The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Solar Barrage

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    For that solar barrage, it's roughly 2k per tick with 3 ticks. Total of 6 k DMG but 1 second cast time that you can be cc'd in and have to get in range. And you'll still subject to immobilze spells. Can you cast mist form after you cast solar barrage? If not, good luck against DKs or ranged immobilze; forward momentum would be better for this spell.

Compared to 2.5 k per reflect+ 2.5k final DMG means unstable core on pts would be better, assuming the enemy will hit you a couple of times. Because of the instant cast, you can choose when to apply it but because of the cc immunity forcing the spell to never take effect it's unreliable. Edit: 3 reflects of UC will exceed 3 ticks of solar barrage.

I can see issues for both, but without reliability, these spells will be dropped in favor of other spells.

zgfq5yuwet6k.png

That's in heavy armor without Wrath stacks, not even full dmg gear.

It also procs Skoria based on my tests.

What you can do with it is combine it with both Unstable Core (explosion deals same dmg as one Barrage tick) & Purifying Light as well as Soul Assault for some disgusting damage.

I think people are writing this skill off too quickly.

What sets are you running? Also, have you tested what cp it's working with?

DW/S&B: 5 War Maiden 5 Soulshine (main bar) 2 Skoria & 2x Asylum S&B off bar for infinite magicka.

Though now that I think about it, BSW could be better than War Maiden for this setup...

It works with Master-at-Arms (not Thaumaturge) & the usual Elfborn/Elemental Expert/Spell Erosion ofc

Edit: seems like Soulshine doesn't even increase the damage despite it being a cast time ability - disappointing.
    Edited by DDuke on September 23, 2017 8:33PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For that solar barrage, it's roughly 2k per tick with 3 ticks. Total of 6 k DMG but 1 second cast time that you can be cc'd in and have to get in range. And you'll still subject to immobilze spells. Can you cast mist form after you cast solar barrage? If not, good luck against DKs or ranged immobilze; forward momentum would be better for this spell.

Compared to 2.5 k per reflect+ 2.5k final DMG means unstable core on pts would be better, assuming the enemy will hit you a couple of times. Because of the instant cast, you can choose when to apply it but because of the cc immunity forcing the spell to never take effect it's unreliable. Edit: 3 reflects of UC will exceed 3 ticks of solar barrage.

I can see issues for both, but without reliability, these spells will be dropped in favor of other spells.

zgfq5yuwet6k.png

What you can do with it is combine it with both Unstable Core (explosion deals same dmg as one Barrage tick) & Purifying Light as well as Soul Assault for some disgusting damage.

DW/S&B: 5 War Maiden 5 Soulshine (main bar) 2 Skoria & 2x Asylum S&B off bar for infinite magicka.

Though now that I think about it, BSW could be better than War Maiden for this setup...

It works with Master-at-Arms (not Thaumaturge) & the usual Elfborn/Elemental Expert/Spell Erosion ofc

Edit: seems like Soulshine doesn't even increase the damage despite it being a cast time ability - disappointing.

Yes I can see bsw being a good set to try with this skill. Sad soulshine doesn't buff it; that should be a bug or oversight.

But the DMG after battlespirit and the time converted to per second equates to 1997 per second.

Here's the tool tip for unstable core (31k mag 2300 s)
    2.4k per reflect and another 2.4k on final hit.panlyiy31p4q.jpg

Still terrible.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

zgfq5yuwet6k.png

Yes I can see bsw being a good set to try with this skill. Sad soulshine doesn't buff it; that should be a bug or oversight.

But the DMG after battlespirit and the time converted to per second equates to 1997 per second.

Here's the tool tip for unstable core (31k mag 2300 s)
    2.4k per reflect and another 2.4k on final hit.panlyiy31p4q.jpg

Still terrible.

Soul shine didn't buff it huh? That's lame. Master at arms is a bummer too.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    To me, it seems like Templar is going to become the new best EotS bomber with the new barrage. It times out perfectly:

Barrage, eye, toppling charge, sweeps, execute (skoria+burning light procs in there somewhere). There first eye tick and the first barrage tick should happen at the same time.

