The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Transmutation crafting station writ cost

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    Astrid_V wrote: »

watttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?????????????????

1250 vouchers for something that we must complete god knows how many trials to be able to change one trait to a weapon?

LOLLLLL this will be used by 0,00000000000001 % of player base

no tnx i prefer to spend my very hard earned vouchers for cosmetic items
    and if cant get an infused staff will stay with old one

Bruh you can access a free transmute station in the city... If you want your own you have to pay the writ vouchers.

That's part of the problem... they are forcing players to buy the DLC to use a transmutation station. There should be one available for use in the Base Game, not just in Clockwork City.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    method__01 wrote: »
    Astrid_V wrote: »

watttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?????????????????

1250 vouchers for something that we must complete god knows how many trials to be able to change one trait to a weapon?

LOLLLLL this will be used by 0,00000000000001 % of player base

no tnx i prefer to spend my very hard earned vouchers for cosmetic items
    and if cant get an infused staff will stay with old one

Bruh you can access a free transmute station in the city... If you want your own you have to pay the writ vouchers.

That's part of the problem... they are forcing players to buy the DLC to use a transmutation station. There should be one available for use in the Base Game, not just in Clockwork City.

If you are in a guild I'm sure you'll be fine. Every guild has "that guy" who gets all the DLC attuned stations and so on.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    Not bad, I expected 3000+
    1250 is almost 3 times the cost of the trial target dummy

Trust me, the voucher amount for crafting the large Centurion is not the issue, it's getting 120 parts from vHoF reward boxes that's the pain.

You can do normal...to get parts
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

You see the glass half empty. I see it as half full.

Having the station available using writ vouchers is part of the solution ... for players that don't want to buy the DLC or subscribe to ESO+.

Don't want to pay the voucher amount? That's just fine too. Wait for a fellow guildie to put it in the guild hall ... or get the DLC because the content and new trial might be fun to play.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 21, 2017 3:21AM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price is more strange than anything.

1) It is (currently on PTS) listed for the same 1k crowns as the other crafting stations but cost 1250 writ vouchers instead of 35. So it is, relatively speaking, 35.7X worse a deal than the other stations to buy with vouchers. Or, if you prefer a more real raw dollar equivalent, $6.00 on sale through the crown store or $101 dollars worth of gold to get all the stuff to do the writs and quite a few of your hours to actually do them.

2) A free one exists behind a pay wall but also I expect major trade guilds will have them so it is not really like you have to buy it to get any functionality. You will be using them once in a blue moon with the rate at which you will get crystals so it is not a big deal to not have one.

3) I really doubt anybody will pay the 1250 just to have their own for cosmetic reasons. That cost roughly ~2M worth of writs and mats to do the writs could buy so much more stuff for cosmetic purposes than one crafting station.

All in all, it is just a silly string number, and this is coming from a guy who has 1099 writ vouchers sitting unused. It is a lot of writs, and post mega Morrowind and HoTR writ drop nerfs, it is a hell of a lot of writs. At current drop rates It is probably a full year of a fully researched and well motifed crafting toon every day doing the writs. That is around 70 hours labor (assuming you get enough mats from the writs to do them and have access to a house with all attunable sets for quick writ work.) These back of the envelope calculations are really not that hard to do. It is embarrassing for ZOS that they make so many errors in drop rates / costs that are of logarithmic magnitude. It all left me scratching my head. It looks kinda like a one size fits all ZOS type solutions to the problem of writ market collapse that is not well reasoned. At least this is one of the ZOS type solutions with no effects rather than one of the ones with massive unintended bad effects.

Whatever, it is not a problem like broken light / heavy attack scaling that screws up a players entire game experience. It is just sort of strange and comical.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • UK_ICEMAN
    UK_ICEMAN
    Has there been confirmation of it being available in the crown store? If so how many crowns.

Many thanks
    Tamriel Headhunters - Largest and most social guild on the EU Xbox Server, 1,000 members, approx 400 Facebook members.

Events every night of the week, www.tamrielheadhunters.co.uk
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad, I expected 3000+

i expected clown store only
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • DADDYOLDSCHOOL
    I was told that the transmute station could be bought for 1000 crowns. Can anyone confirm this?