The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Horow’s AFK vMA Sorc Build for people looking to clear for the first time

• Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bhagwad wrote: »
    Horowonnoe wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I used this build immediately after I leveled up my sorc and did really well with it! I even finished vMA in a single sitting!

One question though. Where do you get fire damage to proc Ilambris?

You can enchant your front shock staff with a fire enchant instead of lightning to proc ilambris.

Hmmm. Do you feel that's it's enough fire damage to proc Ilambris reliably? Because the trade off is the loss of off balance, and given the amount of heavy attacks in the build, I'm worried that we might not get enough compensation!

Your Iceheart suggestion was fantastic btw :smiley:

Yup! Enough to proc and the loss of off balance is not enough to be noticeable.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Netch > Necropotence on Heavy Attack sorc. Other than that ofc a solid build.

Currently at around 570k with a similar build...

Also, Charged>Infused in vMA anytime. The basically guaranteed off-balance is so strong.

If only boss on stage 6 could be put off-balance that would be lovely :)
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Thx @Horowonnoe it's good to see players providing their proven builds for a specific purpose.

Sure.. it's always nice when others share their completions, build and whatever work for them in hopes it will help others. However, it is a MagSorc. Even a casual non-hardcore player as I can get through vMA with just casual sets as Julianos and Spinner. ..and no, this is not a stupid nerf a sorc related comment. I'm not saying it's anything breezily or easily. Heck, no matter how many times I had gone through it, it's still forehead sweating each time. It is what works for you, but I actually faired less with a pet. Well, because a pet takes up 2 slots, which you have to slot on both bars. You're just losing out on 2 dpsing skillsets. Plus, the pet only goes after one add, and you always have to keep a track on its health and keep rejuvenating it, which can distract you from the rest or your focus.

It really doesn't matter if you're a first timer or whatever set or build you have, you're not going to fair well until you have gone through numerous rounds after rounds and learn those mechanics. You just have to play it a lot and die alot before you get the mechanics down and become somewhat comfortable with it; my opinion, at least. Spam shield, heavy attacks, Liquid Lightning, Elemental Blockade, Power Surge and Haunting Curse, and you should be fine. It also helps if you are comfortable in ACing LA/Force Pulse, LA/Crystal Blast or Frag and LA/Mage's Fury or Wrath; this is what knocks out them adds and bosses faster.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on December 21, 2017 2:06PM
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this. I used this build immediately after I leveled up my sorc and did really well with it! I even finished vMA in a single sitting!

One question though. Where do you get fire damage to proc Ilambris?

You can enchant your front shock staff with a fire enchant instead of lightning to proc ilambris.

Hmmm. Do you feel that's it's enough fire damage to proc Ilambris reliably? Because the trade off is the loss of off balance, and given the amount of heavy attacks in the build, I'm worried that we might not get enough compensation!

Your Iceheart suggestion was fantastic btw :smiley:

Yup! Enough to proc and the loss of off balance is not enough to be noticeable.

Ok, I'll test it today and let you know! Right now I'm using a charged staff with shock enchant (front bar) for guaranteed off balance. I'll switch to an infused with fire enchant + Ilambris and see how it works out.
  • Dessolate
    Dessolate
    Soul Shriven
    So, i just cleared vMA for the first time at CP 395 using this build. My comments about this build is that, it is not the best Damage, speed or score run build. However if you are using this correctly and you know the mechanics, it is really, really hard to fail a wave using this build. The set combinations mixed with the skills means that you regen your magika and hp really fast. Which is super important, especially for the final boss where there is a lot of damage being delt. And you have the streak for the stun, which is vital. All in all, it is a really easy build for a magika sorc to use to beat vMA for the first time. Look at me, and my CP for proof of it.
  • H1ker
    H1ker
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! I just got my first VMA clear using this build. The idea of using Iceheart was the final piece that let me learn the fights without dying.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    H1ker wrote: »
    Thank you! I just got my first VMA clear using this build. The idea of using Iceheart was the final piece that let me learn the fights without dying.

Glad it helped : )
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage