The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Undaunted Keys as Currency

priforce
priforce
✭✭✭
Are there plans for Undaunted keys to be treated as currency?

I have about 300 and I have all the shoulders I need, Plus, the characters I use the most in dungeons don't have the inventory space to open the chests.

it would be great if the transmutate crystals came in the undaunted chests - which would increase the incentive for them, but in the meantime, they are just taking up space.
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice, but I doubt it will happen as the items people want from the keys are bop and would circumvent the intent of bop for those items.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it is time for you to stop running pledges..... :D
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand why these are bound... i kinda do...but its stupid and i dont like it...
  • kblut
    kblut
    Soul Shriven
    redeem them and turn it into mats... you could sell mats... right?
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    I run pledges every day to help other gamers get through dungeons and to test my builds. I think they have to do something with the keys as eventually a lot more gamers will be in the same boat like, "...and what am I supposed to do with these keys?" Why do the Undaunted challenge to get two keys if I already have so many I don't use? it's definitely an end-gamer issue.

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds a lot like BC.

What is BC, you may ask. It is Bragging disguised as Complaining.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...turn them in for gold?
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to see transmute crystals having a chance to drop in undaunted chests not 100% but maybe 25-35%. This would give me a reason to actually use them again.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I don't know why you should think something like that, it's ridiculous, many people have a lot of keys stashed away with no use and 300 is not that much, there are players with way more than that.

OP I think your idea isn't half bad.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Right?

If you don't need keys, undaunted experience, or help other players, why run pledges?
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I don't know why you should think something like that, it's ridiculous, many people have a lot of keys stashed away with no use and 300 is not that much, there are players with way more than that.

OP I think your idea isn't half bad.

Thank you for that. Yep, I know players with a ton of keys, and we're like, "what do we do with these?" That isn't bragging, it's just loving the game enough to do the dailies everyday. on average 4x - 5x keys X seven days a week = 45 keys x 4 weeks = 180. That's just one month.
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    I would also like to see transmute crystals having a chance to drop in undaunted chests not 100% but maybe 25-35%. This would give me a reason to actually use them again.

I'd like to see that too!
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    ...turn them in for gold?

for gold?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queo wrote: »
    I dont understand why these are bound... i kinda do...but its stupid and i dont like it...

Probably the same reason monster helms only drop in vet.
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Right?

If you don't need keys, undaunted experience, or help other players, why run pledges?

- test builds
    - help players
    - level up undaunted skill line on alts
    - bonus experience for unused skill lines

There are a lot of reasons to run them, but the rewards can be tweaked so there's added incentives so they feel less like chores or at least chores with crummy allowances. :)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if keys were turned into currency. Specifically, account-wide bound currency, just like the new transmute crystals. Right now, keys are backback-bind-on-pickup, so if I have 100 keys that I have on a character with no bag space, there is no way to transfer those keys to another character that does have bag space.

Keep the keys bound to the account--there's no need to change that.

Restricting the movement of keys between characters on the same account is just baffling, since everything you get from the chests can be moved across characters on the same account.

And treating keys as account-wide currency would just be a nice QoL improvement--fewer inventory slots taken by keys.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ictopbasli
    ictopbasli
    ✭✭✭
    Queo wrote: »

Dungeon items also bound. They trying to kill trading in this game.
    Thalmor rules!