The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

what happend to all the stam sorcs??

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaysins wrote: »
    I just think stamina dragon knights and sorcerers should get a spamming attack. The other three classes have viable stamina morphs for their main spammable. It'd add so much diversity to builds.

They have it, it is called "executioner".

Just put one or 2 dots, crit rush and once they get 50% health, start spamming it.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    That's not a class skill spammable ....
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    People have gone off to chase the meta that someone told them exists now. Frankly, all classes were hit by the vitality nerf and the dark deal nerf was small. You don't need proc sets to kill in any format. You still have unparalleled mobility which was the stamsorc pillar before.

I'm going to go ahead and say that a Stamblade has more mobility than a Sorc, via Shadow Image and Cloak. Nothing messes with people like that combo.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    I just think stamina dragon knights and sorcerers should get a spamming attack. The other three classes have viable stamina morphs for their main spammable. It'd add so much diversity to builds.

Just put one or 2 dots, crit rush and once they get 50% health, start spamming it.

You quotet: "It'd add so much diversity to builds"

You answered with a skill that is neither a real spammable (okay, you can spam it but that's not this skills intention) from a specific weapon skill line.

So to obtain build diversity all they have to do is using 2h. Is that what you are saying?

Flurry is a spam. But even this binds you to a weapon.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    yes i barley see one in bgs or cryo

i thought they have the best sustain and will be verry popular

They are currently non-functional.

When they removed the skill cost redux CP the cost of skills became so inflated that you can basically cast 2 abilities and then you are out of resources.

Not only that but tanking is so disproportionate to damage output on a stam sorc even stacking full damage or procs now you have almost no impact vs opponents, and the balance was bad to begin with with having to sacrifice all your defensive options for offensive ones. It might do ok if you full stack health regen MAYBE you MIGHT be alright but you basically HAVE to have troll king/orgnum/beekeeper to pull that off and I'm not going through hours and hours and hours of farming to test health regen on a stam sorc on the off chance it might maybe work maybe (provided you are willing to accept your damage will be too low to do anything).

I mean right now you basically can't even use crit surge because the cost is too damn high. The whole class is broken in pvp. Its so high risk and plays so disproportionately (badly) to other classes that its not worth playing.
    Izaki wrote: »
    People have gone off to chase the meta that someone told them exists now. Frankly, all classes were hit by the vitality nerf and the dark deal nerf was small. You don't need proc sets to kill in any format. You still have unparalleled mobility which was the stamsorc pillar before.

I'm going to go ahead and say that a Stamblade has more mobility than a Sorc, via Shadow Image and Cloak. Nothing messes with people like that combo.

IMO true.

The problem is people want a mobile kite class with no defensive options to play well close range vs tanks with unrealistically disproportionately higher tanking capacity.

It's an impossible balance.

I'm not being closed minded here, show me a build that can bring down a well constructed tank in this meta. I'm seriously out of ideas. Maybe if I had veli or valkyn *maybe* I could come up with something. But again its pve grinding out for a hat or shoulders for the chance at a build that MIGHT work MAYBE.

I'd rather put my energy into a nightblade that has better versions of virtually every class ability going and synergizes with virtually every non-class ability better, and has better mobility.
    Edited by Cathexis on September 26, 2017 4:38PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Cathexis I think you're exaggerating a bit. Non-functional is a bit too harsh. Sure, other classes outshine Stam sorc currently, but it is possible to compete with the best of the best on a Stam sorc. You just have to outplay them. Any mistake will cost you greatly on a Stam sorc. Health regeneration isn't necessary on a Stam sorc. My current build has been successful for the last few patches with few changes without investing any in health regeneration. Ability cost is not an issue for me, you just need to learn to manage resources.

