Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Being punished for subscribing

FoolishHuman
FoolishHuman
✭✭✭✭✭
I just wanted to do a quick dungeon on my low level character for xp and of course I get a DLC dungeon and have to leave because I don't have the time, get a 15 minute penalty and now can't do any dungeon at all. Why is it that low level characters should have a higher chance to get into a DLC dungeon with the random dungeon finder and on top of it if I were not a subscriber I would not have that problem?

I so wish I could exclude DLC dungeons from the random dungeon finder, and it wouldn't even be unfair since non-subscribers already have a random dungeon finder without DLC dungeons.
  • Demolitionary
    Demolitionary
    ✭✭✭
    More so, you left a team without a (whatever role you was/are) so they also needed to wait for another player to get through the dungeon depending on who they had in that dlc dungeon.

So the 15 minute penalty for leaving a dungeon uncompleted applies.

Yes an option for non dlc would be great but nopes, and well, you know, people also buy the dlc and do not sub so they are in the same boat. It is not just subscribers that have the DLC FYI. :wink:

If you don't have the time, you wouldn't have the time for a newbie group in a normal dungeon. So you would leave anyway and gain the penalty.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS really need to stop being lazy and add a "non-DLC dungeon" queue.

If they want to make DLC dungeons 200% more difficult (to the point of being "mini raids") than all other standard dungeons fine. But don't just lump them in the pile and expect people to be happy about it.

This has been a long time coming. Hopefully one day they will listen.
  • PurpleDrank
    PurpleDrank
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see a a checkbox that allows you to exclude DLC dungeons. Because seriously, *** Mazzatun. *** it right off. I seem to get it for my daily most days and I hate it so, so much.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    [..] I get a DLC dungeon and have to leave because I don't have the time, get a 15 minute penalty and now can't do any dungeon at all.[..]

I don't like the group finder much at all - however - I'm just going say that it's your problem.

Don't have the time? Don't queue up.

Don't think your low-level toon can complete the dungeon? Don't queue up.

Come to the forum complaining about the randomness of a random dungeon group finder? Don't queue up.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being punished for subscribing.

I came expecting this:
    PlainFirstCalf-max-1mb.gif

But all I found was this:
    temper-tantrum-o.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not do the dlc dungeon though? Assuming that's normal, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

I do agree they need to re-do the whole level lock system though, there may be a point in opening up difficult dungeons for new players so they get that experience early on but there's absolutely no logic in doing that AND locking stuff like VoM at the same time(which results in level 10s having a more than 50% chance to get a dlc dungeon as their random, whereas for a level 45 that's only like 10% or something).
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choice is never a bad thing. I would like to see options that include no DLC, DLC only and any/all. That being said, I would walk through the door for most normal dungeons. Group finder has never been my friend.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    [..] I get a DLC dungeon and have to leave because I don't have the time, get a 15 minute penalty and now can't do any dungeon at all.[..]

I don't like the group finder much at all - however - I'm just going say that it's your problem.

Come to the forum complaining about the randomness of a random dungeon group finder? Don't queue up.

Well said.

OP try doing your pledges with friends or guildies, when you have the time.

Pointless thread.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Why not do the dlc dungeon though? Assuming that's normal, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

I do agree they need to re-do the whole level lock system though, there may be a point in opening up difficult dungeons for new players so they get that experience early on but there's absolutely no logic in doing that AND locking stuff like VoM at the same time(which results in level 10s having a more than 50% chance to get a dlc dungeon as their random, whereas for a level 45 that's only like 10% or something).

Only had half an hour, my char was around level 25 and the other players were around the same level. Sorry that I left some poor people without a damage dealer, but I really thought I could get into a normal dungeon. Actually, even if I had the time I probably wouldn't have done it to be honest.

I'm just saying if I wasn't a subscriber I wouldn't have had the problem.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, please add a filter in the random dungeon finder. It wastes alot of my time when I load into a dungeon and it's a dlc dungeon, and my team consists of 3 level 23 players. I can carry some, but it's impossible when your tank don't even know how to taunt....and mechanics make it impossible to solo
    Edited by jlboozer on September 22, 2017 3:56PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Only had half an hour, my char was around level 25 and the other players were around the same level. Sorry that I left some poor people without a damage dealer, but I really thought I could get into a normal dungeon. Actually, even if I had the time I probably wouldn't have done it to be honest.

