The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

what happend to all the stam sorcs??

• Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because my stam warden has stamina direct damage skills, can protect groupmates, can backheal, etc...

So much better, so much funnier.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    In PvE? There are still some. But Stam DK is better in terms of sustain and Stamblade is better in terms of ST DPS.

lol u know this is a PVP thread right?
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will say stam sorc is at its lowest point in a while. All the other stam classes are superior. Part of the reason I stay on it is becasue it is my highest ranking toon. A buddy of mine switched to stam warden and he is absolutely wrecking on it. Stamden seems to be the new go to class.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    The "easy mode" viper tremor stamsorcs are gone. Good riddance.

I am on mine when I have time to play, a fairly unconventional alchemist build, and I am liking it since Morrowind. But I do think that wardens, magsorcs have better burst potential. Also survivability is not really a stamsorc's deal. How much Fengrush plays warden these days, says a lot.

You can definitely build a stamsorc with no darkdeal, given huge recovery benefits from bound armor. Keeping it at least on overload helps though.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nCats wrote: »
    The "easy mode" viper tremor stamsorcs are gone. Good riddance.

I am on mine when I have time to play, a fairly unconventional alchemist build, and I am liking it since Morrowind. But I do think that wardens, magsorcs have better burst potential. Also survivability is not really a stamsorc's deal. How much Fengrush plays warden these days, says a lot.

You can definitely build a stamsorc with no darkdeal, given huge recovery benefits from bound armor. Keeping it at least on overload helps though.

Many players dropped their builds because of the proc set nerfs. Apparently they don't know you can kill without proc sets...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new sorc, has always been Magicka (minus stam heal) But my new Sorc is Bosmer. Haven't tried becoming Stam Sorc though. Stam is more, complicated for me; honestly. Instead of Magicka, in which; I'm so used to.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on September 22, 2017 5:47PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new sorc, has always been Magicka (minus stam heal) But my new Sorc is Bosmer. Haven't tried becoming Stam Sorc though. Stam is more, complicated for me; honestly. Instead of Magicka, in which; I'm so used to.

Well that's just not optimal, wood elf is for use for stam builds.

You should either change your race, or switch to stam
    Edited by Betsararie on September 22, 2017 6:00PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're definitely more rare now, after the sustain nerfs in Morrowind they got much harder to play. As 2H builds I find they get really boring. I'm still having fun with as a stam sorc with SB and destro staff, toeing the hybrid line with 18k mag. It's trickier to play but a lot of fun.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    They're definitely more rare now, after the sustain nerfs in Morrowind they got much harder to play. As 2H builds I find they get really boring. I'm still having fun with as a stam sorc with SB and destro staff, toeing the hybrid line with 18k mag. It's trickier to play but a lot of fun.

Seems interesting, how so you kill people?

I guess it indeed depends on whether you like a particular weapon skills lineup. I'm fine with dizzy as I like slow but steady burst. And I like to go in, boom, go out, I don't feel like a stamsorc is made for extended engagements. Looking forward to asylum 2h.

For a dual wield setup, i would actually think of a simple viper hundings domihaus kena setup (replace viper with blooddrinker if possible), lots of damage over time. Farming one viper axe would be ideal. New master weapons will make a fine addition next patch to this combo.
    Edited by nCats on September 22, 2017 7:02PM
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The meta ones left to play something easier. I still see the original ones around.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    it was the nerf to vitality pots that did the stam sorcs in. stam sorcs were the top 1vX class bringing high burst dmg while vitpots + rally + critsurge + shuffle + vigor made them hard to kill. add dodge rolling and LOS into all that, they were dam near impossible to kill.

now they are reduced to hitting and running unless you are running some kind of tank build with them. stamdks and wardens can brawl much better than the current stamsorc.
    Edited by saiyan_84 on September 22, 2017 7:19PM
    The Kelly Gang

Saiyan AD DK
    Nayias AD Warden
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    saiyan_84 wrote: »
    it was the nerf to vitality pots that did the stam sorcs in. stam sorcs were the top 1vX class bringing high burst dmg while vitpots + rally + critsurge + shuffle + vigor made them hard to kill. add dodge rolling and LOS into all that, they were dam near impossible to kill.

now they are reduced to hitting and running unless you are running some kind of tank build with them. stamdks and wardens can brawl much better than the current stamsorc.

I feel that more of a problem is the out of control tankiness and healing of magplars, magdens and shieldstackers. Stamsorcs should not run 100% major vitality uptime, that is too much.

Still you can be very successful at booming and zooming, and I think certain surge+resto ult/dw combos may be up for brawl. Otherwise yes, there are other better options for that.

But no better option for non-ganky melee hit and run.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't feel like a stamsorc is made for extended engagements

It's definitely not, was just fighting one last night and his initial burst was good, but after a while I just outlasted him and when you're ready to go in for the kill they're so squishy they can go down fast.

They have all the squishiness of NB without defensive capability of cloak.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw only a handful of stam sorcs this week in PvP (granted, I didn't play as much as usual) and one of them was me. But I was happy since that's more than I usually encounter.
    Still you can be very successful at booming and zooming, and I think certain surge+resto ult/dw combos may be up for brawl. Otherwise yes, there are other better options for that.

But no better option for non-ganky melee hit and run.

DW & Resto is just what I try right now after coming back from a hybrid sorc try out but heals in between resto ults are a bit lackluster and keeping light's champion up locks me out of an offensive ult. The other guys I saw all ran SnB/2h.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing my stam sorc recently after 6 months or so. Still pretty fun/strong in heavy
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    I run good old 2h/bow, lots of stats in all departments at the stake of bound armor and alchemist.

Squishiness is definitely a thing, although with some opponents you can get the upper hand by controlling them through streaks and then dodging their gapcloses.

Honestly, after playing stamdk and stamplar I feel like neither of them is my cup of tea. I like the ability to be mobile the stamsorc way. I think stamsorcs are fine (I d like though they make the overload on/off more reliable, as well as streak), what is out of control is tankiness and healiness (especially when both), especially in CP. The latter is done by some skilled players to resist zerging aka 95% of open world pvp these days. Removing aoe caps would be a good first step to fight with it, but that's another story.

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have gone off to chase the meta that someone told them exists now. Frankly, all classes were hit by the vitality nerf and the dark deal nerf was small. You don't need proc sets to kill in any format. You still have unparalleled mobility which was the stamsorc pillar before.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    People have gone off to chase the meta that someone told them exists now. Frankly, all classes were hit by the vitality nerf and the dark deal nerf was small. You don't need proc sets to kill in any format. You still have unparalleled mobility which was the stamsorc pillar before.

Pretty much.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a few friends that are always trying to chase what someone else said was the meta. They always end up farming gear/gold to put it together, barely playing the class, getting frustrated, and then moving onto the next iteration.

I've found it really fun to just commit to something of my own creation. Build it, learn it, and profit.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Sorcs are not in a very good place right now in PVP. I feel like I'm one of 5 (maybe? I can't even name 5....) still maining it(or even playing it) on PC/NA. As stated earlier in the thread, other classes just flat outperform it right now. I can beat most players, but I have to work a lot harder than other good players on different classes in order to succeed. Stamplar, stamden, Stam dk all have superior damage and tankiness. Stam nb has twice the burst potential and overall damage. Atleast we can glow and streak. Those are still pretty cool features.

Also, the stam sorc superior sustain argument is invalid unless your are not in combat. Competent players punish dark deal... whether solo or in outnumbered situations. In solo circumstances the best way I've found to successfully dark deal is by spamming slows and using streak to create distance. This can be countered by mashing a 1 button gap closer and spamming bash during its animation.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on September 23, 2017 9:11PM
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nCats very easily actually. It's a fairly effective build. On my SB bar buffed I have 3k wpn damage and 44.5k stam. That's plenty of damage. I have major fracture from SB line and I use DB as my burst/execute. It's also a tanky build wirh 26k health. Bound armaments and wall of elements boost my heavy attack damage and I'm working on gettin EOTS to work in conjunction with hurricane when in a 1vX situation.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorcs are not in a very good place right now in PVP. I feel like I'm one of 5 (maybe? I can't even name 5....) still maining it(or even playing it) on PC/NA. As stated earlier in the thread, other class just flat outperform it right now. I can beat most players, but I have to work a lot harder than other good players on different classes in order to succeed. Stamplar, stamden, Stam dk all have superior damage and tankiness. Stam nb has twice the burst potential and overall damage. Atleast we can glow and streak. Those are still pretty cool features.

Also, the stam sorc superior sustain argument is invalid unless your are not in combat. Competent players punish dark deal... whether solo or in outnumbered situations. In solo circumstances the best way I've found to successfully dark deal is by spamming slows and using streak to create distance. This can be countered by mashing a 1 button gap closer and spamming bash during its animation.

This is a very good point to bring up.

Dark deal is another skill that is vastly overrated. It has a 1.2 sec cast time and I feel that many people don't understand just how long that actually is until you use the skill, most skills have an instant cast time.

Dark deal's cast time means that it is a no go while in combat, unless you're fighting one of Cyrodiil's Top 10 Scrubbiest of 2017.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Unless they are stopped using hurricane I personally too see very few of them. I just thought they are all in noCP or BG, because they are so much better in that environment imo.

For what it's worth, you can't see other people's Hurricanes anymore. So not seeing them doesn't mean they're not there. :)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    People moved onto the new fad maybe?

Yep. They're all stamdens now.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Unless they are stopped using hurricane I personally too see very few of them. I just thought they are all in noCP or BG, because they are so much better in that environment imo.

For what it's worth, you can't see other people's Hurricanes anymore. So not seeing them doesn't mean they're not there. :)

Only on members of your own alliance. But then you'd probably see other class defining skills of stam sorcs like streak. Plus that class symbol next to their name (don't even know if this is from an add-on). Enemie's Hurricane is still visible.
    Blanco wrote: »

This is a very good point to bring up.

Dark deal is another skill that is vastly overrated. It has a 1.2 sec cast time and I feel that many people don't understand just how long that actually is until you use the skill, most skills have an instant cast time.

Dark deal's cast time means that it is a no go while in combat, unless you're fighting one of Cyrodiil's Top 10 Scrubbiest of 2017.

Plus that 0.2s of locking you out of skill usage and bar swapping after the 1.2s. It's horrible to use against anyone with a bit of skill.

While I find sS still somewhat amusing for it's mobility I'm really bothered by how I'm striclty bound to my weapons. On other classes you've got much more freedom of choice due to class intern spams or executes. Also half of the class passives are rendered (at least somewhat) useless.

Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 23, 2017 11:31AM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never have a problem dark dealing with shuffle up I'm lucky enough to have it proc and it dodges most players bash,or the bash just doesn't work when fighting some stam sorc.Magsorc its harder to get DD off but in general never had a issue.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Only on members of your own alliance. But then you'd probably see other class defining skills of stam sorcs like streak. Plus that class symbol next to their name (don't even know if this is from an add-on). Enemie's Hurricane is still visible.

Oh that's true, I hadn't considered that the person was probably also looking at bad guys. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Dark deal is very hard to get off against decent players and that interrupt animation is brutal. Also, it can be bashed from really far away and it seems to to work even after the animation is finished and the buff tracker says it's complete so it may be bugged. Just because I can sit in front of some players face and spam it doesn't mean it's overpowered. That's on them as the move has some pretty easy counterplay against it. If I'm spamming it I also don't have enough magicka to streak so I'm making a trade-off there. Stam sorcs only have two stamina skills period to choose from, bound armaments and hurricane. Hurricane is a great move, bound is nice but requires two slots which is a very high price to pay. We need at least a couple more class stam moves. I don't want them to make stam sorcs overpowered, but it feels like we need just one or two more viable options for build diversity. I mean look at stam wardens and nightblades. They have so many moves to use for their stam counterpart. I want the class to be given more choices and made stronger though being able to make unique builds centered around a class definable ability not just arbitrarily buffed.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaysins wrote: »
    Dark deal is very hard to get off against decent players and that interrupt animation is brutal. Also, it can be bashed from really far away and it seems to to work even after the animation is finished and the buff tracker says it's complete so it may be bugged. Just because I can sit in front of some players face and spam it doesn't mean it's overpowered. That's on them as the move has some pretty easy counterplay against it. If I'm spamming it I also don't have enough magicka to streak so I'm making a trade-off there. Stam sorcs only have two stamina skills period to choose from, bound armaments and hurricane. Hurricane is a great move, bound is nice but requires two slots which is a very high price to pay. We need at least a couple more class stam moves. I don't want them to make stam sorcs overpowered, but it feels like we need just one or two more viable options for build diversity. I mean look at stam wardens and nightblades. They have so many moves to use for their stam counterpart. I want the class to be given more choices and made stronger though being able to make unique builds centered around a class definable ability not just arbitrarily buffed.

A stam version of streak would be very interesting, and something they should maybe look into.

That alone would help the class tremendously.
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    I just think stamina dragon knights and sorcerers should get a spamming attack. The other three classes have viable stamina morphs for their main spammable. It'd add so much diversity to builds.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my