If you'd like help making stam sorc work, I'm always willing to help. Meta/non-meta setups, rotations, tips/tricks.... whatever you need, I can probably help if it has to do with Stam sorc.
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
    Options
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    As for the rest of the comments in the thread, I do not think a class spammable is the answer to balance for Stam sorc. No matter what weapon you choose, you are provided a spammable; some weapon choices provide more than one option. I welcome the addition of a class stun from rune prison. It will help in dealing with permablock/s+b builds that Stam sorcs currently have no answer to (sure you can dot them up and use the current rune cage to hope to get them into implosion range, but this combo works best with a dot ultimate instead of dawnbreaker, removing the Stam sorcs only option for true burst).

I have been asked what I think the class needs. Instead of a class spammable, I would like to see some form of burst added. This would allow for the mobile style of sorc to shine. The ability of a Stam sorc to get in, burst, and get out has been lacking in the burst department in recent patches. Thank you Zos for fixing dodgable dawnbreakers, that was game breaking for the class. Burst can be applied in multiple ways. This can be achieved through application of defile, which decreases an enemy's healing, or through application of a damage effect. I prefer the damage effect option, personally. The damage effect can apply burst through dot pressure or timed, direct damage. Either of these options would be a good change to stamina sorcerer balance-wise. However, I hope that if a direct damage burst effect is added, it is not as simple as putting curse on an opponent and timing its explosion with a dawnbreaker. No need to turn it into a stamina warden.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on September 27, 2017 12:00AM

Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been asked what I think the class needs. Instead if a class spammable, I would like to see some form of burst added. This would allow for the mobile style of sorc to shine. The ability of a Stam sorc to get in, burst, and get out has been lacking in the burst department in recent patches. Thank you Zos for fixing dodgable dawnbreakers, that was game breaking for the class. Burst can be applied in multiple ways. This can be achieved through application of defile which decreases an enemy's healing or through application of a damage effect. The damage effect can apply burst through dot pressure or timed, direct damage. Either of these options would be a good change to stamina sorcerer balance-wise. However, I hope that if a direct damage burst effect is added, it is not as simple as putting curse on an opponent and timing its explosion with a dawnbreaker. No need to turn it into a stamina warden.

I would be way down for a burst skill. Maybe a stam morph of frags?
    Options
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @montiferus Yes, @ZOS_Wrobel please stop trying to make crystal blast work. An interruptible cast time aoe will never be used over a procable instant cast skill in pve or pvp. Please give Stam sorcs some much needed love.

Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorcs are great but not what they used to be.

I think only the real ones stay now :-D

Options
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing stam sorc lately and I love it. But I have also been playing stam warden, and I can say without a doubt that stam warden is much, much better. But it's not the damage. It's shimmering shield.

Without LoS, stam sorc (even in 5 heavy) gets absolutely blown up by ranged magic. It needs a way to deal with that, imo.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cathexis I think you're exaggerating a bit. Non-functional is a bit too harsh. Sure, other classes outshine Stam sorc currently, but it is possible to compete with the best of the best on a Stam sorc. You just have to outplay them. Any mistake will cost you greatly on a Stam sorc. Health regeneration isn't necessary on a Stam sorc. My current build has been successful for the last few patches with few changes without investing any in health regeneration. Ability cost is not an issue for me, you just need to learn to manage resources.

If you'd like help making stam sorc work, I'm always willing to help. Meta/non-meta setups, rotations, tips/tricks.... whatever you need, I can probably help if it has to do with Stam sorc.

My resource management is fine. I know how to run and teleport indefinitely. Resource management is not the issue, it is the proportional cost of using abilities relative to their effectiveness. I can tell you, you will not compete with the best of the best outside of a 1v1 setting without poisons. Even with poisons its doubtful. I have not seen a stam sorc build in the last 4 patches that can solo close range effectively and reliably.

The problem you are trying to address with my perspective is the wrong problem. You are confining yourself to the limitations of the current dynamic and then saying "within that balance, things are fine" when the real issue is that the overall balance is subpar. This is the class I have played the most, extensively, through a history of patches and I can tell you that the burst potential is inadequate to adequately compete. It has nothing to do with making errors, success is contingent on your opponent making errors - and that indicates to me that the class is then subordinate to other classes by nature, where other classes are not contingent on their opponent making errors to be successful because they have adequate damage to overpower an opponent given the opportunity.