The cast time is rough, but can be worked around. Alternatively, barrage+purifying light. The last barrage tick will hit before PL pops

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a sec...can someone compare the damage on live to the damage on PTS? Need to see what the accual damage is i *** too much...seems there may be some awesome possibilities here.

One thing ive noticed with templar is a lack of strong AOE damage of course not talking about sweeps spam!! But even blazing spear isnt THAT great...on my toon its less than 1k damage per second. Unstable core while really fun to cast, the danage felt weak when compared to purifying light, not too mention the AOE effect seemed hard to deal with.

Couple a hard hitting AOE with proxdet, sweeps and eye/ DBOS...i think we might have something here. Maybe have it tick every seconds instead of every two...abd no casttime but make it have a damage delay like core....
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Wait a sec...can someone compare the damage on live to the damage on PTS? Need to see what the accual damage is i *** too much...seems there may be some awesome possibilities here.

One thing ive noticed with templar is a lack of strong AOE damage of course not talking about sweeps spam!! But even blazing spear isnt THAT great...on my toon its less than 1k damage per second. Unstable core while really fun to cast, the danage felt weak when compared to purifying light, not too mention the AOE effect seemed hard to deal with.

Couple a hard hitting AOE with proxdet, sweeps and eye/ DBOS...i think we might have something here. Maybe have it tick every seconds instead of every two...abd no casttime but make it have a damage delay like core....

I was hoping barrage would have a similar tooltip to my dark flare on live. Wont be the case if soulshine doesn't impact it.

Don't forget proxy det if you're going to bomb. Proxy, purifying light a few times for some damage and the healing effect afterwards, barrage, eots, toppling, spear, sweeps all with grothdar. Sounds fun.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it interesting how many good arguments for this new barrage have popped up. It's really opened my eyes to the possibilities. It's a shame though, I'm not much of a pvp'er so I guess I was mostly disappointed by how the skill may not be much use in pve. But again, I will give it a chance.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar is a DoT class dmg, i really DNT KNOW why ZOS insists on empower.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major sorcery, major prophecy, minor expedition or minor heroism... i dont... just suggestions, but empower is useless
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Wrobel
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minor expedition after 1sec cast time is a good option very useful and it will give some mobility for templars
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    Minor expedition after 1sec cast time is a good option very useful and it will give some mobility for templars

Minor expedition would help both mag/Stam without making Stam too fast. They will hit two birds with one stone; mobilty mag buff+ a stamplar utility morph in one skill.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »

Minor expedition would help both mag/Stam without making Stam too fast. They will hit two birds with one stone; mobilty mag buff+ a stamplar utility morph in one skill.

@minno u are right, it will be very useful for stamplar too
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I would slot it even for Minor Expedition. The flaw of 1s cast time and only a 6 second buff remain.

Major Expedition makes more sense, and I don't think Stamina Templars would even use this skill since it is a magicka skill and most have a Bow backbar that they can use for 5 seconds of Major Expedition.

Actually, since ZoS seems to not want Templars to be fast at all, tying the Expedition to a short buff with a cast time seems like a pretty good compromise.
  • NevoX
    NevoX
    ✭✭
    Hi, seems to me the cast time set to 1 sec is prolonged by the animation time that is closer to 2 seconds.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wolfram
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I know you're still working on this skill so I'm going to show you some points that are completely wrong on this skill. Im here to help.

1 - Before the change solar barrage was a instant cast skill and the most important: it was direct dmg. As a direct dmg and spammable skill the empower buff was reaplied every time because it worked on it, but now solar barrage is a DoT, so empower dnt make sense, it will not work on it.

2 - Templar is a DoT class... so empower will not work on puncturing, proximity, radiant, solar barrage, eclipse, spear, blockade...
    Now it is really uselles will not work on solar barrage like before.

3 - Now solar barrage is a cast time skill and in this game: cast time = very exposed so it needs a good buff to compensate it.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by LordSlif on October 2, 2017 4:44PM
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope
    Edited by LordSlif on October 2, 2017 4:43PM