Well to be fair - not to sound like an ass - if you only have half an hour you probably shouldn't be queuing for random=x You could easily spend longer than that in almost any other dungeon with new players, for example something like Volenfell or VoM or Curcible just because of how long they are(especially if you got "other players around the same level"), or stuff like FG II/DC II because of some of the mechanics they have.

Basically if you're queueing for a random with only half an hour, what you really have in mind is that you wanna luck out on something like Spindle I and just drop group if you get something more complicated. Which tbh is pretty mean to your possible teammates who will then be stuck in that dungeon waiting for replacement=x If you REALLY wanna do that perhaps do it with friends/guildies who'd have similar goal in mind and wouldn't mind you dropping on them(or be able to carry you within that half an hour).
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. It sux. There should be an option to opt out of dlc dungeons. How many times I’ve given up at the planar inhibitor. The other day, it took me 1 1/2 hour to beat wayrest 2.

I didn’t beat any dungeons with pugs last night out of 3 different attempts. CoA2, WGT and something else. One of the DPS toon name was the master healer. It was an awful nite in tamriel.

Pug life is rough. But occasionally you get a real good group.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an inconsiderate thing to do to your teammates. A half hour is not enough time for every random dungeon you might get. Glad you had to wait, because your teammates were stuck waiting, too.
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem is using the random option. If you don't want the possibility of a dlc dungeon, use the specific option and pick the dungeons you want to run. The option is already in game, you are just choosing not to use it.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meetre wrote: »
    I think the problem is using the random option. If you don't want the possibility of a dlc dungeon, use the specific option and pick the dungeons you want to run. The option is already in game, you are just choosing not to use it.

Except you lose the Random dungeon rewards and XP when you do that.

I agree that the DLC dungeons need to be removable for the random, especially in VET. Or, at the very least, increase the random rewards for the DLC dungeons. Maybe double loot in the mail and double the XP. It makes no sense receiving the same meager reward for completing a dungeon that is much more difficult than most of the ones you may get.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I read the title...how can this be..did their limitless crafting bag disappear, or the 1500 crowns a month not show up?

The crafting bag alone I would possibly pay double the monthly fee...so yeah don't even say subbing is a punishment. That might just be the biggest joke in any game forum ever.
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    messed up quoting jaws from two posts above. (not trying to call you out specifically, just making a comment related to your's)

Those rewards are for taking ANY dungeon that you get. We are making a choice using the random option: we get extra rewards for taking the dungeon we get. I wouldn't think I should get rewarded for a random when I'm limiting the options of that random choice. That seems like what some are asking for, the chance to limit the randomness but still be rewarded for it.

Edited due to my lack of attention to detail.
    Edited by Meetre on September 22, 2017 7:23PM
  • RusevCrush
    RusevCrush
    ✭✭✭
    Ignoring the time to play aspect I completely agree with the OP. The lower the level the greater the chance of getting a DLC. Why not level lock them along with the others? I've yet to have a good experience in this scenario. Very discouraging for all involved. My non-sub friend gets a kick out of this.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meetre wrote: »
    messed up quoting jaws from two posts above. (not trying to call you out specifically, just making a comment related to your's)

Those rewards are for taking ANY dungeon that you get. We are making a choice using the random option: we get extra rewards for taking the dungeon we get. I wouldn't think I should get rewarded for a random when I'm limiting the options of that random choice. That seems like what some are asking for, the chance to limit the randomness but still be rewarded for it.

Edited due to my lack of attention to detail.

While I somewhat agree with this, it is incredible that dungeons that are disproportional more difficult are included in the randoms. I have been playing this game since November of last year and last night was the first time that I used the random tool and found a group able complete VET Maz. Why, because the difficulty is ridiculous for a PUG group. Every non-dlc dungeon (with the exception of COA2) can be completed if you have 1 or 2 poor teammates. The DLC dungeons are a bust if just one player isn't holding their weight.

This is just for VET though. Personally, I think normal randoms are fine. A bad PUG can still make the DLCs difficult, but they can mostly be soloed or at least two manned on normal with the other two players doing very little.

Edited by jaws343 on September 22, 2017 8:16PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More so, you left a team without a (whatever role you was/are) so they also needed to wait for another player to get through the dungeon depending on who they had in that dlc dungeon.

So the 15 minute penalty for leaving a dungeon uncompleted applies.

Yes an option for non dlc would be great but nopes, and well, you know, people also buy the dlc and do not sub so they are in the same boat. It is not just subscribers that have the DLC FYI. :wink:

If you don't have the time, you wouldn't have the time for a newbie group in a normal dungeon. So you would leave anyway and gain the penalty.
    If you are level 15 and get into IPC and rest of group is lvl30-cp110 you leave replacement is probably better, if they are cp500+ they carry you, if they kick you, just be happy they will not manage run.
    Just did nICP on my warden healer, nice I thought then entering, CP110-230, horrible dps as in 20K on group, 12K single target, weird enough they knew mechanics, named it veteran qualification run :)
    Only done vet CoA1 and Wayrest 1 on warden, she still lack lots of dungeon quests so random normal works well.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    ... People have beat me to the point...

but i like to beat a dead horse...

Dear OP you can pick what dungeons you want to queue, multiple dungeons too...

if you do random queue, then you can asked to be kicked if you dont want to do it. kinda of a *** move but you wont have the timer... good chance you will go right back into that party when you re-queue, assuming the party members arn't *** and actually fulfill your request to be voted...

i feel like im missing another point i had but what ever im sure other people have covered it

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the most the DLC dungeons get a reputation they do not deserve. When I do random dungeons with a random group I suggest since we are going to have to wait 15 minutes anyway we should at least go and try the first boss. Sometimes we fail but a good number of times we can finish the dungeon. Takes longer than if we had been in a regular dungeon and probably involves a lot more deaths but usually if the group is willing to try we can make it.

I suggest instead of just dropping group go to the first boss then decide if it is worth going on. Sometimes it is painfully obvious the group isn't going to make it but at least you tried and when you leave the 15 minutes should have expired.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still it don't make any sense at all, the normal DLC is in an difficulty level like the easiest vet dungeons, CoA1, Fungal 1 and Wayrest 1. yes this in it self is nice as you have an nice transition to vet dungeons, stuffing them full with level 10-15 on the other hand don't make sense. an level restriction on random dungeons made sense, not on pre formed groups but if you queue for random dungeon alone.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.^

It's a random dungeon ... not an "I don't like this dungeon so I want a redo."
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoM, locked to level 45...DLC, available at level 10.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to do a quick dungeon on my low level character for xp and of course I get a DLC dungeon and have to leave because I don't have the time, get a 15 minute penalty and now can't do any dungeon at all. .

Translation: OP wanted an easy dungeons so that high levels could quickly carry him through. Get's into DLC dungeon, doesn't want to play it, leaves group, then whines because he has a penalty for prematurely leaving group.

+1 for feature working as intended.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rtaher they put Matazun in a seperate "special" queue, or just nerf it into line with all the other dungeons. sadly SoH represents what I call ESO's "Lost island phase" (named for a dungeon in SWTOR that was rediuclasly harder then the rest. you could do a raid, have a much easier time of it and get better or equivilant gear) where you had just eneugh players screaming for harder content that they decided to deliver, and the result is a dungeon no one likes to do because the rewards aren't worth it
    Edited by BrianDavion on September 22, 2017 9:13PM
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It only take around a half an hour to solo a normal dungeon
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    The point some have brought up about restricting dlc's from the random queue based on character level is a good idea (in my opinion) . That being said, if you want the random rewards you must deal with the random dungeon. It is the choice we make when doing random dungeons.
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is correct in the need.

However, OP shouldn't queue up if only 30 minutes. Now we will see another thread about "pple drppin for mah dungion run wtfbbqfailgambrokun!!1!"