When I can hit an opponent for 30k and it does 10% damage to their health, theres a proportional numeric problem happening.
    Edited by Cathexis on September 27, 2017 4:53AM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Cathexis what platform do you play on?

Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cathexis what platform do you play on?

Pc

I just want to add too that if I am hitting for 30k, and it does 10%, that means Id have to hit them 10 times for 300k damage in a burst window that exceeds their healing response.

Thats not just difficult, its not possible.
    Edited by Cathexis on September 27, 2017 5:24AM
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

My resource management is fine. I know how to run and teleport indefinitely. Resource management is not the issue, it is the proportional cost of using abilities relative to their effectiveness. I can tell you, you will not compete with the best of the best outside of a 1v1 setting without poisons. Even with poisons its doubtful. I have not seen a stam sorc build in the last 4 patches that can solo close range effectively and reliably.

The problem you are trying to address with my perspective is the wrong problem. You are confining yourself to the limitations of the current dynamic and then saying "within that balance, things are fine" when the real issue is that the overall balance is subpar. This is the class I have played the most, extensively, through a history of patches and I can tell you that the burst potential is inadequate to adequately compete. It has nothing to do with making errors, success is contingent on your opponent making errors - and that indicates to me that the class is then subordinate to other classes by nature, where other classes are not contingent on their opponent making errors to be successful because they have adequate damage to overpower an opponent given the opportunity.

When I can hit an opponent for 30k and it does 10% damage to their health, theres a proportional numeric problem happening.

pretty sure before morrowind everyone was playing stam sorc or at least it felt like it
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

pretty sure before morrowind everyone was playing stam sorc or at least it felt like it

What does it matter what people played several month ago?
    Options
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

Because let people usually play what is the best at that time
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    yes i barley see one in bgs or cryo

i thought they have the best sustain and will be verry popular

They are currently non-functional.

When they removed the skill cost redux CP the cost of skills became so inflated that you can basically cast 2 abilities and then you are out of resources.

Not only that but tanking is so disproportionate to damage output on a stam sorc even stacking full damage or procs now you have almost no impact vs opponents, and the balance was bad to begin with with having to sacrifice all your defensive options for offensive ones. It might do ok if you full stack health regen MAYBE you MIGHT be alright but you basically HAVE to have troll king/orgnum/beekeeper to pull that off and I'm not going through hours and hours and hours of farming to test health regen on a stam sorc on the off chance it might maybe work maybe (provided you are willing to accept your damage will be too low to do anything).

I mean right now you basically can't even use crit surge because the cost is too damn high. The whole class is broken in pvp. Its so high risk and plays so disproportionately (badly) to other classes that its not worth playing.
    Izaki wrote: »

IMO true.

The problem is people want a mobile kite class with no defensive options to play well close range vs tanks with unrealistically disproportionately higher tanking capacity.

It's an impossible balance.

I'm not being closed minded here, show me a build that can bring down a well constructed tank in this meta. I'm seriously out of ideas. Maybe if I had veli or valkyn *maybe* I could come up with something. But again its pve grinding out for a hat or shoulders for the chance at a build that MIGHT work MAYBE.

I'd rather put my energy into a nightblade that has better versions of virtually every class ability going and synergizes with virtually every non-class ability better, and has better mobility.

Bit dramatic. I can shred people on mine and still survive pretty well. 7th legion, agility, slimecraw, vma axe. Shame they killed this build next patch :(
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know. But the issue is that they are a rare sight right now and, as it was said before, it seems like other classes have more to offer.
    Options
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

I know. But the issue is that they are a rare sight right now and, as it was said before, it seems like other classes have more to offer.
    I know I was responding to the part where they said they haven't seen a good stam sorc build for solo close range in 4 patches
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Deal cast is very clunky... honestly, if I were to fire up my Stam Sorc for PvP again, I wouldn't even bother putting Dark Deal on my bar...

It is so clunky that basically you need to get away from the commotion of a fight and then use it... that's basically what Fengrush has to do... use all his stam to take out a target(s)... LOS and use Dark Deal...

They should have never touched the cast time of Dark Deal and instead should have simply adjusted how much resources were returned.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Dark deal is definitely clunky and I would like it reworked as well or even into a passive. I rather have diversity at this point than really buff the class too much though I wouldn't mind a gentle nudge in that direction. For example, a stam version of streak that grants you major expedition for five seconds afterwards or acts as a gap closer if you have someone tab targeted. Or a spammable that is very fast and can be woven in between light attacks to keep with the quick and run and gun feel of the class or a medium range spammable like birds but without that undodgable BS. I'd love ZOS to look at ways to make the class more dynamic.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
    Options
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    I think the dark deal change was a good one. Sure, it's a headache. But getting a huge chunk of resources should have some risk/reward to it. With 1s cast time it was a lot more difficult to interrupt due to global cooldown. You should be forced to create distance to dark deal. After all, Stam sorc is provided with the tools to do so. With practice, it is a worthwhile skill and deserves a spot on any Stam sorc's bar, even in its current state.

I will say there is one problem with dark deal, and that is dark deal casting in lag. It is interruptible even after the animation is complete.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on September 27, 2017 5:05PM

Options
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Cathexis PC/NA?

Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's not a class skill spammable ....

And? Do stamdKs have it?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

You quotet: "It'd add so much diversity to builds"

You answered with a skill that is neither a real spammable (okay, you can spam it but that's not this skills intention) from a specific weapon skill line.

So to obtain build diversity all they have to do is using 2h. Is that what you are saying?

Flurry is a spam. But even this binds you to a weapon.

I think sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm increasingly of the mind that this is false. People play what they perceive to be the best, based on a smattering of meta politics. This reinforces the meta, making that particular grouping of player more effective.

A single cancer tank is not effective, but an army of cancer tanks is very effective, just like if you made an army of high mobility sorcerers or pet sorcs, or beam templars, or snipers. Because the underlying truth of the game is that there are two fundamental zerg variables that have never been addressed that have systematically detracted from the quality of gameplay - excessive tanking and focus fire. Focus fire ultimately has no hard counter - you can resist it with tanking or mobility or cloak - but at its core a well coordinated focus fire wins every time. At the other end of the spectrum you have excessive tanking now where a player can effectively easily resist a single opponent with sheer blockheal numbers, rather than strategic implementation of countermoves. These have become the core pillars of zerging and what has effectively eliminated real competitive play at a small scale level.

I guarantee you if you dial back pure tank, scale up resources a bit, and structure classes to be able to resist focus fire, you will see a massive return of small scale and solo play.

Some easy changes I always think of off the top of my head are:
    Do away with detect pots and make detect abilities more effective (or rather make them on par with each other)
    Scale tanking in a way that requires players to pull back or sacrifice offensive action to recover and trade off by gaining the ability to dynamically resist huge burst potentials (rather than simply passively resisting damage)
    Implement more cast times for defensive actions, but remove bash interupt (so you have to specifically use abilities that interrupt if that is part of your specific rotation) and instead maybe implement a minor debuff from bashing (lots of options)
    Implement abilities in such a way that they resist focus fire (mobility, shield spam and cloak are classic examples of active rather than passive resistance)
    Scale back CC effects (OMG GET RID OF GAP CLOSER SNARE NO ONE LIKES THIS) and universalize CC immunity (so if I CC break, I'm immune to all CC from multiple sources for X time)

Part of the problem is that pvp has become much too cooshy. Survivability has been focused on passive benefits and rotations rather than actively playing and strategy in the situation, which is why you are seeing a massive conformity among intelligent players to simply zerg up - defensive coosh is massively outweighing active offensive or defensive active play.
    Edited by Cathexis on September 28, 2017 8:36PM
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cathexis PC/NA?

PC/NA
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Cathexis meet me in game. My @name is @speed_kills. I can show you many things.

Options