank
    6 people voted on dps :joy:
    Pc na
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Healer
    Who the hell says DPS? Jesus Christ...
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, I usually just queue as all three, even though I'm just DPS.. YOLO!