The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Clockwork City Innate Axiom Crafted Set

Hutch679
Hutch679
✭✭✭✭✭
Innate Axiom (All)
  • (2) Max Magicka
  • (3) Max Stamina
  • (4) Spell Critical
  • (4) Weapon Critical
  • (5) Adds 400 Spell and Weapon Damage to your Class abilities.

Thoughts on this set for a magicka warden? Thinking about running this instead of Shacklebreaker, pairing it with necropotence.
Edited by Hutch679 on September 25, 2017 7:13PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could not get this to post correctly. Sorry in advance.
    Edited by Hutch679 on September 25, 2017 7:14PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is it only affects class skills. it's a call based on your build.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The issue is it only affects class skills. it's a call based on your build.

Right. Warden uses mainly class skills for damage though which makes me think it is pretty decent to use.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am gonna try using Axiom and Warmaiden for strong offensive stuff like Cliff racer and Shalks. Will see how it works. The Axiom will also boost class healing abilities, cause its not specifically damage skills.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be pretty good on magplar too where we rely on class abilities for many things. Would go well with Overwhelming Surge then since it procs off using class abilities. Beyond that just need to manage sustain, but with it being crafted we could customize the item set up as needed.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am gonna try using Axiom and Warmaiden for strong offensive stuff like Cliff racer and Shalks. Will see how it works. The Axiom will also boost class healing abilities, cause its not specifically damage skills.

Only thing is warden relies on shields and using those two sets will mean your max magicka will hover around 38k I believe.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Only thing is warden relies on shields and using those two sets will mean your max magicka will hover around 38k I believe.

Not a problem if you use the Healing Ultimate :smile:
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set has nightblade written all over it.

Class gap closer
    Class spammable
    Class execute
    Class dots
    Class major sorcery and brutality
    Class self heals.

You could make a stamblade that uses sap essence and cripple. Or a magblade that uses ambush instead of lotus fan. Not to the extent of a pure mag or stam build but I think some very good builds can come from this set.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why you would exactly.

What Stam ability would you want to use with it? In what way would it be better than War Maiden for a magwarden?

Every ability I would want the weapon damage for is not a Warden ability on a mag warden
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's too bad we don't have jewelry crafting bc I would love to pair this set with shacklebreaker on my mdk :(
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What Stam ability would you want to use with it? In what way would it be better than War Maiden for a magwarden?

Every ability I would want the weapon damage for is not a Warden ability on a mag warden

It is not about weapon damage. It is about class skills vs magic damage (which is boosted by war maiden), that means all your frost skill will be buffed and all your heals will be buffed on top of all the magic damage skills.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

It is not about weapon damage. It is about class skills vs magic damage (which is boosted by war maiden), that means all your frost skill will be buffed and all your heals will be buffed on top of all the magic damage skills.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Additionally, it gives magic and stam, so replacing shackle breaker with it I would lose some recovery, some magic, and some stam, but gain a lot of spell damage on class skills. It will have to be tested to see how it works out but looks promising. I think it does suck that this set is rendered useless in pvp for stamina dks considering they use mostly weapon skills (here nor there though in relation to mag warden).
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well not all of the Wardens Frost ability will be buffed. The set increases the Weapon and Spell Power of Class abilities, but if the class abilities do not scale with either of those but instead health then it does nothing. So only Winter's Revenge and Crystallized Slab will scale with it, or at least I think Slab does.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Innate Axiom (All)
    • (2) Max Magicka
    • (3) Max Stamina
    • (4) Spell Critical
    • (4) Weapon Critical
    • (5) Adds 400 Spell and Weapon Damage to your Class abilities.

Thoughts on this set for a magicka warden? Thinking about running this instead of Shacklebreaker, pairing it with necropotence.

Finally! I was waiting for someone to bring this up, and yes I was also thinking about using warmaiden along with this set, as almost 90% of class skills are based on magicka, which is very strange. This set seriously made look at all Nightblade abilities, I prepared a small comparison of damage types and found that:

Out of 36 class skills (including ultimates) we have
    1. 4 Disease Damage Skills (Incap, Killer's Blade, Relentless Focus Proc & Power Extraction)
    2. 2 Physical Damage Skills (Ambush & Surprize Attack)
    3. 12 Buffs or Debuffs or Heals
    4. 18 Magic Damage Abilities

Class Skills from Nightblade are 50% Magic Abilities, 33.33% Buffs/Debuffs/Heals and 16.67% related to Physical Damage. ESO favors magicka builds in case of Nightblade.

The set will see possibly more use from Magicka Characters in my opinion.

I was excited when I first saw the PTS patch notes, but after doing the comparison I felt otherwise.
    Edited by The_Protagonist on September 26, 2017 1:55PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well not all of the Wardens Frost ability will be buffed. The set increases the Weapon and Spell Power of Class abilities, but if the class abilities do not scale with either of those but instead health then it does nothing. So only Winter's Revenge and Crystallized Slab will scale with it, or at least I think Slab does.

Yeah, that part is very stupid and should be changed. Not by bringing 'health damage', but by picking the highest value. Obv balanced by scaling worse
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wondering if this set would make stamplar magicka skills worth slotting?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Wondering if this set would make stamplar magicka skills worth slotting?

It gives good stats for both architypes. It makes me wonder if they finally nailed down a hybrid spec (max mag/Stam, crit for both offense/defense, and DMG for class skills which can be utility based or DMG based. ).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    This set has nightblade written all over it.

Class gap closer
    Class spammable
    Class execute
    Class dots
    Class major sorcery and brutality
    Class self heals.

You could make a stamblade that uses sap essence and cripple. Or a magblade that uses ambush instead of lotus fan. Not to the extent of a pure mag or stam build but I think some very good builds can come from this set.

not sure about stamblade, no class self heals that would help a stamblade survive or even be on par with rally or vigor which are obviously not class skills. I think it would be better with mage blade.

Maybe pair this and troll king on a stamblade to make up for the lost weapon damage for heals? Or maybe also add in a set like senche on the back bar? I dont know. It’s worth looking into though.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This set works perfectly for meele magnb.
    It uses no skills outside of class skills.
    Sadly the 3rd bonus is crit and not spelldmg/wpndmg or stam reg/ magreg.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

It doesn't buff assassin's will, unless they quietly fixed that Monday.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Why wouldn't it? Is it due to how the skill magically changes from relentless focus to Assassin's will?
    Edited by BohnT on November 1, 2017 3:10AM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why wouldn't it? Is it due to how the skill magically changes from relentless focus to Assassin's will?

That is right!

Because it is NOT a class skill, it's a class skill's skill...
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »

That is right!

Because it is NOT a class skill, it's a class skill's skill...

Aaaaaand the set just got kicked from the list of sets i wanted to test
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually looking at this set seriously now. I use mostly class skills and a 300-400sd boost to unstable core + jabs would look great for my build. I can see it being paired with beserker rage, whose resist ignoring DMG might make up for the fact the set wouldn't boost it.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Crusades
    Crusades
    ✭✭
    I’m excited to try this out on my mDK and mSorc
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I'm actually looking at this set seriously now. I use mostly class skills and a 300-400sd boost to unstable core + jabs would look great for my build. I can see it being paired with beserker rage, whose resist ignoring DMG might make up for the fact the set wouldn't boost it.

I heard from someone that tested the set, that it isn't boosting many class based skills as it should. I didn't do any testing yet in regards to this rumor, but maybe I will this weekend.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

I heard from someone that tested the set, that it isn't boosting many class based skills as it should. I didn't do any testing yet in regards to this rumor, but maybe I will this weekend.

Then that should be a huge bug report. Since it's a new set, I imagine it will get fixed fast. I'll need to test, luckily it's crafted so should be easy to do :).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem on templar and sorc is that neither class typically uses class ultimates for damage. Possibly in an overload build... but IMO there are stronger options there.

The set seems tailormade for mag NB and mag DK, but I honestly found it underwhelming on DK. Perhaps it was the lack of power lash buffs.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual