i thought they have the best sustain and will be verry popular
Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People moved onto the new fad maybe?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They switched back to mag Sorc because they are better. Original ones are still about.
    PC EU
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still play mine. Made it when IC come out so no matter how much they get nefed, they'll always be buffed in my eyes :)
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    im just figuring out its worth reanimate my stamsorc

or is it better to equip one of my other sleeping toons (stamwarden stamdk stamplar)
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine I actually created around 2 months ago, realised I love the playing style so I play it in Cyro all the time. Mind you, I never tried out MagSorc in pvp.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark deal, constitution and procset nerfs, I reckon.

I called it a while ago - when constitution and dark-deal were getting nerfed in the same patch - but as usual, the sorc-haters are all still spouting the dark-deal OP mantra..

I do still see the odd strong stamsorc player with a good build tanking multiple opponents and bursting them down 1v1 - but its very rare since most other classes can do it better.

Its still best at running away though!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I called it a while ago - when constitution and dark-deal were getting nerfed in the same patch - but as usual, the sorc-haters are all still spouting the dark-deal OP mantra..

I do still see the odd strong stamsorc player with a good build tanking multiple opponents and bursting them down 1v1 - but its very rare since most other classes can do it better.

LOL, with Shacklebreaker + Hulking Draug'r + Dubious Camoran Throne I don't even need Dark Deal.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's exactly the point.

I came to that conclusion after those nerfs that I'd need to build it not to need dark deal. too. It means sacrificing damage/survivability/flexibility for sustain.. (I'm guessing you're giving up slots to run bound armaments with that to make the most of high stam/regen?)

But people still insist that dark-deal is op and stamsorcs crutch on it.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still main a stamsorc :)

Fun to play
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    I like em so much i have 2 one a khajit one an orc
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    .. but u guys with me when i say they are really rare now in pvp environments?
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing mine again. Just over all seems a lot squishier and sustain is horrible and this is after primarily playing a magblade with no sustain sets for weeks. An ult build to get negate and do root/streak spam is still probably one of the best group utility classes.

The guys I fight who have just stuck to their stam sorc don't seem to be having any problems so right now I'm chalking it up to making the switch back to stam from magic. The sustain though is just rough. I used to have no problem running eternal hunt/senche, now I find myself on my overload bar doing the equilibrium/dark deal shuffle a lot. I've been wondering if it's just more people putting points into siphoning. Might be a CP issue too, i don't have as many points into bash reduce as I used to.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see alot on xbox NA.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I came to that conclusion after those nerfs that I'd need to build it not to need dark deal. too. It means sacrificing damage/survivability/flexibility for sustain.. (I'm guessing you're giving up slots to run bound armaments with that to make the most of high stam/regen?)

Yeah, I use Bound Armaments on both bars and am a Redguard. Stamina is at 42K and regen around 1700. And that's with 5 heavy and 2 medium.
    Edited by The Uninvited on September 20, 2017 12:18PM

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless they are stopped using hurricane I personally too see very few of them. I just thought they are all in noCP or BG, because they are so much better in that environment imo.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, with Shacklebreaker + Hulking Draug'r + Dubious Camoran Throne I don't even need Dark Deal.

Yup, I agree. Though I turned mine into a type of Negate tank I'm still tinkering with. You probably won't believe me, but even with Hurricane up for mobility, I'm STILL killing people with the Pulverize passive.....

Biro, these people probably don't even have a StamSorc. Unlike those of us who have the toon, then those rare people who have 1 of each type of class, and have a lot of experience around how to build them.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 20, 2017 9:41PM
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are still plenty on XBOX NA. I main one and have stuck with him for a while now.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They switched back to mag Sorc because they are better. Original ones are still about.

Pretty much this.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i still see plenty in no-cp, albeit not as many as as before, mainly because tons of players now experiencing the newer warden class. still, many more stamsorcs than stamplars around. that said, the amount of nightblades is completely insane - and that's even without the bad ones you don't see because they lurk in stealth without ever attacking a decent target.
    Edited by Kas on September 21, 2017 10:06AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    .. but u guys with me when i say they are really rare now in pvp environments?

Yeh, they are. I don't see many running them
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The dark deal change was marginal. I mean, dark deal is still super super strong. Just need to los to get most out of it.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 21, 2017 10:13AM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, I agree. Though I turned mine into a type of Negate tank I'm still tinkering with. You probably won't believe me, but even with Hurricane up for mobility, I'm STILL killing people with the Pulverize passive.....

Biro, these people probably don't even have a StamSorc. Unlike those of us who have the toon, then those rare people who have 1 of each type of class, and have a lot of experience around how to build them.
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    The dark deal change was marginal. I mean, dark deal is still super super strong. Just need to los to get most out of it.

I main a StamSorc in No CP PvP and i say that Dark Deal is the single strongest ability in this game. Period. If you think that Dark Deal is not through the roof, insane OP, in my mind you are either;

A. Clueless
    B. Full of ****

Sure, it has the weakness of being bashable, which will get you killed IF you meet someone capable of bashing you. Still. No other skill comes even close, in terms of resource management and healing (in No CP, the heal is same strength as a BoL)

Back on topic;

StamSorcs went away with the barrage of nerfs to heavy armor, procsets and stamina in general. Some of us are still left though.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

Brrrofski wrote: »

I main a StamSorc in No CP PvP and i say that Dark Deal is the single strongest ability in this game. Period. If you think that Dark Deal is not through the roof, insane OP, in my mind you are either;

A. Clueless
    B. Full of ****

Sure, it has the weakness of being bashable, which will get you killed IF you meet someone capable of bashing you. Still. No other skill comes even close, in terms of resource management and healing (in No CP, the heal is same strength as a BoL)

Back on topic;

StamSorcs went away with the barrage of nerfs to heavy armor, procsets and stamina in general. Some of us are still left though.

Are you quoting me because you think I agree or disagree with you?

Because I said it was super strong and the supposed nerf really wasn't.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was plenty in no cp Bg's at first but they disappeared after HOTR, it's not really exclusive to them because a lot of stam builds did too.

Yesterday I actually came across a really good stam sorc, was hitting like a truck.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't play mine much now, tbf.. Compared to the classes I do prefer, I just don't like the mechanic that means having to buff so much before each fight and to keep so many buffs up.

That's mostly just a personal preference thing.
    There was plenty in no cp Bg's at first but they disappeared after HOTR, it's not really exclusive to them because a lot of stam builds did too.

Yesterday I actually came across a really good stam sorc, was hitting like a truck.

I did too, a few days ago.. Was really tanky too. Its kind of sad that its so rare that it stood out so much.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamsorcs are really good still a dotsorc with speed+skoria is really strong, they are not not FOTM anymore, so all the plebs are back to magsorc.

Dark deal is broken in that it doesn't take any resources when bashed, Hurricane is still a really fun skill but the damage could be better, and heavy armour isn't mega godmode anymore.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anything takes any resources when bashed, dark deal isn't special in that regard.

Something which people don't seem to consider when mentioning this is that bashing is normally combined with an ani-cancelled attack.. So while the sorc who is trying to dark-deal gets interrupted, he is also taking full damage, while not blocking, dodging healing or dealing any damage back in return. He then needs to try again to get those resources/health he needed..
    A sorc getting interrupted during a dark-deal is NOT in a good place.
    Edited by Biro123 on September 22, 2017 10:27AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah there are a few of us out there now.

Sticking to it because it is the most fun stam build, but it is a little squishy.

It is tough for those who rely on dark deal, but then again - You can stack extreme damage, then streak to LOS and then dark deal to reset the fight.

There is 2 options. Hit like a truck and rely on dark deal or have plenty of sustain, but then hit like a wet noodle.

The few out there still running stam sorc are usually pretty good at it. :wink:
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can comment that in BGs they are no more common than they are in Cyro. A once in a blue moon type thing and then I always try and check and make sure they are actually a stam sorc because there are so few of them.

People must have realized there are better options for stam, personally find stam sorc to be non-optimal.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PvE? There are still some. But Stam DK is better in terms of sustain and Stamblade is better in terms of ST DPS.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade