The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[VIDEO] Erdril melee magicka NB HoTR #2

EdTerra
EdTerra
✭✭✭
New vid about melee magicka NB, this time I wanted to do a better showcase in 1v2,1v1 than 1vX where I was only trying to survive
I'm a bit disappointed because the first song clip was blocking the vid to 244 countries, so had to drop it :cold_sweat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRP-xh-bNmo

and because youtube's description is limited, I will write everything here

#1 shackle + Spinner + BloodSpawn 5H/1/1 (vampire/atro/witchmother)

In this clip I'm using 5 heavy, so no critical and spell penetration from light passive,
that's why I prefer using spinner than necro, 660 spell pen is 1% damage until you get
more spell penetration than you'r opponent spell resistance, in heavy you'r spell pen is really low,
even with spinner you will need some pts in spell pen CP and because you have spinner, you don't need
to waste too many CP pts into it, also make sure to get a major breach buff to deal even more damage (mark here)
the healing recieved bonus from heavy is really nice with refreshing path and swallow soul (minor vitality)
that's why I prefer using it than cripple to deal damage and survive a bit more (to not use ward too much (heavy cost))
also if you'r sustain is great without atronach, you can drop spinner for necro and use the lover mundus, you will
have really nice damage

don't use Dawnbreaker like I did, the damage is way to low with no weapon penetration, tether is totally better (10k difference on crit against target dummie)

#2 War maiden + shackle + BloodSpawn 5L/1/1 (vampire/atro/witchmother)

basically, in this clip the set wasn't the best to use, mostly because I'm using harness and shadow,
better go Necro*5 than war maiden, more healing (because maiden is only about damage), bigger shields
and damages (everything :d)
you can see that I'm mostly using resto staff ult than my soul harvest just because resto ult give you
a small time to make great burst without the need to care about income damage, this is almost like the
old invisibats, we were using it mostly because you can't target the invisibats user and it was a free
"burst time" with also good AoE damage (especially as wood elf)

#3 Still War maiden + shackle + BloodSpawn 5L/1/1 (vampire/atro/witchmother)

This part is only about what I'm doing, they are 2 opponents, warden+sorc
warden low level but really hard to kill and spamming his main damage even if he is about to die
low level = first target but in this case he was tanky and did almost no damage, that's why I prefered
to focus the sorc with AW/Soul harvest combo to kill him fast, because he was in free DPS and his finisher had
more chance to kill me than everything from the warden.
also the sorc may use ward on him and destroy all my burst
even if focusing the low level is the thing to do, sometimes you have to change target and it make some fights easier

#4 Shackle (Dw) + Shadow dancer + BloodSpawn 5L/1/1 (no vampire/the lover/witchmother) [current build]

This build may be a bit weird, but I'm so used to the vamp speed on stealth, and it's really nice for escape.
Also the bonus from shadow dancer are not really bad, it's like shackle without 2k stam/mag reg/weapon damage,
with this build I have 3 stam recovery, and as bosmer this is 1.2k as no vamp without CP regen
that's why I'm using siphonner instead, because I don't know where to place those points and make it usefull
I've many stamina (15k on dw and 12k on resto) so I can use shuffle instead of doubletake, why ?
because if you re-use it after every CC you will use only 850+ stamina isntead of 4k and because it's shuffle
it will also cleanse every mobility sickness (but don't expect immunity)
so you have a free permanent dodge skill who cleanse every CC mobility sickness (can do it on cloak)

no vampire because of onslaugth glyph and fire damage and IMO I will still be in this build next patch
because the asylum destro staff will be so strong with concussion+burning 100% up, as vampire you will take really more damage
than this patch.

#5 necropotence + pariah + BloodSpawn 5L/1/1 (vampire/atro/witchmother)

Probably the most weird build here, pariah's jewel can be in arcane and that's why I got this idea
since the spell/weapon penetration needed to get 1% damage has increased from 500 to 660 and the sharpened nerf
I wanted to try something tanky as light armor to still have crit/penetration bonus from light armor passive
and this set is really nice for that, if you want to play like old days without instant kill combo it's really good
executes are nothing more than light attacks in some case (especially with BS proc or/and dark cloak bonus)
necro is you'r only damage set but you still have great damage.
if you'r opponent see you low health he will focus you really hard but he don't know that the less you have health
the more you have tankyness, and you'r ward is the same (less health = big shield) this is a good way for forcing them to make mistakes
I used only the DK clip in this vid with this build, I haven't recorded so much those days
but I had some good fun against meta stDKs, the only problem with this build is to kill shieldstackers
(because it's 2 overland sets, I can't have nirn+infused, so I was using charged+infused to get
1 status effect (shock/burning) almost every time)

I can't say there is one BiS build as mageblade since there is no "one" playstyle designed for mageblade.
but I would say for new mageblade to go shackle+necro and whatever they want as monster set, BS or 1 domihaus
and 1 something else or 2 handed for slow/root immunity
I really like BloodSpawn, because it give you some tankyness and ult regen, 1 tick is almost old soul harvest cost
and ofc in 1vX you get you'r resto ult really fast.

Well, I'm sorry for my english as usual, must hurt some people, I think... :neutral:
[EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
[NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff. I like that you try and experiment with different builds (that all have a logic to them). I generally am lazy and just stick to something that works decent until ZoS nerfs it :innocent:
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i love see you in combat !! ...good as usual ! :)
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noob. <3
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff. I like that you try and experiment with different builds (that all have a logic to them). I generally am lazy and just stick to something that works decent until ZoS nerfs it :innocent:

Thanks, testing build is way to know what to use after nerf hammer :smile:
    I can't see a big difference between those builds, just have to play a bit different
    i love see you in combat !! ...good as usual ! :)

Thank you :D this vid would be better if the first song wasn't copyrighted :disappointed:
    amir412 wrote: »
    Noob. <3

Scrub. <3
    Apherius wrote: »
    I love the NB magicka gameplay :)

magblade is love :smile:
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

• Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice nice.
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    nice to see there is still a melee mag nb left :D
    good job!
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Achievement points: 33290
    Alliance rank: Grand Overlord (50)(since 2016)
    Soloplayer
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Nice nice.

ty bro :smiley:
    Ling wrote: »
    good job!

Thanks, you don't play you'r magblade anymore ? :open_mouth:
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

• Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    EdTerra wrote: »
    Ling wrote: »
    good job!

Thanks, you don't play you'r magblade anymore ? :open_mouth:

i do!!! but no pvp anymore, i switched now on the dark side .... pve :s

Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Achievement points: 33290
    Alliance rank: Grand Overlord (50)(since 2016)
    Soloplayer