The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Being punished for subscribing

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have learned your lesson back when ZOS betrayed ALL subscribers by taking Moronwind out of the subscription model even though it was clearly a DLC and fell short of any reasonable definition of "expansion."
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did a random daily vet was BF saw a lvl 15 and just left the group. This needs to stop no low lvl player should get vet dlc dungeons
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You weren't punished for subscribing. That's entirely inaccurate
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to do a quick dungeon on my low level character for xp and of course I get a DLC dungeon and have to leave because I don't have the time, get a 15 minute penalty and now can't do any dungeon at all. Why is it that low level characters should have a higher chance to get into a DLC dungeon with the random dungeon finder and on top of it if I were not a subscriber I would not have that problem?

I so wish I could exclude DLC dungeons from the random dungeon finder, and it wouldn't even be unfair since non-subscribers already have a random dungeon finder without DLC dungeons.

and you know how many times I've queued with my tank and heals buddies for random, get a DLC dungeon and the 2nd DPS immediately quits? He just passed up a free "carry" run. We easily 3-man them on normal.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a a checkbox that allows you to exclude DLC dungeons. Because seriously, *** Mazzatun. *** it right off. I seem to get it for my daily most days and I hate it so, so much.

Ohhh... I really like that one.

Oh well.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they could tell me which dungeon I'm readychecking for when I queue for random
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part of the problem you run into is that people who are running random dungeons are grouped with those who want specific dungeons.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to do a quick dungeon on my low level character for xp

You subbed JUST to get extra XP from a dungeon run? Why not just spend the money on buying XP scrolls from the Crown Store?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoM, locked to level 45...DLC, available at level 10.

That's indeed the best part. Now leveling new characters, done the dlc ones we must wait Level 38 for blackheart haven and blessed crucible. It makes a lot of sense, sure..

Edited by RANKK7 on September 23, 2017 6:12AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • neal_brasier
    neal_brasier
    ✭✭✭
    Did a random daily vet was BF saw a lvl 15 and just left the group. This needs to stop no low lvl player should get vet dlc dungeons

You can't do vet dungeons till you're level 50 so I seriously doubt that you got grouped with a level 15
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be best if all the dungeons were unlocked at level 10, and not just the first 3 plus DLC.

It would solve the problem of the DLC ones popping up too much. But would still keep the nature of it being random, and if you get a DLC dungeon, tough do it or cry some more.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to do a quick dungeon on my low level character for xp and of course I get a DLC dungeon and have to leave because I don't have the time, get a 15 minute penalty and now can't do any dungeon at all. Why is it that low level characters should have a higher chance to get into a DLC dungeon with the random dungeon finder and on top of it if I were not a subscriber I would not have that problem?

I so wish I could exclude DLC dungeons from the random dungeon finder, and it wouldn't even be unfair since non-subscribers already have a random dungeon finder without DLC dungeons.

Given your forum rank I assume your are at cp cap (unless you spend your whole day at forum lol). At max cp you should be able to easily solo or at least 2 man any normal dungeon. They dont really take that long and you dont need any special gear for it. If your are still unable to do em lr cant spare 20 min to run a dungeon then pls stop using the group finder cause its ppl like that who mess it up by quitting mid dungeon or declining on ques.
    Furthermore, the point of the random queing system is to get ppl to socialize and have fun together(unless you r doing em for crappy loot and a quite low xp per hour ratio), for any other purposes you got the specific dungeons finder!
    So please...
  • reesenorman
    reesenorman
    ✭✭✭
    OP is a special snowflake.
    Mundus Core

1st NA Tick-Tock Tormentor

#2 World vHRC: 157'735 // 14 minutes 20 seconds

#1 NA vHOF Clear
    #1 NA vHOF HM Clear
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »

Given your forum rank I assume your are at cp cap (unless you spend your whole day at forum lol). At max cp you should be able to easily solo or at least 2 man any normal dungeon.

I just have to say, you're assuming too much. I'm well over CP cap (1000+) and while I may be able to duo some normal dungeons, I can't/won't solo them (not "easily"at least, by any stretch of my imagination). And there are other people like me. Not all ESO players have fast reflexes, young fingers, and good internet speed. Or enjoy challenging themselves.
    Edited by Khenarthi on September 23, 2017 8:14AM
    PC-EU
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an option to choose the one you want to do. Random is asking for trouble
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Pointless thread.

That's very mean.
    As much as I usually agree with the "don't PUG if you're not ready for anything", the fact here is that @Magdalina is right :
    Magdalina wrote: »
    I do agree they need to re-do the whole level lock system though, there may be a point in opening up difficult dungeons for new players so they get that experience early on but there's absolutely no logic in doing that AND locking stuff like VoM at the same time(which results in level 10s having a more than 50% chance to get a dlc dungeon as their random, whereas for a level 45 that's only like 10% or something).

It's true that the level-gating of dungeons in group finder is senseless and outdated, and it results in "randomness" being absurdly distorted in many cases.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    You weren't punished for subscribing. That's entirely inaccurate

It is actually very accurate.
    Non-subscribers (who have never bought the DLCs in crowns) will never get a DLC dungeon in their daily random, because they have no access to them.
    We do that all the time to trick the system and avoid the DLC dungeons (simply because we want quick XP, not a long dungeon). Group up with a non-subbed guildie, launch random, ditch the non-subbed guldie (unless he actually wants to do the dungeon, of course), replace, go.

• Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be wrong here, but isn't is possible to queue for a specific dungeon? Why not do that next time? Then you're sure you won't end up in one you don't want to do. Using a random dungeon finder places you in a random dungeon, so that includes the DLC ones if you've purchased DLC or have ESO+ active..

Seems to me this works as intended?
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    Could be wrong here, but isn't is possible to queue for a specific dungeon? Why not do that next time? Then you're sure you won't end up in one you don't want to do. Using a random dungeon finder places you in a random dungeon, so that includes the DLC ones if you've purchased DLC or have ESO+ active..

Not for people who are after the daily XP bonus. That's only granted by a complete random, without specifying any dungeon at all.
    Unfortunately the system as it is now is not regular RNG. The chances of ending up in a DLC dungeon are MUCH higher for low level characters. As a result, low level characters get frustrated because of the long, harder dungeons, and the potentially high level players they'll eventually get grouped with will get frustrated too - having to explain mechanics, slow run, carrying lowbies, etc.
    This is really something illogical and frustrating for all sides and ZOS should look into it. ( @ZOS_RichLambert )

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 23, 2017 10:14AM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not for people who are after the daily XP bonus. That's only granted by a complete random, without specifying any dungeon at all.
    Unfortunately the system as it is now is not regular RNG. The chances of ending up in a DLC dungeon are MUCH higher for low level characters. As a result, low level characters get frustrated because of the long, harder dungeons, and the potentially high level players they'll eventually get grouped with will get frustrated too - having to explain mechanics, slow run, carrying lowbies, etc.
    This is really something illogical and frustrating for all sides and ZOS should look into it. ( @ZOS_RichLambert )

But then, if you're after the XP bonus and therefore queue for a random dungeon.. isn't it strange to want to exclude content from that? That would be redefining the term 'random' for your own gain. I agree that if there's a problem with RNG not really being RNG at all (and DLC dungeons being heavily favoured), then that should be fixed. Obviously. But that's still no reason to exclude them from the pool altogether. IF you're queuing for something random, then random is what you should get. And for DLC owners/subscribers, that includes DLC.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for DLC owners/subscribers, that includes DLC.

Hence the wording "punished for subscribing". It's true. It makes no sense that subscribing includes any kind of disadvantage, let alone a huge disadvantage such as this.

For the rest I agree with you - ZOS should fix this. Although I wouldn't consider that an player-chosen option to keep DLC dungeons out of random would dilute the meaning of "random".

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can't do vet dungeons till you're level 50 so I seriously doubt that you got grouped with a level 15

DLC you can learn ur facts
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You cannot enter a VETERAN dungeon with a pre-vet character, DLC dungeon or not.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You cannot enter a VETERAN dungeon with a pre-vet character, DLC dungeon or not.

He may had a CP15 in group and mistaken that for a level 15, it happened to me. I was in Selene Web and saw a 35. Wanted to ask about but I'm the last one willing to get people uncomfortable and I was sure we would have finished the run anyway so I didn't say anything, after a lot later I've realized that was CP, not level.

Edited by RANKK7 on September 23, 2017 3:21PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many post like this. I have one thing to say to all of them: It's called RANDOM for a reason, if you wanna have the RANDOM reward, deal with ANY dungeon you get. And if you are gonna come cry on the forum after getting a RANDOM dungeon you don't like then stop q for RANDOM dungeons!!!! DAMN!!! There is a select system ffs............
    Edited by Blackleopardex on September 23, 2017 11:29AM
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many post like this. I have one thing to say to all of them: It's called RANDOM for a reason, if you wanna have the RANDOM reward, deal with ANY dungeon you get. And if you are gonna come cry on the forum after getting a RANDOM dungeon you don't like then stop q for RANDOM dungeons!!!! DAMN!!! There is a select system ffs............

This isn't about RANDOM or people not accepting RANDOM. It's about non-subscribers getting a much better chance at RANDOM than subscribers. Everyone should be equal when facing RNG and that's not the case here.
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭

This isn't about RANDOM or people not accepting RANDOM. It's about non-subscribers getting a much better chance at RANDOM than subscribers. Everyone should be equal when facing RNG and that's not the case here.

Seems so to me. Leveld many chars and always q for dungeon as a I run around, I have never noticed a higher chance for getting a DLC, I get them to sure but not extra often no. I think this is more about people remembering only when they get DLC? :P Or not?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems so to me. Leveld many chars and always q for dungeon as a I run around, I have never noticed a higher chance for getting a DLC, I get them to sure but not extra often no. I think this is more about people remembering only when they get DLC? :P Or not?

Check @Magdalina 's post above. She explained it very well. It's maths, not feeling, memory or interpretation.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You went full RANDOM
    Never go full RANDOM
    No, really, it's like the user above said, for newcomers is a mess to get the dlc ones constantly since they own dlc (being subscribers) while there are a lot of dungeons locked at level 10 way easier and appropriate (since they just started) they could get.

lll
    lll
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭

Check @Magdalina 's post above. She explained it very well. It's maths, not feeling, memory or interpretation.

So it has nothing with some people that q specifically for these dungeon? You do known that you get get in group with people that have specific dungeon when you have random? I don't see no math(after quickly looking)... I might be wrong here but I lack proof that it actually is like this??