Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any plan on making pve less heavy attack based?

• f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End game PvE was at its peak in One Tamriel and Homestead in terms of participation and enjoyment.

I remember glancing at my friends list, having 40 online and seeing half the players in trial. Now I have 15 online, maybe 3 in a trial, 8 in PVP, and the others split between their house and reapers march. So much sadness.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    End game PvE was at its peak in One Tamriel and Homestead in terms of participation and enjoyment.

I remember glancing at my friends list, having 40 online and seeing half the players in trial. Now I have 15 online, maybe 3 in a trial, 8 in PVP, and the others split between their house and reapers march. So much sadness.

make new friends.

i'm in 2 guilds. one is casual and we do normal trials every thursday. usually have to rotate people out because we have too many people wanting to come.

the other guild does vet trials every sunday.

I don't know why people are surprised that people are either moving on, or doing something different 9 months later. 1T launch unlocked massive portions of the game and people wanted sets in most dunegons and trials. it's no wonder that participation was at it's peak then.

I spent the last month pretty much constantly in vMA trying to get a maelstrom bow. I go one 4 days ago and haven't done it since. Is this somehow proof that vMA is different? Maybe all your friends have done everything they want to do in vMoL are simply aren't interested in running it anymore.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    "Medium' Attacks need to not be a huge DPS loss and restore smaller amounts of resources

That would run lead to infinite resources in pvp.
    Tannus15 wrote: »

make new friends.

i'm in 2 guilds. one is casual and we do normal trials every thursday. usually have to rotate people out because we have too many people wanting to come.

I don't know why people are surprised that people are either moving on, or doing something different 9 months later. 1T launch unlocked massive portions of the game and people wanted sets in most dunegons and trials. it's no wonder that participation was at it's peak then.

I spent the last month pretty much constantly in vMA trying to get a maelstrom bow. I go one 4 days ago and haven't done it since. Is this somehow proof that vMA is different? Maybe all your friends have done everything they want to do in vMoL are simply aren't interested in running it anymore.

But the whole endgame pve community seems to get smaller and smaller. How many guilds are left that are in a competition of rank 1 in a trial? And how many will be left after the next few patches?
    Many players just have enough of the constant bugs, which never will getting fixed or atleast not in the next 6 month, and extrem fps drops.(I already gave up on that point since they will never be able to fix it) Now they also made out of their combat system some slow heavy attack spam thing.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    "Medium' Attacks need to not be a huge DPS loss and restore smaller amounts of resources

Tannus15 wrote: »

make new friends.

But the whole endgame pve community seems to get smaller and smaller. How many guilds are left that are in a competition of rank 1 in a trial? And how many will be left after the next few patches?
    Many players just have enough of the constant bugs, which never will getting fixed or atleast not in the next 6 month, and extrem fps drops.(I already gave up on that point since they will never be able to fix it) Now they also made out of their combat system some slow heavy attack spam thing.

Questions are not data points in a discussion or dispute over facts. Answers may be.

As for why these implied drop offs in content abc have occurred we can imagine many things including running content DEF or just getting "done", as the bow example illustrates.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should add more coastreduction for each piece of light and medium armour we were or reduce the skill coast at all. Moast all of the players dont like the heavy attack meta and so many pve and pvp players left the game.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait have i missed a memo?

Since when are resources finite in pvp? Are we in patch 1.1 here?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I'm not sure that would be a problem either because if you are light/medium/heavy attacking then you are not blocking which means you will take more damage. It would just be a matter of balancing the risk vs return. The longer you are channeling a heavy attack the more at risk you are of taking a big hit. Not to mention if a player blocks your medium melee attack it will still set you off balance.

Beyond that they could also add another debuff to battle spirit that reduces the resources gained through heavy attacks. If it needed further balancing...

To your point I agree, because I have much less resource issues in PvP because I can be successful with more burst oriented builds. I can't think of a situation where I have to sustain 30k+ DPS with a full range of DoTs for 10 minutes in PvP. I typically just need to time a good stun/burst combo and keep buffs up. Which is interesting because I find combat in PvP to be way more fun than PvE right now, but right after One Tamriel and before Morrowind it was the opposite.
    Playing since beta...
  • dickeybarret
    dickeybarret
    ✭✭
    Or at least fix the dammed lightning staff heavy attack bug. Can't even play their meta when my heavies bug out every other trip through the rotation.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Change one jewelry glyph to regen. That'll reduce the heavy attacks led rotation.

Don't forget to grab those orbs. Many magicka were used to getting regen from others grabbing orbs and probably have a bigger challenge adjusting.

Swapping to regen will lower your DPS more than heavy-attacks do and grabbing orbs is just annoying...usually the synergy fades away when you press "X" and you don't get anything but loose time/DPS...

more info about this please. Preferably with some data. That's not what I heard and observed. Could depend on a build though.
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or at least fix the dammed lightning staff heavy attack bug. Can't even play their meta when my heavies bug out every other trip through the rotation.

I've made a topic about it and people were like "what?" "can you describe the bug?"

I remember day homestead kicked in I went to several randoms and discovered what a mess group finder has become.. when I made topic about it most of the replies were "I had a run today and didn't notice anything"... needless to say later people stopped using group finder and were begging ZoS to fix it.

Community isn't supporting in bug fixing, everybody only cares for the part of game they like, so I think this community deserves what it gets.

Make any topic about any bug and you will see most of the replies will be "I didn't notice that"... Better just don't reply if you didn't notice that and someone else did.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Yeah lol, I very rarely run out of resources and it's usually because I get outplayed.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to make clear i did not ask for nerfing heavy attacks to make light attacks more appealing.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't see the problem, to be honest it's made no diffrence to me as now I just dumped the recovery stuff and gone for resilience and killing power instead, also heavy attacks are so cinematic, especially the flame staff and great sword... the build up then BANG!

Love it o:)
    Edited by Integral1900 on September 30, 2017 10:29AM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Artis wrote: »
    Change one jewelry glyph to regen. That'll reduce the heavy attacks led rotation.

Don't forget to grab those orbs. Many magicka were used to getting regen from others grabbing orbs and probably have a bigger challenge adjusting.

Swapping to regen will lower your DPS more than heavy-attacks do and grabbing orbs is just annoying...usually the synergy fades away when you press "X" and you don't get anything but loose time/DPS...

more info about this please. Preferably with some data. That's not what I heard and observed. Could depend on a build though.

You do loose a lot of dps if you swap to a light attack sustained build, I tried trust me. Stamina is worse off than magicka. The problem is that heavy attacks get a damage increase of 70% if off balance is presence.
    Edited by Alcast on September 30, 2017 11:22AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Artis wrote: »

You do loose a lot of dps if you swap to a light attack sustained build, I tried trust me. Stamina is worse off than magicka. The problem is that heavy attacks get a damage increase of 70% if off balance is presence.

But, but, ZOS made Light attacks more damage oriented and heavy attacks purely for sustain, this HAS to be wrong :trollface:
    Edited by Destruent on September 30, 2017 11:35AM
    Noobplar
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mondini wrote: »
    Right now almost all pve build(for trials) are more or less heavy attack spam bots and it is boring as hell. Can we please have enough sustain back to make a light attack rotation work on every class? Or is all hope lost?

Honestly don't know the problem, PVE is in the best spot it's ever been. It's easy for new players to do end game content, the skill ceiling was lowered. People have more time to focus on mechanics and move out of fire etc as all the have to do is heavy attack. Blocking? No problem, full stam all the time. Shield spamming? Nah no worries, full magicka. Nobody needs orbs anymore either so thats easier for the healers. The vma rotation was boring because it actually required farming gear and having a good rotation vs now where I can just chuck on any old gear and get a free 40k parse on mag sorc. Don't know why you are QQing so much.

Because it is boring AF

When I look at the pre Morrowind clips with the vMA Daggers rotation, I just can't help but notice how monotonous it was. I mean look:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lI Izaki Il/video/29796305
    (Used SA instead of Relentless to compare to other classes)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lI Izaki Il/video/37223899
    (Non vMA Daggers rotation)

After Morrowind:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lI Izaki Il/video/35775627

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lI Izaki Il/video/35396716

Sure the new rotations feel slower, but they are way more dynamic than the old ones.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade